Jump to content

StreetFight3r

Member
  • points

    2,367
  • Content count

    377
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2,367 5th Gear

About StreetFight3r

  • Rank
    5th Gear

Recent Profile Visitors

5,854 profile views
  1. StreetFight3r

    Zika is back 2019

    SINGAPORE — The first Zika cluster in Singapore this year has been detected, after three cases of locally transmitted Zika virus infection have been confirmed near Serangoon Gardens, the National Environment Agency (NEA) said on Friday (13 September). All three cases are residents in the Hemsley Avenue vicinity. The Zika cluster was notified on Friday. Residents and stakeholders are urged to maintain vigilance and continue to eliminate mosquito breeding habitats, as there could still be asymptomatic or mild, undiagnosed cases which might result in further transmission of the virus if there are mosquitoes in the area. The Zika cluster is in close proximity to an 8-case dengue cluster at Bridport Ave / Cowdray Ave / Huddington Ave / Portchester Ave / Tavistock Ave, which was notified on 20 August. The NEA has commenced vector control operations in the area since the dengue cluster was notified. As of Friday, five breeding habitats in the dengue cluster area – comprising one in a home and four in common areas/other premises – have been detected and destroyed. Indoor spraying of insecticides and outdoor misting have been carried out at the premises. Thermal fogging will be carried out in the outdoor areas to eradicate any adult mosquitoes. NEA officers and community leaders will conduct outreach in the vicinity to distribute Zika information leaflets and insect repellents to households to raise general awareness of Zika, and advise on the steps to prevent mosquito breeding. The last reported Zika case in Singapore was early last year, when a patient was infected with the virus.
  2. Wearnes Automotive, a leading distributor and retailer of premium cars in South East Asia, has announced that the company will be the exclusive partner of Koenigsegg, Pininfarina and Rimac. These brands will be part of the Prestige Division which recently added Alpine and Lotus to its stable of brands that include Aston Martin and Bentley. The company will be able to sell Koenigsegg, Pininfarina and Rimac hypercars across Asia. "These three new brands will add to the portfolio in our Prestige Division. Coupled with our expertise and experience in the ultra-luxury segment, we are confident of further strengthening our position in this segment." says Mr. Andre Roy, Chief Executive Officer. To help high-end car collectors enhance, preserve and protect their investments, Wearnes Automotive has also embarked on building a state-of-the-art, climate-controlled bonded car storage facility in Singapore. This will allow luxury car collectors to store their rare, limited edition and classic cars in an exclusive and secure environment.
  3. current standing...
  4. celebrate like we won the World Cup!!!
  5. SINGAPORE - Tatsuma Yoshida's Lions survived a nervy end to score a 2-1 upset of Palestine in their World Cup qualifying match at the Jalan Besar Stadium on Tuesday (Sept 10). The result against the Palestinians, who are 60 places higher in Fifa's world rankings, sent Singapore to the top of Group D. Singapore had opened their campaign with a 2-2 draw with Yemen a week earlier. As in the draw with Yemen, the Lions started the game at breakneck speed, and scored in the fourth minute after left wing-back Shakir Hamzah was quickest to a loose ball on the edge of the Palestine penalty box, and fired past Rami Hamada for the opening goal. But the visitors, who had beaten Uzbekistan 2-0 last week in Ramallah, equalised in the 