Duplicate Keys!!

Picantorian

Dear all,

Anyone knows where can I make a duplicate for KIA car keys?

Understand some places do not do for KIA cars..

Thank you all in advance..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

that's becoz most conti car has a transponder chip built in to the key which 'mates' wif the ignition key barrel to disengage the immobiliser.

• Praise 1

the kia key very special meh???rolleyes.gif

no ah.. nothing special.. but the locksmith says may not be able to do it, as there something special in the key that is not able to duplicate.. went to the one at PS basement, can open the door. but cannot start engine..

probably... most of the locksmiths we went also said the same thing.. no gurantee can duplicate cause the key has something special that only KIA has...

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I duplicate my Nissan car key in Lavendor locksmith shops. Did it two for two different cars at different time. ok.

Price : $3.00. Very much cheaper then if I go back TC.

I also did once at Bedok.

Note: Locksmith must honour revisit for touching up. If they do a proper filing and profiling the first time, key is ok.

• Praise 1

probably... most of the locksmiths we went also said the same thing.. no gurantee can duplicate cause the key has something special that only KIA has...

I duplicate my car key as well. Can open door but cannot start engine since without the imbedded chip.

My locksmith told me this that if I see a key sign light when I switch on the engine, that means it is chipped.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1