BM to bring in Toyota Wish from Thailand?

Shouyi

Hi,

I heard rumours that from next yr onwards, BM will officially bring in the Toyota Wish from Thailand, and the Picnic will be discontinued. Can someone confirm whether this is true ? Thanks!!

Edited by Shouyi
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
I heard rumours ... Can someone confirm the rumour?

Yes... confirmed... it's a rumour laugh.giflaugh.gif

... but cannot confirm to you whether true or not...

Edited by Benhew05

Been hearing this for almost 2 years. I really wish they bring it in. Dealing with PI was really a headache for me.

Btw, so far BM has only confirmed bringing in the Echo (also known as Yaris or Vitz) in 1st Quarter 2006.

[inline "echo large.jpg"]

[inline echo_int_large.jpg]

post-2-1130897598_thumb.jpg

post-2-1130897599_thumb.jpg

Edited by Billy77

What's with the designer or car maker har? [:/]

How come the meters are in the center dashboard AGAIN? [dizzy] He wants total involvement from everyone in the car when only one person is driving? Maybe he can have another steering wheel also.. [laugh]

Overall, the car look nice but I don't really like the long gear stick.. very outdated.

Cheers

i wish too

but i went to BM to ask 2 days back and they told me not true

if it's true they would have made a press release now to hold current wish buyers

Neutral Newbie

the new echo is a really nice car, i have driven it b4,

interior more spacious than VIOS, be surprise that is comparable to ALtis (wide , height).

Pick-up is good for a 1.3L version i tried and FC as usual ,super!, full tank holds 45L and is good for close to 650Km.... better than VIOS.

Top speed i tried on NSHY, 180Km/h till it cuts off. every thing stock... on 14 inch stock tires.

even at 180km/h it feels stable. [thumbsup]

Edited by Mtoh

this rumor quite some time liao... but never come through. The Thai made Wish is a 2l car and has emission problems coming to our shore... maybe a facelifted version might come in...

What's with the designer or car maker har? unsure.gif

How come the meters are in the center dashboard AGAIN? dizzy.gif He wants total involvement from everyone in the car when only one person is driving? Maybe he can have another steering wheel also.. laugh.gif

Yah I hate the centre dashboard also. May be the maker can safe cost base on the design? i.e. they have more common parts for both left and right hand drive cars?

Or maybe they want to make sure there's something to block the real center passenger from flying out of the windscreen [laugh] .

It's kind of funny to drive with nothing in front of you except the steering wheel [:/]

That's why i see quite a lot of people putting guages in front of them. [:)]

But i don't think they can save cost lar coz most of the display are tilted to an angle. Maybe they should adopt your idea and it make more sense [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

i just bought a Wish and it is not true that BM will bring in the WISH.

It is confirmed, otherwise I will not bougt it from this lousy PI.

↡ Advertisement