14th minute through Yaser Hamed, who finished from close range after the ball bobbled fortuitously for him in the penalty box. Singapore defender Safuwan Baharudin, however, restored the Republic's lead six minutes before half-time, rising highest at a corner kick to power a header home. With the game finely balanced, both sets of players squared off in melees in the dying moments of the match, but the Lions, roared on by 6,011 fans, kept their cool to see out the game and secure an excellent result. Yemen host Saudi Arabia at midnight (Singapore time) in Riffa, in Group D's other match tonight.
  6. KOTA KINABALU: Malaysian police said on Thursday (Sep 6) they are investigating the death of a 36-year-old commando officer who was shot in a live-firing demonstration at Lok Kawi Camp in Sabah on Wednesday. Major Mohd Zahir Armaya was then rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Kota Kinabalu, where he later died. Inspector-General of Police Abdul Hamid Bador said a probe will be carried out to identify the cause of the incident. “I am confident there is an SOP (standard operating procedure) and it may not be overlooked," he told reporters. "The demonstration was well organised but the accident still occurred.” He added: “The Sabah Police Commissioner will release a statement soon (on the development of the case).” Abdul Hamid also asked the public to refrain from posting any offensive comments online. TERRORIST ROLE-PLAY The exercise - held in conjunction with the launch of the Fifth Division Infantry and the 13th Infantry Brigade - involved a clash between a group of "terrorists" and the armed forces. All the participants wore bullet-proof vests. Major Mohd Zahir, who played the role of the terrorist leader, had fired a pistol at an army officer, causing him to fall on his knees in pain. The officer then stood up and fired his pistol at Mohd Zahir, who had a red bottle target on the back of his bullet vest. The shot caused Mohd Zahir to fall and two army personnel then pulled him to the side of the parade field. He appeared unconscious and was believed to have sustained serious injuries. An army medical team at the ceremony gave him first aid before sending him to hospital, where he was pronounced dead at about 9.20am. "WE WERE VERY CLOSE" On Wednesday, more than 1,000 people, including friends, family members and officials paid their last respects to Mohd Zahir at the Wardieburn Camp mosque in Kuala Lumpur. The late major's body was then buried at the Tambun Muslim Cemetery in Ipoh. He was survived by a widow and five children, aged between five months and nine years old. Mohd Zahir's father, veteran actor and comedian A R Badul, received the news of the incident from his daughter-in-law. “I received the news this morning and was shocked and sad. But I take it as a test from Allah," he told Bernama. “We were very close and he had contacted and met me before. I was told that the bullet went a little further than the bullet-proof plaque and hit his body.” Mirdat Mohamad, who is Mohd Zahir's uncle, said the family wishes for a thorough investigation to find the exact cause of the incident. "We wish for him to have a fair investigation, a fair trial and a proper closure. If this was negligence, hopefully it would not happen again in the future," said the 54-year-old. “We will leave it to the police and army." King Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah and his consort Azizah Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah expressed their sympathies and sadness to Mohd Zahir's family. Condolences also poured in from other Malaysian leaders, including the communications minister, the chief of army and Sabah's chief minister.
  7. StreetFight3r

