Experience with portable car vacuum cleaner

Idle

Neutral Newbie

hi,

What's your experience with your car vacuum cleaner?

pls indicate your brand and model.

thanks.

↡ Advertisement

The best chioce is still the domestic type.

However, if you still want a portable type, get the 'Car Vac PLUS' from Black & Deckerthumbsup.gif. It's better than most portable type around wink.gif

Neutral Newbie

would prefer to use the domestic type too

but i am staying in hdb, so got no access to powerpoint for the vacuum cleaner.

I use to go to the car wash at Guillemard, that includes vacuuming.

There's a couple of model from Black & Decker, make sure you get the 'Car Vac PLUS' as it's more powerful thumbsup.gif Have been using the same one since 91 thumbsup.gif

me using the black and decker one also, quite good leh, powderful! redeemed from BP... also comes with different detacheable heads to for different purposes...

hi,

thanks.

Been using Black and Decker for >5years already...still going strong. [thumbsup] This is the 12V type that you've to plug into the cigarette lighter jack one. Quite power, but still lose to the one that we use at home. So if possible, try to look for a place with an accessible 3-pin AC wall socket, and plug in your household vacuum cleaner...best solution [thumbsup][thumbsup]

BTW, I've tried those portable ones with rechargeable battery...no power lar...try to avoid this type. [:(]

hi,

thanks.

I got one.. which has a power point that uses the cigarette lighter point.... it's not too bad for using it on a car... don't think can suck 5 cents coin.. but sand and other foreign body should be ok.... [:)]

Sorry... dunno what brand.... given to me from a friend.

Hi!

I have tried the Moulinex's range of products. they are quite good and powerful and they handle water botches also! Don't really like the 12v appliance and I heard that it can drain the car battery, anyone to confirm on this?

Neutral Newbie

The lucky (and wealthier) among us get to use the home-based vacuum cleaners, which by far, would be the best. However, peasants like myself have to resort to the black, corded B&D CarVac Plus that uses the ciggie lighter or boot power socket and it works far better than those rechargeable ones. For @29.90 from Home Fix (or $49.90 if you'd rather the even stronger white coloured CarVac2 Plus), it's very much a steal, IMHO.

Drawback is I can't use it for cleaning my desk..... [:|]

please don't get me wrong. the range i meant are the portable, ni-cd batt powered vacum cleaners. They are definitely not as good as the home use ones but they really do such up water botches! furthermore, you can redeem it at shell escape, if you top up your fuel with them! Hope this helps, especially on the zero cost vac!

Me also redeemed mine from BP, same model. Got to scrub quite hard to get the dirt to come out. As for the rechargable type, my experience is that it's not powerful enough, and there's insufficient power to last 1 vacuum session.

me using the black and decker one also, quite good leh, powderful! redeemed from BP... also comes with different detacheable heads to for different purposes...

Technically speaking it's illegal as you are "stealing" power, just like tapping water from the water points using an adaptor.

Btw the round pins type are 15A unfused.

The lucky (and wealthier) among us get to use the home-based vacuum cleaners, which by far, would be the best. However, peasants like myself have to resort to the black, corded B&D CarVac Plus that uses the ciggie lighter or boot power socket and it works far better than those rechargeable ones. For @29.90 from Home Fix (or $49.90 if you'd rather the even stronger white coloured CarVac2 Plus), it's very much a steal, IMHO.

Drawback is I can't use it for cleaning my desk..... unimpressed.gif

Clean your desk ? shocked.gif Your desk that dirty meh ? rolleyes.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

↡ Advertisement