• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
66 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:51 PM

Les1971
  • Les1971
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I have came across this Surbo Turbo...just wondering if you folk can give me any advise on this product.

web link : http://www.surbo.net/

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:59 PM

Sunray
  • Sunray
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Heard it's good for old cars without ECU. It works well with MT based on hear say.

What's your ride?

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:02 PM

Les1971
  • Les1971
    Clutched
    Author Image

have not fix it yet....need advise from other.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

Lorrliew
  • Lorrliew
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Do a search in this forum, there is quite a lot of discussion on this.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:07 PM

Mits_jc
  • Premium member
    Mits_jc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

surebo.. sure boh??????

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:41 PM

King
  • King
    Supercharged
    Author Image

soud beri snakely..
I accept the facts that a lot of drivers are
LAZY
LOUSY
and
Stupid!

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:16 PM

Yc86
  • Yc86
    Supercharged
    Author Image

edit:
the surbo is not a powered thing right? it's like a one way fan that spins as the suction draws the air in.. when the throttle is suddenly let go, the fan is stil spinning and thus continues to 'compress' the air inside.

then u open full throttle to 'activate' it, and this surge of air goes into the intake directly, giving a temporary 'boost' in power

but i'd say it won't work... how much air can a fan, driven by inertia compress? either it is very heavy and has lots of momentum to compress more air, but this restricts the air flowing in the first place... or it is too light, even more useless

what boost gauge installed... that 'boost' gauge is not even reading positive pressure in the diagram unsure.gif

use vacuum gauge enough already lah

Edited by Yc86, 18 February 2006 - 06:23 PM.

As a particularly highly developed machine, the motorcycle is an object of wonder;
because its use, even by virtuoso riders, comes close to the limits of human capabilities. - Bernt Spiegel

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:33 PM

Spade
  • Spade
    4th Gear
    Author Image

surbo is not a fan, I've seen it before just before thinking about buying and it looks very much like the piece of metal cyclone... I seriously dunno how a piece of metal that impedes even more air into the intake can help. I was rejected as a customer because I had upgraded my rims...

Edited by Spade, 18 February 2006 - 06:34 PM.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:36 PM

Yc86
  • Yc86
    Supercharged
    Author Image

yah, it has a moving fan inside the cyclone shaped thingy right?
if its just a cyclone with fixed vanes inside, even more thumbsdown.gif
what spin the air nonsense.. laugh.gif
As a particularly highly developed machine, the motorcycle is an object of wonder;
because its use, even by virtuoso riders, comes close to the limits of human capabilities. - Bernt Spiegel

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:00 PM

Hattee
  • Hattee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Perhaps there are several ways of explaining cyclone and surbo effect.

If I still remembered what taught in school, air pressure falls as air velocity increases. Seems to me the swirling extended the distance to be travelled by air. For the same induction flow rate (travelling time), air velocity will have to rise inside the duct. Results is effective fall in pressure which can be translated as better suction that supposedly draws in more air. It probably benefits most during cruise having slightly more air drawn, hence improving FC.

But downside is the transcient for the swirling to build up. Previous style of throttling will feel lost in pickup. Most people will have to throttle alittle harder. City driving often suffers and FC might actually worsen.

The self-induced vacuum by sudden disruption of swirling might able to momentary produce sudden accceleration in certain cars.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:00 PM

Vblaster_w211
  • Vblaster_w211
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Let's just say it's likely to be so mild in effect, it's not likely to be shown on a dyno.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:21 PM

Hattee
  • Hattee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

That depends. I have seen a Surbo-powered Proton humbled a Civic.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:34 PM

Vblaster_w211
  • Vblaster_w211
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Normal 1.6L SOHC Civic? Or some other config? No big deal unless more details are shown, including other enhancements and drivers even.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:42 PM

Hattee
  • Hattee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

In M'sia, it's once a popular gadgets protons go for to bit some Jap cars. Maybe you are right, they also have undisclosed recipe.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:49 PM

Vblaster_w211
  • Vblaster_w211
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yeah, could be. Oh well, that's why I trust only one thing for any performance enhancement product: full fact sheet with dyno chart.

You'll be surprised how reluctant many of such product makers are to provide something as simple as that.

That's why reputed tuners, especially those for Conti's, would not hesitate to publish their dyno tunes.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:04 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have came across this Surbo Turbo...just wondering if you folk can give me any advise on this product.

web link : http://www.surbo.net/

surbo is surbo...
turbo is turbo...
surbo is not turbo...
turbo is not surbo....

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:05 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

edit:
the surbo is not a powered thing right? it's like a one way fan that spins as the suction draws the air in.. when the throttle is suddenly let go, the fan is stil spinning and thus continues to 'compress' the air inside.

then u open full throttle to 'activate' it, and this surge of air goes into the intake directly, giving a temporary 'boost' in power

but i'd say it won't work... how much air can a fan, driven by inertia compress? either it is very heavy and has lots of momentum to compress more air, but this restricts the air flowing in the first place... or it is too light, even more useless

what boost gauge installed... that 'boost' gauge is not even reading positive pressure in the diagram unsure.gif

use vacuum gauge enough already lah

turbo is snail...
surbo is fan... laugh.gif

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:06 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yah, it has a moving fan inside the cyclone shaped thingy right?
if its just a cyclone with fixed vanes inside, even more thumbsdown.gif
what spin the air nonsense.. laugh.gif

it got those fins that looks like a fan...
but i think it wun turn one....
the shape to to make the air that goes in "turn"...

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:07 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That depends. I have seen a Surbo-powered Proton humbled a Civic.

u mean a proton won a civic???
if so,i dun believe its the work of the surbo.... shakehead.gif

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:12 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

A Proton humbled a Civic?

Let me tell you the bad news.

Attached Thumbnails

• nas5lg.jpg

Men are like oysters, closed to suffering.
http://www.spritmoni...ail/264162.html

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users