'Sourish' smell from aircon

Super7

Hi Guys,

Why does car aircon give a sourish smell especially in the morning after parked overnight??? Some say this is due to damped n mouldy parts in the aircon system, is it correct??...... Some advise to turn of the aircon compressor (but leave the blower runnning) say 5 minutes before reaching home so that cold/moist air in the system can be 'dried' up before we part our cars overnight......... i tried it but the sourish smell is still there. It happens with my old car and also 1 month old car. Why???

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

heehee... [idea]

Hmm...Old car like this...new car also like this...should we suspect the owner?

what u did in ur cars? eat, drink and....? [sly]

cheerz...

hehehe....... no lah, the only thing i eat in the car is 'eating snake'.......... wah, you mean your car never has this smell before????..............

Try turning the heater on once in a while so as to clear the dampness that may stay and reside on the filter...this causes the damp odor...smile.gif

Neutral Newbie

no leh....my old sunny and current ride no such smell leh. Or maybe my nose spoilt liao from all those [nosebleed][nosebleed] during school days...

Does the smell comes on a wet or dry morning?

cheerz

the smell comes on regardless the weather is hot or cold, but on cold days, the smell gets stronger.................. hmmmmmm, did you have angpows stuck to your nose ????

Neutral Newbie

I think the smell is coming from the catalytic converter.

Just air the car and cover the smell with air refreshener.

Cheers!

Why does car aircon give a sourish smell especially in the morning after parked overnight??? Some say this is due to damped n mouldy parts in the aircon system, is it correct??...... Some advise to turn of the aircon compressor (but leave the blower runnning) say 5 minutes before reaching home so that cold/moist air in the system can be 'dried' up before we part our cars overnight......... i tried it but the sourish smell is still there. It happens with my old car and also 1 month old car. Why???

Thanks

Hi hi, happened to husbie's car too. he tried the 'off-ing a/c and letting it blow dry' and it seems to work. hmmmm.... maybe it IS the owner? hahaha! Good Morning!

".... maybe it IS the owner?........."

like that ahhh??......... dun tell me the Airtrek feels neglected coz i dun drive it hard enough, so he juz wanna protest and give me this kind of smell?? [:/][:/] ....... i think i muz make a trip to KL and back with the Airtrek as soon as possible.... (good excuse to go KL eat-snake, hehehehe [thumbsup][laugh] )

Neutral Newbie

i hv this smell b4 and solved liao. once a week, i opened up the duct and let the hot air from the afternoon sun dry whatever 'stuff' inside. [nod]

Try turning the heater on once in a while so as to clear the dampness that may stay and reside on the filter...this causes the damp odor...smile.gif

OIC. thanks

(edited)

i put some cheapo air-fresher from JB, but most of the time it is kept in the glovebox leh......???...... maybe i borrow wifey's perfume and spray the interior every morning.... [idea][idea]

MCF KL trip!! good idea [thumbsup][thumbsup] ....... will post this and see how long the queue is....... you wanna have jazzboy to be the lead car ahh??? [nod]

Edited by Super7

MCF KL trip, with your Ass..trek..... then u can only leave 2hrs after we left......OK, then we will arrive KL at the same time [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

or maybe put some aromatheraphy type smell? can ask husbie next time we meet up, he does that. seems to work!

Lead car for drive to KL? cannot lah! 1.3l only how to lead, i think i'll bring up the rear, be the last man better! [laugh]

(edited)

Your jazzboy wanna bring up the rear???..... i am afraid the rest may not agree coz if they do, they'll have Blue_Terror in their rear view mirror all the time, and this may cause them trembling hands and feet, dry-throat, blurred vision, incoherent speeches, heart failure, etc etc.... and our undercovered TP in his T4 will also be buzy keeping an eye on juzzboy and the driver....... we will be VERY scared.........

Edited by Super7
↡ Advertisement