Self defense justified? BMW driver stabbed to death

ChaosMyth

Man who stabbed BMW driver to death in viral road rage incident ruled to have acted in self-defense.

A man who stabbed a BMW driver to death in a viral road rage incident last week in the Jiangsu city of Kunshan has been ruled to have acted in justifiable self-defense, a decision that has been the cause of celebration across the Chinese internet.

The incident occurred at an intersection on Monday night at around 9:37 pm. Surveillance camera footage shows a BMW attempting to swerve into a bike-only lane ahead of a red light, bumping up against one cyclist who refuses to give way. Quickly, two passengers, one man and one woman, exit the car and approach the cyclist. The woman helps the cyclist, a 41-year-old man named Yu Haiming, move his electric bike to the sidewalk. After talking for a time, the two head back to the BMW.

However, it’s then that the driver, a 36-year-old man named Liu Hailong, storms out of the vehicle and heads straight for Yu. Though the male passenger tries to hold him back, Liu continues to try to attack Yu.

Eventually, Liu returns to his car and reemerges with a machete. This time, the passenger does not try to get in the way as Liu rushes at Yu and takes a number of swipes. Yu holds his ground long enough for the machete to get knocked out of Liu’s hand, falling on the road. The two men both scramble to pick up the weapon, however, it is Yu that gets to it first.

With the machete in hand, Yu is able to throw Liu to the ground and stab once at his stomach. Liu then gets up and tries to run back to his car. Yu chases him, slashing at his opponent at least another four times.

post-186600-0-21143400-1536025179_thumb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn9_KCPfQPs

https://shanghai.ist/2018/09/03/man-who-stabbed-bmw-driver-to-death-in-viral-road-rage-incident-ruled-to-have-acted-in-self-defense/

I say justified because it was unprovoked. Who goes around carrying a machete in the car too?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

first stab is self defense but when you chase after and slash another 4 times.... where got defense ... is attack lor

i think at that moment you can only think of not you die mean i die, he also duno if the driver run back to the car will bring out bigger weapon or not.

• Praise 4

first stab is self defense but when you chase after and slash another 4 times.... where got defense ... is attack lor

You have a point, but we are here safely at our desks typing away. Machete is Liu's, at that moment it is very real that He could have continued to attack Yu and God knows what other weapons he have in his car. 

I say Yu has a very very valid reason to "disable" Liu. 

For me, I say its a fair judgement !!  [flowerface]

but can u say that , 

he is trying to kill me.

if i only def, who know he go back and bring out a gun??

• Praise 1

i think at that moment you can only think of not you die mean i die, he also duno if the driver run back to the car will bring out bigger weapon or not.

what happen to the passenger in the car?

but can u say that , 

he is trying to kill me.

if i only def, who know he go back and bring out a gun??

if he is not ang kong siao... will you still think he has a gun?

and iif he has gun he still bring knife for what lol

Edited by Galantspeedz

they didn't really 'trying' to stop the driver, the guy pull him for a while and let him continue to hit the victim. I doubt the victim will target those passengers.

they didn't really 'trying' to stop the driver, the guy pull him for a while and let him continue to hit the victim. I doubt the victim will target those passengers.

i tot he scared he call for backup?

not scared male passenger call for back up?

This one is one of the key points..

Yu’s case was further helped in the eyes of the public by subsequent revelations about Liu who was found to have a lengthy criminal record including four prison sentences for crimes like theft, assault, extortion, and destruction of property. In addition, he was discovered to have been drinking that night with a blood-alcohol level of 0.087.

if he is not ang kong siao... will you still think he has a gun?

and iif he has gun he still bring knife for what lol

nothing to do with angkong.

but the first time he go attack, also didnt bring weapon,

cannot win then go take machete.

if still cannot win, 

take out gun?? very possible,

morever, we can assume its legal or the pen is not high for owning a machete.

so he might not want to take out more lethal weapon unless no choice.

of course all these is argument, but cannot deny the possibility , thats y the judge give him the benift of the doubt.

i remember 1 malaysia family kill a robber, roughly same ideal

nothing to do with angkong.

but the first time he go attack, also didnt bring weapon,

cannot win then go take machete.

if still cannot win, 

take out gun?? very possible,

morever, we can assume its legal or the pen is not high for owning a machete.

so he might not want to take out more lethal weapon unless no choice.

of course all these is argument, but cannot deny the possibility , thats y the judge give him the benift of the doubt.

i remember 1 malaysia family kill a robber, roughly same ideal

the first time he was held back by his friend... he never attack...

Will you make the same assumption if it happens in SG?

if the first stab killed him... then can agree is self defense

You have a point, but we are here safely at our desks typing away. Machete is Liu's, at that moment it is very real that He could have continued to attack Yu and God knows what other weapons he have in his car. 

I say Yu has a very very valid reason to "disable" Liu. 

For me, I say its a fair judgement !!  [flowerface]

@Othello safely at our desk?

you never encounter before does not mean others never........

does Liu deserve to die... i guess so... was the judgement fair? maybe not...

Edited by Galantspeedz