Sports rims and tyres for Honda Jazz

Zombie

Neutral Newbie

I'm running on Yokohama AVS ES100. Find it's a nicely balanced package between comfort & grip. If wet grip is important, avoid the Yokohama Apsec DB. Heard lots of horror stories abt it's clumsy wet performance. ST115 which is really good in the wet but ride is a bit on the hard side. Avoid the Falken Ziex 326 coz it gets really noisy after a while. Bridgestone GIIIs are so-so, nothing to shout about in any particular area. Goodyear NCT 5 is a comfort tyre but wet grip sucks. Lots of ppl swear by SO3s but kinda ex. Kumho 712 has it's fair share of followers due to the attractive price but heard it's a bit noisy and wet grip is average (saaber, u want to correct me here?)

185/55/15 is the correct +1 upgrade for the Jazz. The overall deviation is only +0.24% which is negligible. Rim design is subjective so I'll leave it to one's personal judgement on what is chio or fugly. Price-wise, Leong Seng at Paya Ubi is competitive and has a wide selection but dun expect professional advice or fantastic workmanship there. U can give Yap Bros a few doors away a try too - heard they are more professional. Stamford is quite good too but a bit ex.

Anyway, knowing that Kumho got only average wet grip, I don't go that hard during rain so it is safer lor......if not, I will really whack harder if wet grip is better and it is not so safe liao....sly.gif....Basically for a road use tyre, it is pretty competent.....good grip in dry and very progressive giving you ample warning before you hit the limit and mind you, the grip is still there , rather than those that only squeal right at the limit and the next thing you know, you ae going into a spin or whatsoever....

Most important, it is the cheapest performance tyre I have ever come across.....

i paid $130 per piece for 225/45 R17......thumbsup.gif

Edited by Saaber
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I went to Yap Bros and Leong Seng yesterday. Yap Bros do not have OZ Rims.

For the information of the rest, I was quoted 200 for OZ superleggra and 85 for ST115. r15/195/50. Same price for OZ F1. Didn't go be other places. Maybe those who know the price of other tyre shop can post here. Forget to ask the price AVS E100.

Supercharged
If I change to 15", the specs should be 185/55R15 rite? Is there such a specs or must I change to some other specs?

if cannot find 185/55r15, can try to go a bit wider:

195/50r15, which is around -1% from stock

205/50r15, which is around +0.3%

iirc, the rim shops at blk 119 along bt merah lane 1 are offering Oz Superlegs for below $200...

want to try this model k speed.. my present rim quite nice... i change all with tyres together around 900... quite good handling and grip.. with trade in allowed.. it is light and easy to clean... i brought it from the caltex station lube beside bukit merah national library

post-7-1046268326_thumb.jpg

Thinking of changing my '09 Fit wheel to 16inch.

anyone can advise what is the best tyre profile for it?

initially i am looking at 205/50/R16, but one tyre shop uncle advise that it will cause the car to consume much more petrol

so now i am looking at 205/45/R16 or 195/50/R16 or 195/45/R16.

any ho sim lang (good hearted man) can advise?

Neutral Newbie

definitely if you go bigger rims and wider tyres, FC will be affected.

maybe you should consider how much are you affected by FC.

If FC is no issue for you, go as big(rims), as wide(tyre) and as low profile(tyre) as you want.

If FC is an issue, best to stick with stock size.

Any recommendations for tyres change then?

Looking more for comfort/noise reduction/low fc [bounce2]

first you need to tell us you rim size and which year of Jazz

more current and previous jazz share the same size 14 that is 175/65r14

Neutral Newbie

first you need to tell us you rim size and which year of Jazz

more current and previous jazz share the same size 14 that is 175/65r14

Thanks for the reply

Mine is Honda Jazz 1.5 2008 make

Not sure about the rim size though Never changed since I bought the car

Edited by Dormito
↡ Advertisement