Lied to by a salesman at kia-motors and I need advice

Fictionaire

I signed a sales agreement to purchase a Carens on 24th February 2018 at KIA Fulco Ubi. 

It was a display model and I received a generous $2000 discount for it. It was a July 2017 model, so I reckoned that it has been in the showroom for at least 8 months already.

The next day, I went to KIA Alexandra to view the car. The car is full of stickers but I didn’t mind since the $2000 discount was generous. 

Before signing the agreement, the salesperson assured me once COE is secured they will remove the car from the showroom immediately. He claimed the registration process would be faster if I buy this display car since the car is already in the showroom. Sounded good to me. 

COE was secured more than 2 weeks ago on the 21st of March 2018. After being told that the COE was secured, I informed him that I hoped to get the car within 7-10 days. He told me that it is not possible as KIA was flooded with a lot of new registrations. He said he could deliver the car on 10th April at the earliest. 

The disappointing thing was that there had been no updates from the salesperson since 21st March. Since there is a lack of update and it’s already 7th April, I decided to take a trip to KIA Alexandra this morning to see if the car is still in the showroom. 

To my surprise, I saw the car still displayed in the showroom! Now, the car has more stickers than usual and has a lot of unsightly marks from previous stickers. Also, for the whole duration I was there, the lights were switched on. Sigh, God knows what will happen to the battery. 

I informed the salesperson of my disappointment. I told him that he had promised me that the car will be out of the showroom once COE is secured but the car is still there!

It seems to me that they were intentionally delaying to deliver the car because they want to continue to use it as a display model. Looking at the state of the car now, it seemed to be in a more “abused” condition than when I saw the car on the 25th February. 

I wished I was informed about this issue earlier. Personally, with my dealings with businesses, I try to be understanding as much as possible. To be honest, I won’t mind if the car is still on display for one extra weekend since I understand that they need some time to get a replacement car.....but putting the car on display for another 3 extra weekends without telling me is just unethical. I think they were simply taking their chances that I would never find out. 

I am very disappointed that an AD is capable of lying and deceiving a customer like that. 

I was hoping for a small and kind compensation since my car was unnecessarily “abused” for a further unnecessary 3 weeks but their response was just a “sorry, we will take out your car from the showroom after this weekend. You should know that you are buying a display car. If you want a new car, get a new car.” Such an amazing response.

I wish to seek advice if there are any recourse I could take. For one, I can go to CASE to lodge a formal complaint. Also, is it possible for me to get back my deposit if I refuse to buy the car in its current state? I understand that the TCOE will expire in 6 months. 

Hope you can offer me some advice. :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I'm interested to hear from the others.

So did u buy from fulco or Alexandra?

Fulco bro. But the car is a display car at Alexandra. 

Thanks for responding. :)

Hypersonic

very complicated and difficult to understand

buy at fulco but car on display in c&c alexandra showroom

title stated car manufacturer kia motors was the one who lied

and 2k discount is generous for display car

Honestly. 2k ain't a lot to me

110k car. 2k is a merely 1++%?

A simple Coe fluctuation will cover that 2k.

I donno about you. But for me. I like to go car showroom for fun even though I'm not buying .

I have seen really disgusting behaviour of prospective buyers at the showroom. The abuse to the display car (it's not mine mentality) is amazing. Typical Singaporean. I have seen china PRC as well.

My friend LAGI better. He bought his new car. Collected . And wanted to know how to dismantle the battery stuff from the engine bay. Guess what? He didn't dare to try it on his brand new car. He went to showroom to practise. His sales agent was doing some paper work for him and he had absolute free play.

All for that 2k?

• Praise 5

You have a point. 2K is not a lot but the promises made were hard to resist. 

Honestly. 2k ain't a lot to me

110k car. 2k is a merely 1++%?

A simple Coe fluctuation will cover that 2k.

I donno about you. But for me. I like to go car showroom for fun even though I'm not buying .

