Alpine Halo9 iLX-F309E

Axeman24

Was just surfing the Apline website and saw this 9" head unit. Its called the Halo 9. Has anyone installed it? 

http://www.alpine-asia.com/sg/product/Audio-Visual/Alpine%20Halo9%20iLX-F309E

I have installed it on my ride.

The reason that I choose this is due to

1) Big screen with video playback option as my factory headunit is a cheapo 5".

2) Pre-amp out for my aftermarket amp.

2) The only aftermarket headunit that can fit my ride without any modification of the factory fascia panel on my ride.

Edited by Delerium74

2) The only aftermarket headunit that can fit my ride without any modification of the factory fascia panel on my ride.

Hi bro, what car you are driving and how much you paid for it?

Hi bro, what car you are driving and how much you paid for it?

I'm driving Kia Niro.

$1,399 (include installation) for the Halo9 & Steering Control Adapter and $120 for the USB/HDMI port, which happen to fit very nicely onto my existing USB port.

Everything on my steering control works, except for the voice command function.

Edited by Delerium74
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bro, how would you rate the sound quality? Would it be better as compared to Pioneer range?

Bro, how would you rate the sound quality? Would it be better as compared to Pioneer range?

I did not compare with Pioneer as Alpine is the only aftermarket headunit that can fit my car but it sure sound better than OEM headunit.

Mind you that I have a 4ch amp (from previous ride), an Active Sub and 4x Coaxial spks at the door.

Still a distance to go in terms of sound quality/accuracy due to car acoustic as the mid seems to overpowering the highs & lows, especially during high volume.

Think will need to go active if want good sound.

Alpine do not have digital out so not the best choice for active setup but the 9" screen is really good.

Edited by Delerium74

Neutral Newbie

I did not compare with Pioneer as Alpine is the only aftermarket headunit that can fit my car but it sure sound better than OEM headunit.

Mind you that I have a 4ch amp (from previous ride), an Active Sub and 4x Coaxial spks at the door.

Still a distance to go in terms of sound quality/accuracy due to car acoustic as the mid seems to overpowering the highs & lows, especially during high volume.

Think will need to go active if want good sound.

Alpine do not have digital out so not the best choice for active setup but the 9" screen is really good.

Thanks much!

I am seriously tempted to get the Halo9. That said, Installer is recommending i go for Pioneer Z9150BT citing better features and hvg a dvd/cd player. That being said, i do note that i havent been using the cd/dvd features on my current ride as i frequently play music from spotify/mp3/flac.

Noting your feedback about mid range, i suspect i might not experience that as my new ride will continue to hv passive setup w 4ch amp, front n rear component speakers (no sub). Going by Alpine's known SQ, it might juz be that the Halo9 would be a better fit even though more ex and without the bells n whistles. Guess time to go for an audition ^_^

Thanks much!

I am seriously tempted to get the Halo9. That said, Installer is recommending i go for Pioneer Z9150BT citing better features and hvg a dvd/cd player. That being said, i do note that i havent been using the cd/dvd features on my current ride as i frequently play music from spotify/mp3/flac.

Noting your feedback about mid range, i suspect i might not experience that as my new ride will continue to hv passive setup w 4ch amp, front n rear component speakers (no sub). Going by Alpine's known SQ, it might juz be that the Halo9 would be a better fit even though more ex and without the bells n whistles. Guess time to go for an audition ^_^

Sorry to have make you misunderstood.

My current setup is still passive with sub, which has the mid-centric sound that I discribed. The culprit is the 3-way coaxial spks that I used on all 4 doors.

Component spks should not have the issue that I experienced and installer did mentioned that Halo9 sounds "digital".

I'll be going active by year-end.

Thanks much!

Hi, so did you install the Halo 9?

Any feedback from anyone who installed it? Is the display resolution very noticeably poor? Read that its resolution is 800x480.

I saw the review on youtube. It's installed into some Subaru car. Many commented the big screen may be a good thing but for the Subaru case it's obviously blocking the aircon vents. I know the screen's height is adjustable but you have to make sure there are no controls...in the Subaru case there are 3 aircon knobs that will not allow the screen to be shifted downwards. There are a lot of compromise for that guy or car. LoL...

I'm driving Kia Niro.

$1,399 (include installation) for the Halo9 & Steering Control Adapter and $120 for the USB/HDMI port, which happen to fit very nicely onto my existing USB port.

Everything on my steering control works, except for the voice command function.

Becos there isn't a microphone installed?

How about the reverse camera?

I saw that it can also install TPMS, probably has to be purchased separately.

Can share which audio shop you went to do the installation?

Edited by Watwheels

Becos there isn't a microphone installed?

How about the reverse camera?

I saw that it can also install TPMS, probably has to be purchased separately.

Can share which audio shop you went to do the installation?

There's microphone installed. Kia Niro steering wheel has a voice command button but it can't activate the voice command on the Alpine. Alpine voice command will have to be activated via the touchscreen.

All other buttons/controls on the steering wheels works with Alpine seamlessly.

Reverse camera works flawlessly with my factory reverse camera. I just need to deactivate the guiding lines on the screen as the factory reverse camera has it's own guiding lines.

Understand it can show car information like TPMS but may need additional hardware.

I done my installation at ST AudioMaster.
You can look for Eddie
↡ Advertisement