2nd hand Supersprint Exhaust

Jhoo

Neutral Newbie

I seriously thinking of fixing a 2nd hand supersprint (LTA approved), only reason its CHEAPER than new!
Is it advisable?

(Somehow, I also feel like changing my nick to "Cheapo" unsure.gif )

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I also bought my Supersprint 2nd hand at less than half the price of a new one for my Mondeo. Got it fixed by Jeep Chee but have to pay about $200 for both installation and transfer fee. No problems whatsoever.

Neutral Newbie

May be doing that at Jeep Chee also, $200 for installation + transfer. [sweatdrop]

Any reasons why so much, I tot application to LTA for transfer only $60+?

Neutral Newbie

Mods? [confused] No la, simple upgarding only [:p]

I'm now stuck comfortably with a 1.8A SEAT toledo (VERY 100% stock)

Wish List as follows:

1) 18"s - ordered, akan datang

2) Lowering - Sach set done

3) SS - this SAT

4) K&N dropin - sourcing

5) HID - still bidding

6) Brakes - still waiting

7) Strut bar - no lobang(new too ex)

8) Sound proofing - intend to DIY during CNY period!

9) Interior neon - intend to hav some fun DIY wif some young MCFers [laugh]

10) Mondeo 2.5 V6 - hopefully sponsored by S pools.

Neutral Newbie

Just installed the SS, still trying to get used to the "Humming". I personally find it quite loud. Probably my stock was too quiet! [laugh] How do you feel about the sound? My air intake is still stock, do you think breathing better will help(K&N)to reduce the sound?

The tune was fanstastic when starting the engine, but finds it noisy when crusing at 3000rpm. Wifey & kids are already complaining they felt [dizzy]

What to do? [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Wahz uncle jhoo.... wat you mean

9) Interior neon - intend to hav some fun DIY wif some young MCFers

- Makes you sound so old....

Its supposed to be

9) Interior neon - intend to DIY together with young MCFers like myself [pirate][thumbsup][nod]

Neutral Newbie

Er..Hmm.. Shall I highlight my hair to orange to match the neon? [laugh]

Will be checking the serangoon garden shop [thumbsup] Done yrs oredi?

Probably will save the time for DIY the sound proof instead! save more money than neon.

Neutral Newbie

Dear Jhoo,

You might experience a loss in low-end torque after fitting the Supersprint. If so, try get an air intake device like the E68 to regain it.

The K&N drop-in will improve the throttle but probably not the noise level. You can buy it on Ebay.

Neutral Newbie

Ya, I would expect & learn to appreciate the sweet low bassy humming from a aftermarket exhaust. On previous occasions, i have heard the reving the engines on stationary rides and thus decided to have one for myself when I'm offered the chance. I have never drove in one before & didn't know what to expect while inside the car? [:p] I'm still a noob in aftermarket parts, and was wondering whether soundproofing at the bbot area and floor plan would help?

hiya,

i know you can get teh K@N at Stamford, i think mcwell has them too! Same as Bora.

I didn;t know it could be so noisy, even at cruising?

[shocked]

Neutral Newbie

Got the bass, going for the growl, still need a piggy to attain the real performance. Need the $, contemplating buying ear plugs for the passengers instead of sound proofing [laugh] . The owner whom you know may be letting go his piggy....but cant afford his asking price!

Neutral Newbie

Wifey said it sounded like the punctured exhaust I had on my previous ride, very bassy and confrim free flow [laugh] Say I crazy, spending $ for a broken exhaust! [:|] What does she knows? its probably the age [lipsrsealed]

Told her I want to get 2nd WRX for my next ride, she [dead]

↡ Advertisement