Respray or new bumper/bodykit?

ChaosMyth

Hello. Would like to seek some opinions here.

Thinking of respraying my car as the paintwork is turning yellowish and there are paintwork damages (stone chips, dings and dangs) on the bumper. Previous owner also used liquid paper to try to mask up the stone chips.  -_- If I were to respray on the current bumper, after refibre/putty+respray, would there be a risk of the paintwork cracking after sometime? 

Or would it actually be wiser to replace the bumper with a good condition secondhand one followed by respray?

I'm keeping my options opened. May be a good time to change new bodykit as well but not exactly familiar with the different types. 

post-186600-0-98176700-1522810110_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-52415400-1522810118_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-46176300-1522810125_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-58172300-1522810134_thumb.jpg

post-186600-0-79528400-1522810146_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Thinking of respraying my car as the paintwork is turning yellowish and there are paintwork damages (stone chips, dings and dangs) on the bumper. Previous owner also used liquid paper to try to mask up the stone chips.  -_- If I were to respray on the current bumper, after refibre/putty+respray, would there be a risk of the paintwork cracking after sometime? 

Or would it actually be wiser to replace the bumper with a good condition secondhand one followed by respray?

I'm keeping my options opened. May be a good time to change new bodykit as well but not exactly familiar with the different types. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1920.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1921.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1922.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1923.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1924.jpg

If your budget allows, it would be nice to change to a 2nd hand good condition one and respray. Those cuts and scratches can be easily repaired by workshops and most of them will say the paintwork will not crack unless there are impact to the affected areas. My ex car has this problem and I went ahead to repair rather then change new. More economical for me. But do note that the respray might show 2 different contrast of white since the chassis paintwork is not touched.

:a-good: Replace and respray 

• Praise 1

Some say he change car when it comes to replace the brake pads.  [bounce2]

Yah Yah.. Sibeh deep pocket.. kenna chips and kerb rash will go respray/replace.. hahhaa. 

• Praise 2

@kDASh is a blonde....... 

change car :XD:

Liquid Paper ... LOL.... must buy next car white colour to match liquid paper  [laugh] ; some more can work as filler and just sand paper it to smoothen it

• Praise 1

If your budget allows, it would be nice to change to a 2nd hand good condition one and respray. Those cuts and scratches can be easily repaired by workshops and most of them will say the paintwork will not crack unless there are impact to the affected areas. My ex car has this problem and I went ahead to repair rather then change new. More economical for me. But do note that the respray might show 2 different contrast of white since the chassis paintwork is not touched.

the reason why i'm considering to change bumper because previously when I got it removed to check on some wiring works I think they used a clip inside to secure it as something inside broke already. 

trying to find secondhand ones on carousell but none for now. asked my workshop but they don't have it either. if anyone has lobang please let me know. honda forum also quite dead. haha.

change car :XD:

change to sienta? 

Liquid Paper ... LOL.... must buy next car white colour to match liquid paper  [laugh] ; some more can work as filler and just sand paper it to smoothen it

hard to match liquid paper white leh. i have it all over. the boot, the doors. lol.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

the reason why i'm considering to change bumper because previously when I got it removed to check on some wiring works I think they used a clip inside to secure it as something inside broke already.

trying to find secondhand ones on carousell but none for now. asked my workshop but they don't have it either. if anyone has lobang please let me know. honda forum also quite dead. haha.

change to sienta?

hard to match liquid paper white leh. i have it all over. the boot, the doors. lol.

FD2R my dear
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

His picture already exposed. 

Not blonde hor...  :D

↡ Advertisement