Project A4

Vipertoledo

ya lor, i agree.... how to maintain such an ex hobby ah?

viper, can enlighten??? got good lobangs or not?

No lobang...just got to work very very very hard until no life...then got some $$$. After spending, need to work very very very hard again.. haha sorry to disappoint :) No easy way I know to get $$$

↡ Advertisement

Wah... Very cool dude [thumbsup] ...

BTW, yours a quattro manual or FWD [;)][confused] ...

Mine's a Quattro Manual. IMHO the B6 platform is ideal for me.... I wouldn't consider the B7 A4 as it only comes in multi-tronic.

Hi I saw your car being spiced up at CAG Auto. Alex had a chance to show me those massive rotors which got me stunned as well as those sweet PSS9s. I drive a 1.8TQM myself. [sly]

How is the CAI compared to the stock airbox?

The stock airbox is actually not too bad. I think the main difference is the mid to high end when the turbo kicks in. But aside from the CAI, I first installed the Neuspeed Xtreme Intake Hose which removed the restriction of the orginal rubber hose. That mod has more obvious difference in smoothness across the rev band and though it is a little expensive, I think its actually worth it. If you look at the stock hose, its almost disgusting in the way the hose shrinks down with quite a few undulation in the rubber. As those restrictions were removed with the Neuspeed, the ABD CAI probably had less significant impact. The CAI also gives a very cool whoosh sound (through the secondary pump I think) when you rev hard and downshift.

How much did you get the ABD CAI for? The only thing that draws me away is the fact that it's very U-shape, not the most ideal of air movement. I'm also considering replacing the intercooler to throttle body hose to a custom metal one. Btw I have the neuspeed xtreme intake hose as well and it works very well [:p]

My humble ride

post-22-1138564401_thumb.jpg

Edited by Precurser

Hi, did your ride used to be black? U're prodigue in vagsg right?

Nice ride there :) Would like to take a closer look at your xenons... Are u on stoptechs?

The ABD CAI is about $500 I think. There's no issue with the U-shape because it is mandrel bent. The stock air box also goes through a U-Turn but with the disadvantage of going through irregular surface and abrupt angles.

Yeah, did it all at the same time as I wanted colour coordination. Was told that it would crack and peel. But so far, its still the same as day one, so it seems the workshop has done a good job with proper primer and paint.

Yeah I'm on stoptechs BBK but I'm not very happy with them, doesn't perform as what I would have expected. It somehow lacks the feel and power when you need them. Got the xenons from servo for $800, so much better than the stock shitty halogens in terms of throw and looks as well. Has a purplish white effect when you see them like the BMWs.

Where did you get the CAI from? And how are the brakes so far?

Neutral Newbie

Yeah I'm on stoptechs BBK but I'm not very happy with them, doesn't perform as what I would have expected [/reply]

Mind telling us what's the size of the rotors???

Well, it works extremely well on my Skoda 1.8TM [thumbsup] ...

Furthermore, it saves my life many times while on the road [sweatdrop] ...

To be frank, I have tested the brakes at max speed of 240km/h on the NS HW and perform very well as the car don't sway to one side when comes to a total STOP [;)] ... The Disc Rotors are warm red which is the first I saw at that time [cool] . After that, no chance as I have no time for this and no practises in Singapore roads [:|]

332mm. I always have to stomp on them to brake normally, doesn't give me the confidence even though I just changed my pads. Any idea what's the problem? Re-bleed the brake fluid, change to larger rotors?

Neutral Newbie

Sorry to hear that dude [;)] ...

As for my case, I brake as normal compare to the stock setup but the bite is GREAT [thumbsup] ...

You might want to re-bleed the brake fluid to serve the issue [;)] ...

It should work as fine [:)] ...

(edited)

Got the CAI from Aloysius from CAG. Lead time about 2 weeks.

The brakes are great. I have to tap the brakes lighter than usual as the brake force is more than stock. They are 6-pot monoblock calipers made by Brembo for the Porsche Cayenne (unlike the other popular brands that are 2-piece calipers which IMHO is not as strong as the monoblock). The rotors are 352mm (14") 2-piece. The pads are Pagid RS29 Yellow Compound (same one used in Le Mans). The rears are 300mm 2-piece from Stasis, using back the stock rear calipers and mated to Hawk HPS Plus pads. Brake fluid is Motul dot 5. I have not tested the setup at the track, but based on initial bite, feel and some hard braking, its looking good. It shaves off speed real quick. I would definitely recommend this combination.

For your xenons, are they 6000K or 8000K. Which brand? Xelux, Philips, etc???

Edited by Vipertoledo

Interested to know, how much did your porsche BBK cost? The amount in SGD after conversion and freight. May consider to dump the stoptechs but need to know whether it can clear a 18" Oettinger RE wheel.

My xenons are 7000K, using hella ballast. Not sure of the brand. Got it from servo, could have gone for the cheaper xelux but wanted a more reputated brand. Can't be more happier.

Edited by Precurser