Cars that owners get rid off quickly

therock

This survey was done overseas but it’s interesting to see quite a few so called luxury cars in the list and specifically BMWs..

https://www.autoblog.com/photos/top-11-cars-that-are-resold-in-the-first-year/#slide-7556521

What do you think arethe top ten cars people will sell after a year’s ownership? And why?

Poor reliability?

Good trade in?

Change in COE price?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Can see where most of the money is spent. Most of it goes to luxury inside the car but not the rest.

To me it's no surprise looking at Jaguar/LR cars. Followed by BMW/MINI models. But for Nissan where most of the money go? It's not even luxury and on the low end side.

Knowing US buyers they are not into diesel which the Jaguar/LR cars are mostly equipped. With the diesel scandal from German cars and most petrol kiosk dont even offer diesel for them to pump. I think there are not many takers. BMW/MINI entry models have the turbocharged 3 cylinders no need to say they are not a fan of neither the turbo nor the 3 cylinder engine. They are into the big capacity NA V6/V8 engines. But it's true nothing can replace engine size.

Edited by Watwheels

i read some report.

some western country is more worth it to lease these luxury brand then buying them.

u get to own the car mius all the repair cost. 

Interestingly no VW and Audi in the list.

Maybe not many were sold there to begin with that warrant the sampling...

I’m surprised the new Class made the list.

No wowo... cos they’re supposedly for life...brand new or preloved

Turbocharged

In UK, this could be the situation but I think also subjective.

I am sure there could be some romantic frenchy car on an alternative list if you have read some of the Brit car forums.

In Sg context I am sure the list of the top 10 cars again may be vastly different.

Probably car models where the sales does not take off and the importer does not have the resources to back up the after sales service.

[drivingcar] Lol 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Within a year.. should have warranty?

Or maybe these makes have produced so much lemons the owners got scared they ditch early within a year?

Something wrong leh.. Merc C class tops the list? This article written and researched by American ah?

Edited by Solar

Interestingly no VW and Audi in the list.

Not sure about US. But in Germany most VW model are 6 spd manual, including rental car default manual.

So should not have much problem.

What happened with your Pininfarina classic?

I sue pininfarina until their pants drop.  Bcos I say they lie that the same designer worked on Ferrari.

But they tell me "What do you think".

Another one said "lets move on"

The last one said "it's an honest mistake", right?

I sue pininfarina until their pants drop.  Bcos I say they lie that the same designer worked on Ferrari.

But they tell me "What do you think".

Another one said "lets move on"