Help on lowering...

Secondhand

I've just visited Philip from Servotronic and enquired abt lowering my Octy... Something interesting he mentioned when doing lowering...

He said "After lowering it's optional to check for wheel alignment"... But most other shops said otherwise... If do lowering, need to check wheel alignment.... So who's telling the correct fact? [confused]

Another thing... Is there other workshop that can do bodykit for Skoda? Servo has limited option for bodykits... Anyone can recommend another place? [wave]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Well, I think you mislead with he's trying to put across to you. Normally, after lowering, it's advice to do a wheel alignment to prevent uneven wear on the rubbers or if the car tend to sway abit left or right while in a straight road. However, it's at owner discretion to do it. Moreover, it will add to the cost on top of the suspension.

So far, what they have is Autostyle Janko bodykit for now as there's not much demand for them. However, AutoVox have the Milotec kit which you can check it out. Again their price is abit on the high side [:/]

There are lots of options to lower the car, such as SACHS, KW, Koni and Bilsteins .... You gotta know what you want ... and it's advisable to do wheel alignment after that, but like what Philip said, it's up to the owner's choice.

As for bodykits, kits that are made to fit the Octy are only the Autostyl and MS Design kits. Anything else and you will have to customise. You can of 'cos go the cheaper (and fiercer) route by customising at our local kit shops or across the causeway [;)]

Take a look at some pics I posted of customised kit for the Octy here...

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/gforum.cgi...t=769524#769524

Yah... But other workshop i asked, they will do the alignment. But philip approach is different... He even say my Octy after lowering no need to alignment cause the offset isn't much... [hur]

[hur] spring also need settling one... [laugh][laugh] Ok... After lowering, i settle the springs then go for alignment... Stamford tyres can do alignment rite? [nod]

[wave] Any merchants out there can do Skoda bodykit? [wave]

yours springs needs to get used to the car weight etc, eventually shape will be 'depressed' slightly further once accustomed to the weight~

Edited by Beachboys

Neutral Newbie

Hey I am considering lowering my car too.. have changed to Sach shocks and very bouncy which I think our stock spring is too high for the shocks. unimpressed.gif

Now considering an offer from Fluffy for the Eibach lowered spring thumbsup.gif

[wave] Hello... Same issue again on lowering... But this time something else cropped up...

Anyone driving a lowered Octy? Just wanna ask... Does ur wheel rub against the fender? [confused] I'm on 205/50 R16. Will it affect anything once lowered? Currently, there's an 8cm gap between fender and wheel... So how low should I go if I don't want wheel to rubba rubba against fender... [:p][:p][wave]

↡ Advertisement