Getting a Kelisa

Vroomvroom

Test drove both the auto and manual kelisa

Pick up wise, the MT one is damm good. Enough said, confirm fun to drive.

As for AT, as compare to AT Picanto (which i have test drove also) AT Kelisa has more power.

Fabric wise, The one on MT Kelisa to me is so much better...the AT fabric is [thumbsdown]

Power wing mirror only on AT kelisa.

The Gearstick of the AT kelisa is damm ugly (IMO) but i cant ask for much right since i am into budget car. [:p]

FC wise, I think for OPC driver like myself doesnt really matter..

Vibration wise, I dun really feel irritated be it MT or AT kelisa.

They are acceptable to me.

Boot space wise, quite happy with it...think can easily put in a baby pram. [thumbsup]

Leg space wise...quite small. But shd be ok for ppl who are smaller in size. Might be a little uncomfortable for big size ppl.

↡ Advertisement

Yes..

The fabric on AT Kelisa is those kind that will trap dust. People with senstive nose will not like it. Amazingly the SE told me that the fabric for AT is actually of a higher grade [crazy]

Do you know how much does it cost to change the gearstick? The AT is actually quite a good pt A to B 4 wheels for OPC driver. But the gear stick really [thumbsdown]

MT one no complains. swee swee.. but im more incline to AT. When it comes to driving, I prefer it as stress free as possible. hehehe... my driving skills not very good la [:p]

Depends on you. But I seldom see AT gear stick replacement parts around. Am driving a manual car, so don't really know about AT stuff. Anyway, choose the one you like best. Poeple who have choosen Kelisa over Picanto wants that power. So most AT drivers regretted a bit after getting it. Many want to mod this mod that to improve power and/or fuel consumption rate.

For me, I go with the cheaper, good FC, good power option. If power isn't an issue, I really think you should give Picanto a try, cause life-style changes after you own a car. And soon you will find either the passenger have no space or the boot is too small.

the back leg space for picanto looks bigger. boot wise, i think kelisa one is bigger.

price wise 4k different. thats a sore point.

I think its all about confidence..long time never drive manual car..thats why abit buay steady. But i guess its all about getting use to it after awhile. [:)]

I didn't drove for 4 years before I got my Kelisa. First night I got it, I just can't wait to drive it back to my home, so damn scare. Second day, got a few horns and high beam because gear change is slow, sometime forget to down-gear. But in no time, a couple of jams, and the rest becomes natural.

Nothing beats the feeling of down-shifting 2 gears and reving the hell off. [hur][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Ok.. the kelisa performs better in pickup than the picanto. This is because the Kelisa has only 3 cylinders... making the engine lighter.. compared to picanto's 4 cylinder. So... I think you'll be very happy with the Kelisa. :) Welcome aboard. laugh.gif

I have a feeling many yrs down the road, you might still see 1st generation kelisa running on the road. The engine to a car is like the heart to a human.

Daihatsu source engine [thumbsup] ..Am very comfortable with this aspect especially when there are charade still running ard on our roads. [drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

hi,

i am considering whether a kelisa is a good buy for my first car..what do u think? in terms of performance and fuel efficiency?

tks! [laugh]

(edited)

I love it cos its the car now that will hurt my pocket the least. But.....

I will love it no more once my pocket is deeper. [sly]

Edited by Vroomvroom

Then my advise is don't get it. Since you don't need a car, you might be better off saving the money up. A few tens of Ks for something you don't really enjoy is just a waste.

Save the money and go for the car of your dream. [scholar]

(edited)

What i meant is .....taste and perference do change over time.

As David Beckham once famously said "Never say never" in life.

Edited by Vroomvroom

Just don't want you to think back and regretted that you could have spend a bit more to be free of all those problems that you might face with this car.

In fact, my first choice is actually Ignis. But I have done too much things to my fish now that I would most likely drive for the rest of the COE period.

↡ Advertisement