I have seen really disgusting behaviour of prospective buyers at the showroom. The abuse to the display car (it's not mine mentality) is amazing. Typical Singaporean. I have seen china PRC as well.

My friend LAGI better. He bought his new car. Collected . And wanted to know how to dismantle the battery stuff from the engine bay. Guess what? He didn't dare to try it on his brand new car. He went to showroom to practise. His sales agent was doing some paper work for him and he had absolute free play.

All for that 2k?

I signed a sales agreement to purchase a Carens on 24th February 2018 at KIA Fulco Ubi. 

It was a display model and I received a generous $2000 discount for it. It was a July 2017 model, so I reckoned that it has been in the showroom for at least 8 months already.

The next day, I went to KIA Alexandra to view the car. The car is full of stickers but I didn’t mind since the $2000 discount was generous. 

Before signing the agreement, the salesperson assured me once COE is secured they will remove the car from the showroom immediately. He claimed the registration process would be faster if I buy this display car since the car is already in the showroom. Sounded good to me. 

COE was secured more than 2 weeks ago on the 21st of March 2018. After being told that the COE was secured, I informed him that I hoped to get the car within 7-10 days. He told me that it is not possible as KIA was flooded with a lot of new registrations. He said he could deliver the car on 10th April at the earliest. 

The disappointing thing was that there had been no updates from the salesperson since 21st March. Since there is a lack of update and it’s already 7th April, I decided to take a trip to KIA Alexandra this morning to see if the car is still in the showroom. 

To my surprise, I saw the car still displayed in the showroom! Now, the car has more stickers than usual and has a lot of unsightly marks from previous stickers. Also, for the whole duration I was there, the lights were switched on. Sigh, God knows what will happen to the battery. 

I informed the salesperson of my disappointment. I told him that he had promised me that the car will be out of the showroom once COE is secured but the car is still there!

It seems to me that they were intentionally delaying to deliver the car because they want to continue to use it as a display model. Looking at the state of the car now, it seemed to be in a more “abused” condition than when I saw the car on the 25th February. 

I wished I was informed about this issue earlier. Personally, with my dealings with businesses, I try to be understanding as much as possible. To be honest, I won’t mind if the car is still on display for one extra weekend since I understand that they need some time to get a replacement car.....but putting the car on display for another 3 extra weekends without telling me is just unethical. I think they were simply taking their chances that I would never find out. 

I am very disappointed that an AD is capable of lying and deceiving a customer like that. 

I was hoping for a small and kind compensation since my car was unnecessarily “abused” for a further unnecessary 3 weeks but their response was just a “sorry, we will take out your car from the showroom after this weekend. You should know that you are buying a display car. If you want a new car, get a new car.” Such an amazing response.

I wish to seek advice if there are any recourse I could take. For one, I can go to CASE to lodge a formal complaint. Also, is it possible for me to get back my deposit if I refuse to buy the car in its current state? I understand that the TCOE will expire in 6 months. 

sales agreement signed, and so long as they register and deliver, you have to take this unit. and I assume whatever the salesman said was not put down in the sales agreement in black & white.

possible to ask for another year of warranty or some more cash discount ?

I apologise. Tried my best to explain the complicated situation. I assumed they are all under KIA motors. 

Appreciate the response anyway. Cheers. 

very complicated and difficult to understand

buy at fulco but car on display in c&c alexandra showroom

title stated car manufacturer kia motors was the one who lied

and 2k discount is generous for display car

Not black and white, but can infer from our whatsapp conversation. The salesman won't budge because he probably thinks he is not at fault here. 

Probably true. It's not illegal but definitely unethical. If I can't trust him to get the car out of the showroom after coe is secured, I doubt I can trust him that the car is not abused in other ways.

As what Friendstar said, 2K is not worthwhile. A lot of unknowns. 

well, I would escalate the matter one level higher within Fulco and hear them out before going to CASE or SCT.

