How to hook up external source to the Sony player in the Kia RiO...

Burgerdog

Hi,

Anyone driving a Kia Rio with the Sony CD/MP3 player?

When I collected my car, the SE told me that there was a way to connect any mp3 player or discman to the player with the wire below the Sony set itself.

There's sort of like a drawer with a headphone jack.

Does anyone know how to use this?

I was in a hurry so did not have time to ask her to show me how to use it...

Thanks...

↡ Advertisement

The BIG problem with the Sony R1 headset was that you can only operate the disc changer (When it is connected) and not the AUX. If you want to be able to operate either, you would have to buy an optional Sony accessory connector($200+). For me, I disconnected my CD Changer, sold it off and used the headset and the AUX is now usable with an external MP3 player.

Welcome to the Rio family. You may consider signing up at www.kiaownersgroup.com to meet more Rio owners (Like myself).

Neutral Newbie

There is still a way to do it! As I did it on my Sony HU:

Get a AV 1-2 or 1-3 adaptor (there are many such thing in SLS) for about $20 at most (get a better one if you want a better return in sound quality). Unpluge CD changer from HU, connect the adaptor to the port for CD changer on HU. Now your adaptor is a switch for multiple devices input. Connect your CD changer to the adaptor, iPod to another port and MP4 player too. You need to select CD2 for output of sound. Vola! There it comes your entertainment switch, select the desired input device for your listening pleasure while driving.

WOW!!! Thanks for the help...

Think I'll do that when I have the time...

But how big is the adaptor?

It's quite big right?

Where did you put it?

So if you need to switch between sources, you have to manually select from the adaptor?

Neutral Newbie

Hi,Can you teach me !!! [laugh]

What thing must be add into a car to make it sound good.????

I NO need the best sound system, but at least got good bass.

Sorry i am a sound system idiot.

Please teach me !!! [knife]

Did you try adjusting the audio settings in the current sound system yet (bass, treble, bass boost, etc)?

You only need to something else if you're not satisfied with the max bass the stock sound system provides...

In which case, you can add an amplifier and sub-woofer, etc...

Neutral Newbie

There are varies size around, the one i got measured from 3x8x15cm. Look around more, and don't buy those cheap plastic looking one, as the output sound quality and connection might have some problem. I placed it with double-sided tape at driver cockpit near my left knee. Run a standby cable for mp3 input from the adaptor and you can manually switch between sources as you like. Of cos if you have the $$$, invest abit on the input cable also, much better return than using those $2 one.

There is still a way to do it! As I did it on my Sony HU:

Get a AV 1-2 or 1-3 adaptor (there are many such thing in SLS) for about $20 at most (get a better one if you want a better return in sound quality). Unpluge CD changer from HU, connect the adaptor to the port for CD changer on HU. Now your adaptor is a switch for multiple devices input. Connect your CD changer to the adaptor, iPod to another port and MP4 player too. You need to select CD2 for output of sound. Vola! There it comes your entertainment switch, select the desired input device for your listening pleasure while driving.

I have tried it. It doesn't work. Obviously SOny was smart enough to figure out that people might do this and they came up with preventive measures to curb this and charge us $200+ for some silly adapter.

my also sony F7710 with the aux jack behind the head unit... u need a HU key to pull out the unit then plug in the cable... is a audio -> red/white cable... i connected it to my mp3 player n it's workin fine...

u need to enable AUX input inside the menu...

after connected u must on the volume to after the mid range....

Edited by Kanchelsk