Birds' poo damaged paint.. Help!

Specgt

Neutral Newbie

Hi all detailing gurus,

just came back from an overseas trip, and my car was left in the open air carpark for 4 days. Upon returning, saw that there was some dried birds' poo on the bonnet... Used water to remove them, and to my dismay, found that the paint was damaged!! There's a mark on the paint, surface of the paint has sort of pop up, when I run my fingers across it, can feel some irregularities... [shakehead] Have tried using AG SRP, and also ScratchX on them, but aside from making the marks shinier, they does not do anything much... [:/]

Can anyone here give me some suggestions as to how to remove the marks and make the surface smooth again? Please help! Thanks!!

↡ Advertisement

Sorry to steal your thread. I was in Ta Mah (JB) last night for dinner and was looking for car park. Then I saw one sui sui spot nobody take so I quickly zoom in.

After my dinner, I realized that I made a mistake as my car was covered with poo poo. The birds are all siiting on tree on top of my car and laughing.

[furious][furious]

Look up before you park in Ta Mah (JB) !

Neutral Newbie

If you can feel the surface of the paint is uneven after using ScratchX, there's probably not much you can do short of repainting it.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the link... Turns out to be quite helpful... After few rounds of polishing, managed to get the marks to be less obvious... Not able to remove the marks totally though.. I guess will just have to live with it...

Sidetrack a bit, saw your work on some of the forum posts, which look incredible.... Will you be able to assist me in removing the marks?

Hi all detailing gurus,

just came back from an overseas trip, and my car was left in the open air carpark for 4 days. Upon returning, saw that there was some dried birds' poo on the bonnet... Used water to remove them, and to my dismay, found that the paint was damaged!! There's a mark on the paint, surface of the paint has sort of pop up, when I run my fingers across it, can feel some irregularities... shakehead.gif Have tried using AG SRP, and also ScratchX on them, but aside from making the marks shinier, they does not do anything much... unsure.gif

Can anyone here give me some suggestions as to how to remove the marks and make the surface smooth again? Please help! Thanks!!

shocked.gif Didn't know bird droppings are so corrosive...sweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie

You are welcome bro [;)] .

Will you be able to assist me in removing the marks?

You mentioned that the etched marks are less obvious already and if it is not too bad I would suggest just leave it as it is. But if you feel that it can be improved further, you can PM me to arrange for a meetup than we can see how it can be achieved [thumbsup] .

crows' crap are the worst. those tt comes in reddish substance ones. mynah crap with substance also can be bad. liquid ones are ok. but i stress again, crows are the WORST!!! kanna, must clean off IMMEDIATELY. leave under the sun, n u can kiss ur shine good bye...

after u get rid of the poo, use Fusso 12. dried poo comes right off even with water and no stain.

↡ Advertisement