Can use private bus (Hiace) as goods vehicle

Moimoi19

Neutral Newbie

Hi. Need advice from bros here.

Intending to get a hiace for my work. However as need to fetch children, so I am thinking of getting a PC plate hiace, than maybe remove 2 or 3 rows of seat behind so than I can use the back to carry goods. Will this violate any ruling and will i get into trouble during the yearly inspection?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Intending to get a hiace for my work. However as need to fetch children, so I am thinking of getting a PC plate hiace, than maybe remove 2 or 3 rows of seat behind so than I can use the back to carry goods. Will this violate any ruling and will i get into trouble during the yearly inspection?

How are you going to get approval to buy a PC plate bus in the first place. Do read lta rules.

Neutral Newbie

Oh my...how about registering as excursion bus? The company is listed as a contractor in ACRA

(edited)

You also need to have vocational license in order to drive these buses, cannot suka suka think got class 3 & 4 driving license then can drive orh.

If your bus is registered as 14 seater bus, you cannot add or minus the seats as you wish under LTA regulation.

Edited by Sugimoto

(edited)

Private bus is to fetch either company staff or its registered clients. If not, u need to show contracts from companies that intends to engage your company to provide transport services for their clients or staff. Doesn't mean your company is acra means straightaway can buy private bus. If i not wrong, insurance only covers company related work staff and not personels or family members not related to the company business. LTA is very strict with private bus registration.

Edited by WangWang888

Private bus is to fetch either company staff or its registered clients. If not, u need to show contracts from companies that intends to engage your company to provide transport services for their clients or staff. Doesn't mean your company is acra means straightaway can buy private bus. If i not wrong, insurance only covers company related work staff and not personels or family members not related to the company business. LTA is very strict with private bus registration.

Private bus is solely use for transporting company staff & company's clients associate with the registered company. It cannot be use for transporting other companies staffs for profit even you have the contact. Other companies are only allow to engage private hire bus or school bus with AWC permit.

For P plate you need approval from LTA by providing the names of 10/12(depend on number of seats) staff of your company.

This may take 2 months after approved then you can buy/register your Hiace P plate.

• Praise 7

Neutral Newbie

Damn, didnt know that there are so many restriction in getting an hiace to use to transport people and goods.

Had originally thought of getting a G plate and getting a sofa to put behind, however as there isnt seat belt nor can it be bolt down so there is a certain risk factor and my in-laws would certainly talk about it if there saw me using that to fetch my children  [smallcry]  [smallcry] 

Does other country has some much restriction in getting such vehicle? Why must our govt make it so hard for us  :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:  

Twincharged

Damn, didnt know that there are so many restriction in getting an hiace to use to transport people and goods.

Had originally thought of getting a G plate and getting a sofa to put behind, however as there isnt seat belt nor can it be bolt down so there is a certain risk factor and my in-laws would certainly talk about it if there saw me using that to fetch my children [smallcry][smallcry]

Does other country has some much restriction in getting such vehicle? Why must our govt make it so hard for us :TT_TT::TT_TT:

Search for hiace dark prime in sgcarmart. You will get what you are looking for. There is a used one with belts. There is rear aircon too. And a huge load bay.
  • Praise 1

Search for hiace dark prime in sgcarmart. You will get what you are looking for. There is a used one with belts. There is rear aircon too. And a huge load bay.

Yearly inspection will be an issue.

Twincharged
(edited)

I ever seen a hiace with S plate. What is this scheme?

S plate means normal car scheme. Pay the appropriate taxes.

Double cab pickup also can be reg as S plate. If you want to pay LTA will welcome you to.

Edited by Mkl22

Neutral Newbie

S plate means normal car scheme. Pay the appropriate taxes.

Double cab pickup also can be reg as S plate. If you want to pay LTA will welcome you to.

I see, where to find how much to do so? 

If assuming an hiace become a S plate normal scheme mean I can just put chair and bolt down for the back right, also able to enter Malaysia easily right?

↡ Advertisement