• Praise 1

I will try my best to do that. 

well, I would escalate the matter one level higher within Fulco and hear them out before going to CASE or SCT.

Hypersonic
(edited)

fulco has absolutely no bargaining power over c&c since they are just a sub distributor of c&c

i suspect it’s c&c still holding on to the display car

regardless the sales talk given to make that sale to the gullible buyer

Edited by Enye

The next day, I went to KIA Alexandra to view the car. The car is full of stickers but I didnât mind since the $2000 discount was generous.

The disappointing thing was that there had been no updates from the salesperson since 21st March. Since there is a lack of update and itâs already 7th April, I decided to take a trip to KIA Alexandra this morning to see if the car is still in the showroom.

It seems to me that they were intentionally delaying to deliver the car because they want to continue to use it as a display model. Looking at the state of the car now, it seemed to be in a more âabusedâ condition than when I saw the car on the 25th February.

I wished I was informed about this issue earlier. Personally, with my dealings with businesses, I try to be understanding as much as possible. To be honest, I wonât mind if the car is still on display for one extra weekend since I understand that they need some time to get a replacement car.....but putting the car on display for another 3 extra weekends without telling me is just unethical. I think they were simply taking their chances that I would never find out.

I was hoping for a small and kind compensation since my car was unnecessarily âabusedâ for a further unnecessary 3 weeks but their response was just a âsorry, we will take out your car from the showroom after this weekend. You should know that you are buying a display car. If you want a new car, get a new car.â Such an amazing response.

I wish to seek advice if there are any recourse I could take. For one, I can go to CASE to lodge a formal complaint. Also, is it possible for me to get back my deposit if I refuse to buy the car in its current state? I understand that the TCOE will expire in 6 months.

Congratulations, you have bought a second hand car. Imagine people bringing food and drinks into your old car. Sure got scratches here and there inside and outside of car.

For $2k discount. If $10k discount, I will take lah. $2k, Idgaf.

• Praise 1

Honestly I didn't know about this business structure.

So technically, it's not fulco's fault per se and my salesman is probably in a difficult situation.

In this case, C&C probably has a final say about which cars to put in their showroom.

Sigh, I am trying so hard to be forgiving & understanding here but I was just disappointed to be left in the dark for weeks about this.

P:S how do I change the title of this thread so that it's not misleading to anyone? I don't intend to mislead anyone. 

fulco has absolutely no bargaining power over c&c since they are just a sub distributor of c&c

i suspect it’s c&c still holding on to the display car

regardless the sales talk given to make that sale to the gullible buyer

• Praise 1

Yes. I will probably do that or pay an extra $2000 for a new car. 

Yep just escalate upwards.

I don't like fulco.

CNC is bad... Fulco is worse. My opinion

I apologise. Tried my best to explain the complicated situation. I assumed they are all under KIA motors.

Appreciate the response anyway. Cheers.

Not black and white, but can infer from our whatsapp conversation. The salesman won't budge because he probably thinks he is not at fault here.

Probably true. It's not illegal but definitely unethical. If I can't trust him to get the car out of the showroom after coe is secured, I doubt I can trust him that the car is not abused in other ways.

As what Friendstar said, 2K is not worthwhile. A lot of unknowns.

You agreed to buy a second hand display car. Legally they are not wrong cos they are selling your the display car. Aka demo car, imagine people farting inside your car. Stain this and that.
  • Praise 1

True, you are right. The condition of the car is bad honestly, probably on display since July last year. But I am not a fussy buyer, so I guess $2000 is better than nothing. I guess I am wrong now. LOL.

Congratulations, you have bought a second hand car. Imagine people bringing food and drinks into your old car. Sure got scratches here and there inside and outside of car.

For $2k discount. If $10k discount, I will take lah. $2k, Idgaf.

Haha. But my salesman is rather friendly and professional. Just very disappointed with him about this issue. 

Lots of bengs at fulco, those that probably go hang flower at those ah tiong or Thai pubs.

↡ Advertisement