Subwoofer Box Grills

Surge

Neutral Newbie

Hi all

currently making a custom woofer box for 2 12" woofers

Am looking for woofer grills like the one in this pic

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/images/9513.jpg

see those C shaped metal bars ??thats what i am looking for.

and

also looking for 12" Rockford Fosgate Ring shaped covers (or something similar)

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSPr...wooferguard.jpg

Anyone knows where to get these?

Thanks bros/sis

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

wah..those over the top leh..

i dun like those flame flame one..jsut want to keep it clean and simple :)

Anyways..i made a trip to Ikea today and found the C shaped metal bars laioz smile.gif

the measurements seems just nice somemore thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your suggestions

be sure to get those where the bar can be removed. i was looking for those too but couldn't figure out how to install the C shaped bars once the woofers are in place [sweatdrop] so in the end got the cabinet door handles where the bar can be removed.

Neutral Newbie

many places sell the simple plastic grills, but where would be a nice shop that displays better-built grills to make choosing easier?

anyone came across cheap grills that actually rattle during high volumes? or most makes are quite silent?

got any1 like the "rotating" model?

my grill lagi cheap kind oso no sound leh.. guess there wun be sound ba... if the sub is loud enuff to rattle the grills.. its loud enuff to cover the rattling.. [thumbsup]

post-4-1139801931_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

> my grill lagi cheap kind oso no sound leh.. guess there wun be sound ba... if the sub is loud enuff to rattle the grills.. its loud enuff to cover the rattling..

wah well said, i didn't quite think of it that way. good point! then i better look for inexpensive one can liao ...

the surface itself not very smooth (slightly pitted)...so u need to sand it down, primer it then paint and finally laquer to get the perfect finish.

A rather easy DIY project if u have time. And if anything goes wrong [lipsrsealed] at the most get a new grill lol...saw a pic of a car b4 with this type of grill painted white. Looks not too bad [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Brought the IKEA C bars to my ice installer.

Size fits pretty well . [thumbsup]

howeve ri need to got back to IKEA to get 2 more long bars cos one woofer will have 4 bars

as the grill..(some design thingy :)

FYI the bars are

12 3/4"

8 3/4"

Will post pics when done.

my grill lagi cheap kind oso no sound leh.. guess there wun be sound ba... if the sub is loud enuff to rattle the grills.. its loud enuff to cover the rattling.. [thumbsup]

Hey! That's the Rockford grille. I've got the same thing in metal installed on my sub [thumbsup]

Is your grille metal or plastic?

Neutral Newbie

> Hey! That's the Rockford grille. I've got the same thing in metal installed on my sub

Is your grille metal or plastic?

This design (rockford grill) can be seen in many shops in sim lim tower right? or those they're selling are some cheong grlls?

if u dun protect ur sub and there is some dent on the driver, that's it right? not practical to repair?

↡ Advertisement