2019 Honda Accord PHEV Specs

Lmws214

2019 Honda Accord PHEV Specs, Price

It goes without say that the 2019 Honda Accord PHEV is a force to reckon with in the world of hybrid motors. The Honda Accord PHEV 2019 is significantly superior to most hybrid models like; Nissan Altima and Toyota Camry. The newest member in the family boasts of immense engine developments, advanced technology capabilities and sweeping designs that will blow your mind.

The new Honda Accord introduces a much improved Plug in hybrid that offers up to 3 times the last generation electric range (results in 39 miles EV range). The skin and body embrace a few changes as well as improved technology features that are designed to support its remote monitoring.

2019 Honda Accord PHEV – Interior and Exterior Redesign

The body and the interior of the Honda Accord is expected to embrace some improvements to support the changes on its power train and on its performance.

To minimize on the weight while reinforcing the strength of its body, the car embraces; an aluminum hood and an aluminum sub-frame. More significant changes are on the cars lighting, it boasts of new daytime running lights, LED. Also, rear lights supposedly supported by its new super energy source.

Interior:

The interior of the 2019 Honda Accord PHEV is more spacious and roomy, the seats are super comfortable. The air management is improved and controlled to minimize on any noise that may reach the interior.

The Accord has an advanced interface, an informative steering wheel with fully functional fingerprint technology. Also, it is fitted with; heated front-seats, touch screen multi -information display and audio systems, adjustable drivers’ seat with intelligent memory and a dual zone automatic climate control system.

The 2019 Honda Accord PHEV also features additional technology features to convenience the driver and passengers.

2019 Honda Accord PHEV – Engine and Performance

The new Honda Accord is expected feed from either of these two power trains; the turbocharged 2.0-liter inline four and the turbocharged 1.5-liter inline four with a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT). The latter is however projected to be the main engine in most cars.

The base engine (with CVT) yields 192 hp with the alternative yielding 252 hp (turbo inline four with 10-speed automatic).

The new Accord is an incredible power machine capable of accelerating to 60 mph in a mere7.3 seconds compared to its predecessors 7.6 seconds. The 2019 Honda Accord PHEV covers a quarter mile in 15.7 seconds at 91 mph.

It offers 10:3:1 compression ratio, a variable valve timing system, a fast charging LI-ion battery 6.7 kWh capable of charging for approximately 3 hours and 1 hour in 120 volts and 220 volts sources respectively.

Apart from improvements on the engine, the 2019 Accord is capable of supporting a remote control from a Honda link smart phone application. It achieves 29 mpg EPA rates in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.

2019 Honda Accord PHEV – Price and Release Date

In conclusion, the release dates of the 2019 Accord have not been made official. However, it might hit the major dealer rooms late 2018 or early 2019. 

http://honda2018.com/2019-honda-accord-phev/

post-197177-0-16813000-1515329198.jpg

post-197177-0-73080000-1515329214.jpg

↡ Advertisement

No offense to @lmws214, but how familiar you are with the various Honda model?

A newer version of Accord (one generation later than what you have posted) has been introduced back in September 2017...

The same for Honda Freed that you have posted in another of your thread. The 2nd generation of Freed was officially unveiled in Japan 1.5 years back!!

• Praise 7

Lol.. Pure Petrol-head ya!! In for the adrenaline..

hmm no lah. I'm actually ok. but after sitting in the prius and sienta hybrids, i don't really like the way the hybrids cut in with instant electric torque up to like 40kph, then suddenly cut off cos the weaker combustion engine has no torque to sustain it when u are really revving. 

of course if u drive very sedately, then it's quite smooth. But that's not the way i drive when I'm impatient  [laugh]

I doubt the camry hybrid eg behave in the same way, as the 2.5L probably have enough torque to sustain. If i need a petrol turbo to keep up with the torque, might as well save the long term maintenance worry of batteries failing and just get a petrol turbo.

• Praise 1

hmm no lah. I'm actually ok. but after sitting in the prius and sienta hybrids, i don't really like the way the hybrids cut in with instant electric torque up to like 40kph, then suddenly cut off cos the weaker combustion engine has no torque to sustain it when u are really revving. 

of course if u drive very sedately, then it's quite smooth. But that's not the way i drive when I'm impatient  [laugh]

I doubt the camry hybrid eg behave in the same way, as the 2.5L probably have enough torque to sustain. If i need a petrol turbo to keep up with the torque, might as well save the long term maintenance worry of batteries failing and just get a petrol turbo.

I thought is another way round where the engine assist the electric motor when the driver need more power or battery is low charge & engine shut off when driving around city area? This is how the hybrid cars save fuel... 

I thought is another way round where the engine assist the electric motor when the driver need more power or battery is low charge & engine shut off when driving around city area? This is how the hybrid cars save fuel... 

i don't drive a lot. 40k km in 3 years. And anyway fuel costs is not really a big factor compared to a cost of car in SG unless u are talking abt some vehicle's FC that is really bad like <8km/L

Edited by Lala81

of course if u drive very sedately, then it's quite smooth. But that's not the way i drive when I'm impatient [laugh]

been driving Sienta hybrid for a week. sometimes not possible to drive sedately especially when moving off from traffic lights as you will be road hogging haha... the high rev needs some getting used to. hope to save petrol as my daily commute includes large portion of highway travel.

engine kicks in at low rev, so most of the city drive can be done by hybrid mode (electric + petrol). but as i mentioned, still need to have pure petrol engine especially during moving off from stop.

been driving Sienta hybrid for a week. sometimes not possible to drive sedately especially when moving off from traffic lights as you will be road hogging haha... the high rev needs some getting used to. hope to save petrol as my daily commute includes large portion of highway travel.

engine kicks in at low rev, so most of the city drive can be done by hybrid mode (electric + petrol). but as i mentioned, still need to have pure petrol engine especially during moving off from stop.

You just got the car and changed the rims already?  [dizzy]

How you know he change rims?? You stalking him ah?? Not worried I jealous?? wahahahaha :grin::secret-laugh:

He post in some thread about rims.

No la, don't dare to touch your babe.

we had rented a hybrid car for our trip in japan recently. petrol consumption was clocked around 23km/l~25km/l in city driving and around 17km/l~19km/l in highway driving. legal speed limit in the city between 50km/h to 60km/h and 70km/h to 80km/h in highway. most of the jap driver observe speed limit and hybrid car in popular in japan. however, sin driver may find hybrid car boring due to our driving style.

you may need a slightly longer pick up time for overtaking along highway. you can feel the engine rev at a higher rpm for battery charging while you stop at the traffic junction.

pro: economical

con: lack of instance power