Project A4

Vipertoledo

I think its around the region of $3600 (US$1895 + $300 shipping + $150 Tax). I had it shipped via VpostUSA.com.sg which had cheaper rates. The shipping weight at that time was almost 40kg, although the actual parts were lighter. In fact, this setup weighs less than the stock calipers and rotors even though its so much bigger because of` the 2 piece rotor and forged calipers.

There is a wheel fitment guide for it at

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebu...ECS%20Stage%204

The porsche BBK kit came with dot 4 fluid and porsche oem brake pads (made by Pagid). I ordered the Pagid RS29 separately from ECS as well. The Motul dot 5 fluid came from Stasis rear brake kit. For tracking, I would recommend the dot 5 brake fluid to withstand the higher temperature.

↡ Advertisement

I had my xenons installed at CK. Wanted the 7000K ones, but he recommended 8000K... said it was better... I was so disappointed after that. The light illumination was so poor, I was wondering whether its working. I'll be changing it asap.

For the brakes, I was wondering if StopTech had a 14" rotors?

Anyway, fyi, the porsche calipers bolts directly onto the A4 spindle. When the BBK arrived, I was searching high and low for the brackets... even called ECS at 2am... and was told this caliper does not need brackets to fit the spindle. That got me puzzled as there is no way that caliper should have fit the audi's spindle. Then it hit me that VW and Porsche shared the same platform developement for the Cayenne and the Toureg, so that's probably why the bolts match up for a direct fit.

Neutral Newbie
The stock airbox is actually not too bad. I think the main difference is the mid to high end when the turbo kicks in. But aside from the CAI, I first installed the Neuspeed Xtreme Intake Hose which removed the restriction of the orginal rubber hose. That mod has more obvious difference in smoothness across the rev band and though it is a little expensive, I think its actually worth it. If you look at the stock hose, its almost disgusting in the way the hose shrinks down with quite a few undulation in the rubber. As those restrictions were removed with the Neuspeed, the ABD CAI probably had less significant impact. The CAI also gives a very cool whoosh sound (through the secondary pump I think) when you rev hard and downshift.

Lovely ride - can I ask where you obtained the Neuspeed Xtreme Intake Hose and what damage should I expect?

Ordered it from Greedspeed.com for US$299. Shipping via air is quite expensive from them. As I ordered a couple of things from them, I think the estimated shipping for it alone is US$150.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks - USD 450 for a silicon intake pipe is [sweatdrop] ...

Can I ask another question - from your pic of the engine, there is a silver box-like part on the top of the engine bay, attached to the firewall - what is it? Have not seem such a part in other 1.8T engines before...

Hi guys,

Been a while since the Toledo was sold. Project A4 took quite a while to progress, and while it was going on, a lot on my mind was how much I missed the Toledo. Save for the 1.6L engine, the Toledo handles really really well. Now with 2 phases out of 3 completed, the A4 is moving from good to better. Phase 1 was bodykit, wheels, suspension, brakes. Phase 2 was ICE.

Here's the pics....

Viper

hey bro,

very extensive mods .......makes the car so much fiercer! Nice brakes, are they the same ones from tody? Man, your rims are HUGE !! wow ! wonder what the phase 3 is..... performance based? tell us more when we meet at MUP lah!! [thumbsup]

Interested to know, how much did your porsche BBK cost? The amount in SGD after conversion and freight. May consider to dump the stoptechs but need to know whether it can clear a 18" Oettinger RE wheel.

If you dumping your stoptechs, let me know... [;)]

Can fit the B7 right? 18" RS4 rims.

That's the ballast for the Xenons. But the xenons I have will soon be replaced as it is too blue at 8000K. Need something more street-friendly.

Thanks.... actually, Yew Lip and ADSM would be okay if you have a tight budget or doing small repair jobs. Mine was done at Lim Yew Boo at 3rd Floor Sin Min. Its $3k for 3 weeks. They handle mainly luxury and sports cars.

No, the brakes from the Tody were smaller. They were 4-pot Porsche from the Boxter and was sold together with the car. The new ones are 6-pot with 14" rotors and I had to have bigger rims to clear it!

Phase 3....currently still secret... but can tell at MUP. [:)]

so you running 6/4 pot brakes on the A4, bro? ....heh heh.... R19 is damn big rims,man!

heh heh, see when is the next MUP [nod] ..... only left a couple of toads ... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Go for 6000Ks and Philips bulbs - was also previously on 8000Ks on my previous ride when one of the bulbs went kaput - changed to 6000Ks and the difference was like night and day...