    The SIAN has arrived!?!?

    The Sián has arrived: the first supercapacitor-based hybrid V12 by Automobili Lamborghini. Power, beauty and the iconic Lamborghini V12 engine are coupled with an electric boost to create an unrivaled gem of engineering and technology characterized by genuine Lamborghini DNA. Sián, thunderbolt in Bologna’s dialect, a name that underscores various aspects of the car. Its speed, which goes beyond 350 km/h, its impetuous beauty, the close ties with the Bologna area, and its explosive arrival in the world of super sports cars. Siannnnnnnnnnnnnn...... Waddddd a name.... Sidetrack,love the ease of uploadin images now!!! Mods pls lock thread if repeated cuz cant search
  8. StreetFight3r

    Widow of cabby killed in Ferrari crash scammed of 280K

    Money all gone for good
  9. StreetFight3r

    Widow of cabby killed in Ferrari crash scammed of 280K

    Donated $800 to them..personally brought it down to the wake..collected the baijin from colleagues.. Pitied the wife as she had young kids to care for.. Now we know actually its not exactly a good idea to donate money in such a high profile case..on hindsight should have set up a trust fund for the kids education instead..
  10. A widow who lost $280,000 after handing the money to an acquaintance to make a Chinese property investment has lost her legal bid to get it back. Madam Lim Choo Eng's husband died in 2012 when a Ferrari crashed into his taxi and she used some of the money she got after his death to invest in a plot of land in China, giving it to Madam Koh Siew Eng - including a $50,000 deposit within four days of meeting her. When she realised she had been tricked, she tried to sue Madam Koh for a refund - but Madam Koh contended that she was just a "mouthpiece" facilitating the transaction and had transferred the money to a third party in China who granted Madam Lim a sub-lease for the plot. In a judgment on Friday (Aug 23), a High Court judge dismissed Madam Lim's case, even though he found she was honest and he believed her testimony more than Madam Koh's. Justice Choo Han Teck said Madam Lim's claim of misrepresentation must fail as she had not pleaded that there was a contract, oral or written, between her and Madam Koh. "Although it seems to me that Lim appeared to have acted in reliance on Koh's representation, and might even have come to an agreement with her, none of that was pleaded and the court cannot write their contract for them," said the judge. Justice Choo will hear arguments on costs at a later date, but said he did not think Madam Lim should have to bear any legal costs for the case. Madam Lim's husband, Mr Cheng Teck Hock, died aged 52 after a speeding Ferrari crashed into his taxi at the junction of Rochor Road and Victoria Street. The Ferrari's driver, Chinese national Ma Chi, also died in the accident. Mr Ma's insurers offered advance payouts for third-party claims while public donations poured in for Mr Cheng's family. In 2014, Madam Lim decided to invest some money through Madam Koh. The two women became acquainted through their respective sons, who were friends. Madam Lim said Madam Koh claimed to be a successful investor and offered her a joint investment opportunity to buy land in China which was to be redeveloped and sold for a profit. Between March and August 2014, Madam Lim transferred more than $280,000 to Madam Koh and Madam Koh's sister. In August 2014, Madam Lim and Madam Koh flew to China to meet Mr Lu Jinlin, who was supposed to lease the land from a village committee. He did not show Madam Lim the land because of "bad weather" but she was assured by Mr Lu and Madam Koh that she would get a stake. In March 2015, Mr Lu came to Singapore and signed a document granting Madam Lim a 70-year sub-lease for part of the land. Madam Lim did not get any more information about the deal and said it was only in 2017 that she realised Madam Koh did not invest in the land. Madam Koh said Madam Lim was always aware that she was only an agent; she denied having made claims about a joint investment. She said the money was transferred to Mr Lu and his family between April 2014 and October 2016. Madam Lim's lawyer, Mr Renganathan Shankar, argued that Madam Koh had orchestrated the entire scheme as she was aware of Madam Lim's finances due to the publicity surrounding her husband's death. He argued that Madam Lim was entitled to rescind the contract or to damages. But Justice Choo said Madam Koh was not a party to the sub-lease, a contract between Madam Lim and Mr Lu. The judge added that the sub-lease was "highly suspect". Unfortunately, the authenticity of the document was not challenged, nor did Madam Lim check with the land owners as to whether her sub-lease was recognised.
  11. Long distance relationships these days have been made more convenient thanks to air travel For one Kuala Lumpur native however, choosing to abandon flying favour of an even longer journey that involved driving across the globe to Europe in the name of love is the way to go. Engku Mohammad Hadri Engku Hassan began his journey on Monday, to drive across 25 countries including China, Mongolia, Latvia, Russia before reaching Germany where his fiancée is from. Hadri arrived on the Thai border earlier this morning, updating followers via Instagram that his journey so far has been smooth sailing. Malaysian man travels more than 25,000km by car to Germany to marry the love of his life Malay Mail Melanie Chalil Malay Mail21 August 2019 Hadri’s three-month journey on the road will include travelling across 25 countries. — Hadri’s three-month journey on the road will include travelling across 25 countries. Long distance relationships these days have been made more convenient thanks to air travel. For one Kuala Lumpur native however, choosing to abandon flying favour of an even longer journey that involved driving across the globe to Europe in the name of love is the way to go. Engku Mohammad Hadri Engku Hassan began his journey