Ssangyong Actyon

Xcalibur

Neutral Newbie

Hi all

guess SUV (esp compact ones) is getting more popularity these days.

Toyota has Rush, SY has Kyron & Actyon.

Just some pics to share...

================================================================================

=========

In the Korea Herald of Friday 14 October it was mentioned that SsangYong introduced the Actyon on October 13.

The article starts with: new SUV's rollout to stimulate market.

It appears that less than 160.000 SUV's were sold in South Korea the nine months to September, down 20 procent from last year. The five-passenger SsangYong Actyon should give sales a boost. This car probably replaces the outdated SsangYong Korando although SsangYong did not confirm this rumour.

The SsangYong Actyon should compete with other compact five passenger cars like the New Kia Sportage and the Hyundai Tucson. SsangYong expects to export the Actyon to Europe somewhere in the second half of next year.

================================================================================

==========

Have a good day!

xc

post-16-1137988522_thumb.jpg

post-16-1137988523_thumb.jpg

post-16-1137988524_thumb.jpg

post-16-1137988525_thumb.jpg

post-16-1137988526_thumb.jpg

post-16-1137988527_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xcalibur
↡ Advertisement

SY sure likes to make ugly looking cars. laugh.gif Wonder if it is going to be a behemoth like the Stavic and make it into the list of cars you don't want to get into a situation with. sweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

hi picantorian

you are right, but only half.

yes SY do carry trucks (or SUTs)like Musso, as well as SUVs like the Kyron, Actyon and Rexton, luxury saloon like Chairman (i wonder who buys this?) and the huge SMPV Stavic (the boxy shaped one that seats 9 in SG and 11 elsewhere).

by the way, Musso is very popular in SG, it looks really fierce! Rextons are mostly found in SAF.

:)

Edited by Xcalibur

saw the Musso in 1 of the car exhibits before.. it is huge!! dizzy.gif

but the Musso looks not bad lah.. not very ugly..

learned something new today that Ssangyong also deals with other categories, somehow not very popular in Singapore I suppose..

Neutral Newbie

Hi Glyuen

I agree. Hopefuli if SY brings in Actyon, the price is much more competitive than Tucson, Sportage, Grand Vitara & new RAV4. :)

cross our fingers.... :)

Neutral Newbie

Hi Pic

yea, i agree. SY brand is more popular to their locals. Saw alot in Korea, some with very nice modifications not found in SG! :)

In SG, the car market is dominated by the Jap brands. Those who have much to spare will go for continentals. Korean brands are emerging, but still quite a distance to catch up with the incumbents, esp in interior design, technologies like fuel efficiency, etc. The main advantage is their competitive price point. u drvin a picanto?

xc

Neutral Newbie

hi glyuen

duno leh, last time think they appointed Jetlyn or something but no news and marketin these days.

what they are advertising is list price. they can give u a good price if you are seriously interested and sincere.

:)

xc

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

hi pic

thanks. ya hor, come to think of it, probably this could be their alignment:

Stavic - Toyota Estima, Alphard, Nissan Presage, Lafesta & other 7 or 8-seaters MPVs? Mini bus also? :)

Rexton - 7-seater SUVs like BMW X5, Toyota Prado? upcoming Landrover Discovery 3?

Musso - Twin cabs like Isuzu, Ford Ranger?

hahaa.a.... jus some of my silly tots to share.... for your laughter only, no evidence to support :)

xc

Edited by Xcalibur

i checked out the actyon at the motorshow and very pleasantly surprised at the fit and finish.its quite an improvement over the musso from the 90's.its got a very conti feel to it and boy was it spacious. the doors closed wif a solid thud.u jus feel so safe inside the car.same goes wif the rest of the range.if 1 is nt too bodered wif looks then ssangyong is the best choice.

↡ Advertisement