VW Polo GTI

Duckduck

i know VW launched lah...... just that C&C not launched it here, they only brought in the 1.4L, and didn't bring in the 100bhp 1.4L either. [:/][:p]

Neutral Newbie

actually y VW even bother? tune a bit oni call it GTi... IMO they shldnt be so generous in dispensing such a title to a slightly souped up version of the Polo... [rolleyes]

dun say, i wonder whether they will bring in the new golf R32... great car BUT i find VW cheapskate for using the exact same body as the normal golf... they shld at least have flared the arches to make it look phunky badass - which is exactly wat a 3.2litre HATCHBACK + 4WD should be!! - look at the CLIO V6 255 and the 147gta! Only those who are not in the know will think these hatchbacks are 1.6l..... [rolleyes][sly][;)]

oni change the front grille, rear bumper & 18" rims on the R32... wat a joke... [thumbsdown] im sure the Golf R32 deserves much better than this type of "mild" changes -

06-r32-f-st.jpg

alfaromeo_147gta2003_aj_21.jpg

Renault-ClioV6-2003-5953.jpg

err.. it all depends lah.. i like the sleeper look alot.. so do most pple who buy golf gtis, bmw M cars or AMG Mercs..

if u want loud look so that everyone can see you, buy integra or silvia ln put gt wing lor.. [:p]

100bhp 1.4L get Aveo or March lah. Already 94 and 98bhp respectively laugh.gif. 1.5L iDSI only 88bhp but is good in the low end torque department.

is it using the old turbo charged 1.8L engine used in Mk4 Golf?

maybe should wait longer and maybe vw will throw in the new 1.4L TSI engine found in Golf GT... 8-)

i think the 147 gta is abit obvious. the rear end is so distinct. the biggest giveaway is the 2 doors part. wat is harder to tell is the 156gta. tat looks exactly the same as the 2l 156. i for one, prefer the 156gta for the sleeper part.

I would not bother with the cosmetics. What's impt, if u wanna true differentiation other than power, is whether any of the aforementioned cars have a different (strengthened) chassis makeup than their respective lesser brother?

Yes, it seems like the "old" 1.8T engine, but old also mean well proven and lots of mods. thumbsup.gif

It could be attractive to certain groups of people, like the Japs (according to the given link), although i dunno why the Japs will be bothered by this sub-7 sec 150hp (only) hatch, any insight from anyone? hur.gif

The Polo GTI is highly anticipated by the Japanese Volkswagen dealers. Then entire series is extremely successful from Tokyo and Osaka. This holds true for the entire Volkswagen brand. Models such as the New Beetle and Golf GTI enjoy cult status. With the