on Monday, to drive across 25 countries including China, Mongolia, Latvia, Russia before reaching Germany where his fiancée is from. Hadri arrived on the Thai border earlier this morning, updating followers via Instagram that his journey so far has been smooth sailing. Hadri’s friend and fellow car enthusiast Lim Wai Hong, wrote on his motoring Facebook page Hayashi86.com that the 34-year-old met his future wife in Germany back in 2007. The two were acquainted prior to that via the Internet and that the language barrier was never an issue. Two years later, Hadri flew back to Germany to see her and confessed his love for her with a stalk of rose and a letter. They have been together ever since and Hadri popped the question a few years later. “He wants to show his fiancée he is doing this for her and it’s how much he’s willing to sacrifice — it’s a beautiful story,” Lim told Malay Mail when contacted. On behalf of his friend, Lim added that Hadri’s father helped his son to plan the driving routes and calculate the petrol consumption and mileage required to complete the journey. The trip, christened The Retro Havoc Motorsport World Tour will also be promoting Visit Malaysia Year 2020 (VM2020) at each destination during the expedition’s 98-day journey. can follow his instagram here https://www.instagram.com/ae86worldtour/
  12. Nearly a decade after Goal 2010, the ambitious plan to qualify Singapore's national football team for the Fifa World Cup, the Football Association of Singapore (FAS) is reviving its hopes of competing in the world's biggest football tournament in 2034. Speaking exclusively to The Straits Times on Saturday, FAS vice-president Edwin Tong said that it was a "realistic" goal for the Lions to achieve in 15 years' time. "We've always wanted to be somewhere on the world stage, so we need to start," said Mr Tong, the Senior Minister of State for Health and Law. "2034 is 15 years away...so you're looking at boys today who are maybe eight, nine to 14, 15 and if you can cultivate the programme that has that endgame in mind, it will do us a lot of good." The FAS' goal for the Lions to play in the 2034 World Cup will inevitably draw comparisons with Goal 2010, which flopped over a decade after it was first mooted in 1998. Sceptics will also point to Singapore football's slump in recent years, which saw the Lions' Fifa ranking dipping to an all-time low of 173 in October 2017 after a winless run of over 11 months. Singapore are currently ranked 162nd. But Mr Tong remains unfazed, saying: "If we're worried about trying to set up a goal and failing, we'll never get there. So we have to be realistic about our prospects; we're not aiming for the next 10 years, but set ourselves a 15-year horizon." He also pointed to the expanded 48-team format for the 2026 World Cup and beyond, which will see the number of Asian places increased by the current 41/2 to eight. He added: "There are a bit more opportunities...The obvious powerhouses, Korea, Japan, Australia, maybe some of the Middle Eastern countries, Saudi Arabia and Iran, the next tier you have Uzbekistan, Central Asians, and of course South-east Asians." "We can look at that as a goal. So it's not unrealistic, but it's also not easy," added Mr Tong, who was speaking at the unveiling of Singapore's first "Friendly Street" at Jalan Bintang Tiga by the Singapore Kindness Movement. Goal 2034 would be used to "focus and shape everything" that the FAS and its stakeholders do and he stressed that grassroots football, youth development, infrastructure and schools would be key to achieving success in 15 years' time. The FAS is currently engaging its stakeholders and refining its proposal, he added. In November 2017, the FAS unveiled its three-point plan for youth development aimed at widening the base of players, improving the quality of coaches and increasing opportunities for youth to play football. The national sports association said then that it hoped to reap the benefits in five to 10 years' time and that the ultimate aim was to develop talented young players to compete in a professional league and eventually the national team. However, Mr Tong said on Saturday that this was "not enough". He added: "We need to have key pillars, we start with grassroots and schools, we must align the way in which kids play football in schools and then we must have the support of facilities for training and matches. "Inevitably we have to work out what to do with National Service (NS), how we can align NS, which is important, with the needs of football." He suggested a "relook" into former club models such as the Singapore Armed Forces Sports Associations (Safsa) and Home United, which allowed full-time National Servicemen to train and play competitive matches. While qualifying Singapore for the 2034 World Cup may seem like a lofty goal, Mr Tong said it would "mean a lot to Singaporeans and sports fans" to see the Lions on the world's biggest football stage. He added: "It will give the country a lift and it is a goal that we want to be realistic about. It's not easy, but if you don't try, you'll never get anywhere. So we set ourselves a target, we try to lift everyone and push everyone behind it."
  13. StreetFight3r

    Free entry to Jurong Bird Park Sept. 6-15, 2019

    Yea..wud rather it be either totally free or at a much lowered flat fee instead of saying free but with all the plus plus plus..
  14. public announcement service From September 6-15, 2019, Singaporeans, Permanent Residents, and Employment Pass holders will be able to enter park for free. The period falls on the September school holidays. Tickets are usually S$25.50 for adults and S$17 for children. Out of the 15 exhibits, however, five will be gated. Visitors can pay S$2 to visit each individual exhibit. All three shows will require a fee of S$4 per area. Coupons in sets of S$10 can be purchased on site. A bit confused with the pricing thou....... free entry, why not just make it fully free?
×