VW Polo GTI

Duckduck

Neutral Newbie

this is cool exciting man.... [thumbsup]

I assume is the same size as the new polo..... and most importantly, as mentioned by some, will it hit our shore.

Neutral Newbie

nice pocket rocket...

if they have a 5dr model, it'll be quite popular.

yes yes.... 5dr model will be very interesting and popular, along the current New Polo on the road and many waiting for their new ride :D

Any1 know or can guess the selling price in SG, that is if it will come to SG ? Intertesting to compare it with the current price of Jetta 1.4 TSI or the 1.4 TSI Sport, infact compare with the hearsay New Jetta coming towards end of the year ;)

Wanna start a new thread for this can't due to my low post count, but this Cross Polo also caught my eye.... Somewhere mentioned to complete the New Polo Series. Infact from the pic, I like it alot.....

It mentioned" With its refreshingly cheeky design, unique world of colours and features, and a higher ride height (15 millimetre gain), the five-door is very appealing as one of the most unconventional vehicles in its class."

http://www.netcarshow.com/volkswagen/2011-crosspolo/

As the usual questions, not sure if it will come to our shore and the price....

Neutral Newbie

got Polo GTI meh? thot C&C only brought in the 1.4L one..... not even the Polo Sport

First of all, C&C only sell Mitsubishi and KIA, they dun sell VW.

Secondly, VCS will only bring in around 6 to 9 months after the official launch, becos Singapore is a small country and the order is too pathetic.

Neutral Newbie

100bhp 1.4L get Aveo or March lah. Already 94 and 98bhp respectively . 1.5L iDSI only 88bhp but is good in the low end torque department.

Sad to say none of the cars you mentioned can do a 6.9s from 0-100km with a 1.2 ton body. That's the difference with a VW cars.

(edited)

Secondly, VCS will only bring in around 6 to 9 months after the official launch, becos Singapore is a small country and the order is too pathetic.

Brother you dig out an old thread. C&C here, i believe is Car&Car the previous agent for VW.

Edited by Archon

Turbocharged

bro, see his post date.....2005 C&C still sell VW...

Someone digged out an old thread.

Probably need accumulate the nos b4 he can post mah!

anyway looks like the Polo GTI will be at least $100K if it ever land on our shores...

Turbocharged

Probably need accumulate the nos b4 he can post mah!

anyway looks like the Polo GTI will be at least $100K if it ever land on our shores...

If that's the price it might undercut sirocco's sells. I suspect it's slightly more exp.

The sirocco's too bulky for my liking, the polo GTI looks more nimble.

Some videos of the Golf GTI's baby brother in action.

1)

2)

Official European launch in May 2010, prices to start from 24K Euros.

I went to ask a VW SE. He don't even know if Polo GTI will be coming in. Anyway, Polo is too cramped for me. If the price is really $100k, I rather get a Golf or Scirocco which is more spacious and already quite fast for city driving.

Neutral Newbie

I drove this one and I dont like that here at Europe Polo doesnt have xenon and when u take golf gti's price on paper and polo's there is no big difference about it, golf has 2.0 TFSI that has much more tuning potential...

Neutral Newbie

Hi anyone has a gd vw mechanic to recommend? I drive a three year old golf r32. Seems to have problems with m front axle that has a thud noise whenever cornering over humps. Also remote key cannot unlock certain doors