Overhaul Engine

Qpik

Supercharged

Juz checking...What constitute one and whether anyone had theirs done before?

Is it recommended for COE car or what kind of car?

Please share the details so I can pass the info to my friend. Thanks for your explanations.

↡ Advertisement

now hardly anyone overhaul engine liaoz. get a recon crankcase is cheaper. overhaul means remove entire block, remove gasket. port and polish. fix new gasket and realign piston (tricky stuff).

if really overhaul hor, you must pose like those old pix fr western countries when the hunter make a kill and hold his rifle standing next to dead prey. lidat then become historic.

Edited by Apollo

Neutral Newbie

For ppl who like to do mods to their cars, its the perfect time to do engine work since everything is already out. Port and polish, over bore, replace to forged pistons, do valve job, get head ported and benchflow tested, change valvetran, cams, ........ ohhh and timing belt. Pretty expensive but u'll get an engine pretty close to race spec.

If its just a daily driver, then just find a good shop that wont rip u off.

[thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

If I have the time and money to do the things I listed above to my motor .... it'll not only be a new motor, but a much better more powerful one too.

[thumbsup]

u have ur way to make it legal???

its not legal already in sg so how can u have ur way..

unless u r government...

even if knock back the same engine num is still consider illegal....

care to share ur way???wink.gif

Supercharged

he'll probably hv to slience u if he were to share w u.

yeah, but yr question is good lah...

how eh? kopi $$$?

Supercharged

so what actually goes on in an engine overhaul?

do they take it out, dismantle everything, give it a thorough cleaning/polishing without having to change any parts thereby resulting in improvement in FC?

I left everything to my mech, he dismantle evrything to pieces, clean the parts with solvent, service and clean the piston....blah, blah, blah.....he also service the carburetor...

an overhaul is a major job and done when something internal is totally kaputz. nothing to do wif improving FC or merely 'cleaning'. it involves stripping either the top or bottom end to replace major components like bearings, crankshaft, pistons, valves, etc.

a real overhaul is a complete strip but normally is not done unless one is doing a full classic car restoration or engine rebuilt for mods.