First all-female S’pore car wash to open in Yishun on August

StreetFight3r

Royce, one of the co-owners of the establishment told Mothership that he had “never experienced” an all-female car wash before.

He stated that the reason for using female washers is to “create a fun and unique washing experience which we cannot achieve the same results with males (sic)”.

That curiosity, mixed with the inevitable “first-mover” advantage, spurred him to set up such a company.

Opening on August 9 with a promotion It will open on August 9, 2019, with a promotion to boot. And while one might think it’s a pop-up stall type of scenario, disappearing behind a wall of foam after the last fireworks go off, Royce has big plans for the venture.

Invariably, issues of sexism might rise, with some questioning whether the women will be used as sexualised props instead of being seen as actual employees. This is a claim spurred on by the negative associations with the previous bikini carwash in Singapore. Royce, however, was quite adamant that this is a whole different ball game.

When we broached the subject of the possibility of girls in bikinis, Royce quickly shut down the idea that his staff would be in swimwear. “Mrscarwash is a legitimate and a non shady female carwash business. Hence, our girls will be wearing personalised crop tops with shorts and flip flops.”

“I do not intend to exploit any females to dress in a revealing or skimpily manner and it’s going to be just another job for them,” he added.

He also reiterated that it will be “just another car wash business”.

“Frankly speaking, I choose to believe that concerns of sexism may float up from the general public but i strongly believe that with proper honest working ethics, even if it involves fully female washers, it’ll be just another car wash business where customers get their car cleaned up.”

The car wash will open their doors on August 9, 2019.

post-141090-0-68631500-1564991972_thumb.jpg

post-141090-0-78322800-1564991986_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

For those who are staying at the North, you guys are in luck!

post-141068-0-30829600-1564993363_thumb.png

post-141068-0-61505600-1564993362.png

Credits: https://mothership.sg/2019/08/yishun-carwash-all-female/

Here is the logo for Mrs Carwash, which according to the co-founder, is Singapore’s very first all-female car wash.

67232099_302269090555488_518557158564954

And that is a deliberate choice.

“Fun and unique washing experience”

Royce, one of the co-owners of the establishment told Mothership that he had “never experienced” an all-female car wash before.

He stated that the reason for using female washers is to “create a fun and unique washing experience which we cannot achieve the same results with males (sic)”.

That curiosity, mixed with the inevitable “first-mover” advantage, spurred him to set up such a company.

or those curious about what exactly the sizes represent, here they are.

– Small cars are hatchback cars
– Medium cars are sedans/SUVs
– Large cars are luxury sedans
– They also have an option for vans and MPVs

They are also using Chemical Guys, a well-known American automotive detailing product.

Sexism

And while one might think it’s a pop-up stall type of scenario, disappearing behind a wall of foam after the last fireworks go off, Royce has big plans for the venture.

Invariably, issues of sexism might rise, with some questioning whether the women will be used as sexualised props instead of being seen as actual employees.

This is a claim spurred on by the negative associations with the previous bikini carwash in Singapore.

Royce, however, was quite adamant that this is a whole different ball game.

When we broached the subject of the possibility of girls in bikinis, Royce quickly shut down the idea that his staff would be in swimwear.

“Mrscarwash is a legitimate and a non shady female carwash business. Hence, our girls will be wearing personalised crop tops with shorts and flip flops.”

Perhaps something like this.

photo_2019-08-05_10-43-39.jpg

“I do not intend to exploit any females to dress in a revealing or skimpily manner and it’s going to be just another job for them,” he added.

He also reiterated that it will be “just another car wash business”.

“Frankly speaking, I choose to believe that concerns of sexism may float up from the general public but i strongly believe that with proper honest working ethics, even if it involves fully female washers, it’ll be just another car wash business where customers get their car cleaned up.”

The car wash will open their doors on August 9, 2019.

Here's thier Facebook just in case you want to follow. (:

https://www.facebook.com/mrscarwash/

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

wah....can pump

sinopec petrol after washing car

顺路顺路

:D 

• Praise 2

I am going to try my own Mrs Carwash at home.

IF I can convince my missus to do it. In bikini or in pajamas doesn't matter.   [laugh]

I hope you are doing it in your garage instead of your home.

Are these girls underaged? Why the blurred out mosaic faces? [laugh]

Edited by Watwheels

haha. I copy from mothership only. I think personal data issues.

I hope you are doing it in your garage instead of your home.

Are these girls underaged? Why the blurred out mosaic faces? [laugh]

So what happens after the car wash?

All the "Mr" will each collect money from you and say, "see what, see?!". [laugh]

mlmlwml

Edited by Watwheels

Supercharged

So expensive for a car wash. If nothing much to see then go for what? Might as well wash at petrol station. If want to save even more money, wash the car yourself.

This morning at Esso, car wash $9, if want vacuum add $5, if want simi water wax add $3. total $17. 

Lucky i dont stay Yishun, save some money  [laugh]

• Praise 7

"He stated that the reason for using female washers is to “create a fun and unique washing experience which we cannot achieve the same results with males (sic)”."

Curious to find out, how fun & unique can a car washing experience be? 

And what kind of results can they achieve that males can't? 
[:p]

Females have periods whereas males dun?

"He stated that the reason for using female washers is to “create a fun and unique washing experience which we cannot achieve the same results with males (sic)”."

Curious to find out, how fun & unique can a car washing experience be? 

And what kind of results can they achieve that males can't? 
[:p]

This kind of business is sexist.  Just because all women so charge at $19 ?  Do they have the strength to wash and dry cars the whole day boh ?

KNN, later all rush there, tio an army of all PRC lao auntie queue up to welcome you then know.....

PRC lao auntie also is all female hor!!!  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 4