Conti cars

Tea3

Neutral Newbie

Just to start a boh liao topic. A colleague of mine asked whether all cars that don't come from Japan are called european cars? Does that include cars from UK & US or just cars from the Europe Continent? Continental car = european car?

Since I will be a brand new owner of a 2nd hand car, I got some questions to ask:

1) What kind of petrol should I use & from which company? I know there's unleaded but nowadays, they have different kinds of unleaded. Caltex good? What about engine oil? Any recommendation?

2) Should i go collect my car on my own, what should i look out for? It's relatively easy to look for any job not well done in terms of paint job & stuff but i am referring to things like the engine etc. By right, the dealer should make sure that there's new engine oil in the engine, brake fluid etc, right?

3) Someone told me about this SOG (Skoda owner group). Where to look for them? [pirate]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi!

Continental cars incl all cars from continental Europe + UK

but not America.

1. Petrol

Basically all petrol companies are the same; RON 92, 95, 98 &100.

You need to make sure the minimum RON to use asspecified in

the user's manual.

2. Since it is 2nd hand, the car is sold as it is.

Should inspect to see that the car is same as at the time when you

agreed to buy it.

3. Skoda group.

No idea. The other bros can help.

Congrats!

bounce2.gifbounce2.gifbounce2.gif

I think the Skoda owner group is just right here! Now merged under VAG, used to be in Delphi forum. But you will be able to access the private lounge just for Skoda owners once your ownership of a Skoda car is verified.

Hope my info is correct. Any kind soul to confirm this?

Neutral Newbie

With regards to petrol, I just want to comment on RON98 since I pump them. Using butt dyno and getting comments from passengers, I have come to the conclusion that

1. BP98 is the smoothest, gives best mileage and quieter running of the engine (too bad no 5% discount.

2. Synergy 8000 is a notch below that.

3. Then comes Shell 98

4. Caltex Gold (which I find resulted in the coarsest running of my Tody engine)

BUT, Caltex, Shell, Mobil/Esso has 5% discount at BT Timah.

Shell V-Power still the most power though [thumbsup] but burns a hole in the pocket [thumbsdown]

Just to start a boh liao topic. A colleague of mine asked whether all cars that don't come from Japan are called european cars? Does that include cars from UK & US or just cars from the Europe Continent? Continental car = european car?

Since I will be a brand new owner of a 2nd hand car, I got some questions to ask:

1) What kind of petrol should I use & from which company? I know there's unleaded but nowadays, they have different kinds of unleaded. Caltex good? What about engine oil? Any recommendation?

2) Should i go collect my car on my own, what should i look out for? It's relatively easy to look for any job not well done in terms of paint job & stuff but i am referring to things like the engine etc. By right, the dealer should make sure that there's new engine oil in the engine, brake fluid etc, right?

3) Someone told me about this SOG (Skoda owner group). Where to look for them? [pirate]

Hi Tea3,

For Skoda owner group, try to search under "Volkwagen Auto Group [-] - The VW, SEAT, Skoda & Audi Family". Some Skoda owner may be able to help you. Since you are asking this question, I presume you are driving an Skoda. Which model??

Cheers [:)]