Aston Rapide - More & BETTER

Spas

Neutral Newbie

There was an old AM Rapide thread. But i thought these newer BETTER pictures deserve a fresh thread - scroll and you'll know what i mean. 6.2litre V6, 4-door Aston Martin Rapide.

Allow its sheer beauty to blow you away. Its classy interior is unrivalled even by the likes of Maybach and RollsRoyce imo.

astonmartinrapideconcept77ip.jpg

astonmartinrapideconcept81mf.jpg

astonmartinrapideconcept90gs.jpg

astonmartinrapideconcept81vj.jpg

astonmartinrapideconcept68bl.jpg

astonmartinrapideconcept57pb.jpg

astonmartinrapideconcept22bp.jpg

astonmartinrapideconcept40ll.jpg

astonmartinrapideconcept39fe.jpg

astonmartinrapideconcept16pg.jpg

Are your pants wet now? It's not pee mind you.

Edited by Spas
↡ Advertisement

Let me touch and sit in this car in the showroom, I happy already. [inlove]

(cos even there is one in SG, unless we r those who can afford, I dont think we can even get near one [:(] )

Neutral Newbie

i dunno is it me but the more i stare at it, the more i feel like touching it...sigh...absolutely breathtaking... i thot the DB9 was fabulous enough...This Rapide takes the cake. got any specs on this car?

Edited by Cheeze

Neutral Newbie

Specs of the Aston Martin Rapide:

6.0 litre V12,

480bhp,

4277 pounds

11.8inches longer than the DB9,

308 pounds heavier than the DB9,

0-100km/h: 4.6secs

top speed: close to 300km/h

Neutral Newbie
Please please don't bring Maybach into the picture - it's a grotesque, overblown S-Class with too many gadgets and too little taste

It's an ogre of a car that Maybach, but heard the inside of the car is like a first-class hotel suite - even better than the Rolls. But still, if i'm a multi-millionaire i STILL wouldn't want to be driven around in an ogre. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

mmm definately more impressive then the Maserati Quattroporte.. that is only a 4.2l car. even the design lose out to the aston. Sigh..why can't all cars look like Aston... [laugh]

yeap but cannot really compare the Maserati with this. As this one i believe is going to cost abt 2x the price of the Maserati. That's my gut feel. But it is gorgeous and beautiful... The steering colour does look abit off..

Neutral Newbie
yeap but cannot really compare the Maserati with this. As this one i believe is going to cost abt 2x the price of the Maserati. That's my gut feel. But it is gorgeous and beautiful... The steering colour does look abit off..

You're wrong, but on the right side. The AM Rapide will be at least 2.5 times more expensive than the Maserati Quattroporte which costs US$96,000. A good gauge of the AM Rapide's price would the the AM Vanquish S which is US$180,000 at least. Go figure.

But we really have to admit the Aston is worlds apart from the Maserati. If i'm the target consumer, I'd buy the AM without thinking twice. [crazy]

The Aston Martin Rapide is more likely aimed to compete with the Porsche Panamera, Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class and Maserati Quattroporte. The Rolls and Maybach are totally at different class. Moreover the AM's rear seats are installed in such a way that they are meant to be folded down to increase boot space. Maybach, on the other hand, has aircushioned backrest, massage functions, rotating backrest as well as fully adjustible leg rest and foot rest. In terms of dimension, I am very certain the Maybach and Rolls will overwhelm this the Rapide.

Honestly, a souped-up S-class is equally fast and more luxurious than the Rapide.

↡ Advertisement