Toyota Altis vs Skoda Octavia

Elixir

Both are about the same price right now. Conti side gives very good comments for Octavia. Exterior wise, I prefer Altis.

Bros here, what do you have to say? about performance, resale value, interior, Europe made vs Thai made etc etc?

THanks.

[:)]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

IMO, Octy wins hands down. Drives better, quality finishing, tougher body for a safer ride, Volkswagen engineered, still assembled in country of origin. Interior looks plainer then the Altis though, but if its the drive that's important to you, go for the Octy. [thumbsup]

(edited)

hi bro

imho, Octy anytime! My wife used to drive the Jap Corolla, also tried the Thai-made Altis, and the entire range of Skoda vehicles.

The Octy gives a sturdy feel in motion, and also the doors and build quality give you a much more reassuring feel. Looks are subjective of course, but I would go for the understated look of the Octy anytime - it is timeless! The interior of the Octy is also understated, but very Teutonic and of great materials. The interior won't have a lot of flashy stuff like the Jap and Korean counterparts, but if you want a quality drive, a look that grows on you, go for the Octy. Plus, for the price range now, you are really getting a VW car at such a ridiculous low price (albeit a different badge).

I urge you to go for a test drive along a bendy road (Jervois?), and also, along a straight stretch, especially on a highway. You WILL feel the difference between the Altis, and the Octy. :-)

bless

tashi

Edited by Tashi

Neutral Newbie

Can't be Compared at all cause these 2 cars has very different Build Quality, Value wise it has to be the Octavia anytime , anywhere. [:)]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Toyota sells by itself and most wont feel wrong if every other neighbour is having one.

I'm driving a similar continental make that does even have a agent! I'm happy because I know what are my needs, what I'm paying for and what I'm getting.

Do not get over excited bcos of comments & corner yourself into a decision, test drive both car thoroughly.

performance: insignificant difference (both are 1.6 NA)

resale value: insignificant difference (All used car has no value in SG)

interior: personal preference (feel it for yourself)

country of origin: affects the availability of aftermarket parts (insignificant if you're keeping it stock)

Go with what you like most and what others say becomes secondary nod.gif

Edited by Jhoo

WOW [sly] Did you all immigrate from Conti side? Just joking. Personally, I and I have ask around my friends, most people dislike the the curvy c-shaped lights behind Altis, quite ugly. My boss drives a Altis and everyday we do lunch together along Pasir Panjang road, one whole straight stretch (with many churches around) which is quite bumpy (many squarish metal drains n just up down up down road) and I actually feel that Altis suspension (if I'm right) is not that fanastic (but of course better than my Getz). I still feel quite body jerking. What do you have to say about Octavia on this?

I have never been in Octavia before but the research that I have done here for Octavia is overwhelming.

rgds. [:)]

Neutral Newbie
Both are about the same price right now. Conti side gives very good comments for Octavia. Exterior wise, I prefer Altis.

Bros here, what do you have to say? about performance, resale value, interior, Europe made vs Thai made etc etc?

Don't you think altis backside look very ah pek? [lipsrsealed] My apology, look is quite subjective.

In terms of performance, interior and country of make - octavia [thumbsup] altis [thumbsdown]

Do you think there's resale value in s'pore? [hur]

THanks.

[:)]

I have owned a 7 year old Octavia overseas for 1 year before. Do a search on my posts and you will know that I have no regrets getting the Octavia. To be very frank with you, I have been so used to the reliability and fuss-free maintenance of Toyotas, Nissans. Although my colleagues have strongly recommended the Skoda, I am really apprehensive whether my Skoda ownership will be free of hiccups.

I have also posted some comparisons of the Japanese assembled 9th generation Corolla and Thai-built Corolla Altis (do a searh too). There is a huge difference in build quality in Toyotas, past and present. I have some friends and colleagues who own a Corolla Altis. The main impetus for them to get this car back then was mainly due to the brand and the SE's claims that there is no significant build quality between the Japanese Corolla and the Thai-built Altis.

Now, most of them have owned the Altis for more than 1.5 years. The general sentiment is, they could have been more prudent before settling for the Altis back then. For some, the ownership experience is besieged with quality issues e.g.

- flimsy door seals which the agent turns a blind eye to

- condensation in the headlamps-

- bulges on the upper section of the dashboard (some of which are found near to the parameter of the passenger air bag cover).

For some, they have been relatively lucky or they are oblivious to the problems because they are looking forward to the next car.

Some of the Skoda owners have voiced their opinions and recommendations. I second their views. Looking forward to you becoming part of our growing Skoda family. Do check out the SOG section or PME me for details on the Skoda Group Purchase exercise, which is conducted before every COE bidding exercise.

Toyota sells by itself and most wont feel wrong if every other neighbour is having one.

I'm driving a similar continental make that does even have a agent! I'm happy because I know what are my needs, what I'm paying for and what I'm getting.

Do not get over excited bcos of comments & corner yourself into a decision, test drive both car thoroughly.

performance: insignificant difference (both are 1.6 NA)

resale value: insignificant difference (All used car has no value in SG)

interior: personal preference (feel it for yourself)

country of origin: affects the availability of aftermarket parts (insignificant if you're keeping it stock)

Go with what you like most and what others say becomes secondary nod.gif

well said too ! IMHO I dun think can compare de 2 side by side..

Go wz ur heart n pocket....good hunting!

As for FC, toyota car give u one of the best in the market with their VVTI....

so if u are an FC person, pls go and get a altis.....

if not,pls get the octavia.......

unless u want other make, i can introduce u to italian car like fiat and alfa [lipsrsealed][:p] hehehe

FC for auto Octy about 10-12km/Litre. FC for Altis i think is 14km/litre.

in terms of FC, Altis wins. That's probably the only area it wins.............

↡ Advertisement