Cheaporest DIY Car Audio System Upgrade

Phluvcat

(edited)

My COE car dun have aux input, which is a no no in the modern times as I cannot play music from gadgets such as phones and ipods, etc.

Hence completed a simple upgrade to improve the flexibility of the existing sound system and make full use of the speakers and tweeters which are pretty decent and good enough for me.

I share my humble and cheapo DIY project with fellow bros.

Appreciate suggestions if can improve the "setup", make it neater or more presentable.  Hahahaha  [laugh]

post-61055-0-63662500-1560071148_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lightsabre
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

My COE car dun have aux input, which is a no no in the modern times as I cannot play music from gadgets such as phones and ipods, etc.

Hence completed a simple upgrade to improve the flexibility of the existing sound system and make full use of the speakers and tweeters which are pretty decent and good enough for me.

I share my humble and cheapo DIY project with fellow bros.

Appreciate suggestions if can improve the "setup", make it neater or more presentable.  Hahahaha  [laugh]

attachicon.gifCheaporest Car Audio System Upgrade.jpg

interesting work done for your car.

so with this done, does your CD changer still work?  Or it wasn't linked to any changer at all from the start?

interesting work done for your car.

so with this done, does your CD changer still work? Or it wasn't linked to any changer at all from the start?

Good question. I actually do not use the CD changer as nowadays streaming music from gadgets is much more convenient.

After I try I will update here.

Previously the CD changer was functioning. There is a empty 6-8 socket at the soffit of the CD changer which I connect the aux adopter.

It would have been better to spend just under $200 for a proper headunit that has bluetooth, usb and aux. While you can save about 150 dollars going this route, this isn't really an upgrade. 

It would have been better to spend just under $200 for a proper headunit that has bluetooth, usb and aux. While you can save about 150 dollars going this route, this isn't really an upgrade.

Hahaha for me this is really all I need base on my usage from my previous car. The only thing I ever use is the radio and aux input (from handphones), not even bluetooth. Plus now I can switch 3 aux sources.

And I do not wanna lose the huge compartment in place of a head unit,got a lot of stuff inside.

• Praise 2

Taobao has some ciggy plug which has USB input and output via lalio.

For my 1st 2 cars which has cassette tape, i only need to buy belkin ciggy adaptor to listen to ipod classic.

• Praise 1

Hahaha for me this is really all I need base on my usage from my previous car. The only thing I ever use is the radio and aux input (from handphones), not even bluetooth. Plus now I can switch 3 aux sources.

And I do not wanna lose the huge compartment in place of a head unit,got a lot of stuff inside.

Hmm what kind of stock headunit are you using? It's not a single din?

Its built-in type, come with the car. If change very troublesome. For me this is the easiest route and still preserve my huge compartment below the audio system

Update:

Bought a DAP and bluetooth receiver/transmitter all certified Hi-Res Wireless Audio.

The bluetooth device expanded the flexibilty of car audio system. The DAP which has bluetooth, coaxial, LO, PO, etc connectivity, is mobile and I can use it in the car and at home, or any place which can receive stream of music be it wired or wireless.

Now looking for a suitable audiophile app to further enhance the sound quality.

I tried Neutron Player on my mobile, a lot of difference.