VW Jetta

Koolaba

Actually 7dsg is dry right? Then they said using mineral oil helps solve the prob. anyone knows what they meant by this? So the dry 7dsg becomes wet in this case or?

↡ Advertisement

Actually 7dsg is dry right? Then they said using mineral oil helps solve the prob. anyone knows what they meant by this? So the dry 7dsg becomes wet in this case or?

I read that dry simply means less oil ? (so not totally dry lah )

Edited by Cheepo

Neutral Newbie

Just place my order today for a Special Edition... tmrw need to go pray very hard that i am the lucky few to have a peaceful ride without all the issues mentioned in this thread...

Turbocharged

Just place my order today for a Special Edition... tmrw need to go pray very hard that i am the lucky few to have a peaceful ride without all the issues mentioned in this thread...

Errr.... I'm sure you have done your homework.... Good luck....

Errr.... I'm sure you have done your homework.... Good luck....

I see the new jetta quite nice. Sat in my customer Jetta while in HK. The rear leg room is ok and quite stable got powder.

The new new jetta also got GB problem?

as long as it does not have a stick that can wriggle up, down, left, right and centre, avoid it. [laugh]

I see the new jetta quite nice. Sat in my customer Jetta while in HK. The rear leg room is ok and quite stable got powder.

Turbocharged

serious??..... i have never driven a jetta before my recent trip to states... i rented a 2.5L jetta 2mths ago at LA, damn regretted big time... not sure was it due the milleage was "high" (~33K miles) or it was an accident car before, when i step on the gas and pick up speed, the engine sound and steering feel was not good.... kind of not as firm on the road as i hope for.. a bid floating sensation...... at 85mi/h, i dare not go higher already and have to slow down to 65mi/h limit... but i have no problem even with ford focus(2L) hitting 100mi/h......so, if im given a free car from lucky draw, i will pick a ford focus then a vw jetta.... [grin]

serious??..... i have never driven a jetta before my recent trip to states... i rented a 2.5L jetta 2mths ago at LA, damn regretted big time... not sure was it due the milleage was "high" (~33K miles) or it was an accident car before, when i step on the gas and pick up speed, the engine sound and steering feel was not good.... kind of not as firm on the road as i hope for.. a bid floating sensation...... at 85mi/h, i dare not go higher already and have to slow down to 65mi/h limit... but i have no problem even with ford focus(2L) hitting 100mi/h......so, if im given a free car from lucky draw, i will pick a ford focus then a vw jetta.... [grin]

In the US usually I rented Japanese cars or American brands.

as long as it does not have a stick that can wriggle up, down, left, right and centre, avoid it. [laugh]

If tats the case I think can forget about considering VW models for my next purchase liao.

It has been coming to 6 months driving my new Jetta

Think it depends on which timing of Jetta you have as it seems like there are many improve version since years ago

Mine was collected 24 Dec 13 - christmas eve you know.... Very happy till now

As mentioned it is my 10th car - I driven honda civic vti, nissan vip, subaru viki, mitishibitsu mitec, alfa 147, lexus 2.0, oh the worst is fiat stilo - 7 years scrape the car completely beyond repair..

This is the best car from economically, stability, spacious, power...

Think it depends on which timing of Jetta you have as it seems like there are many improve version since years ago

As mentioned it is my 10th car - I driven honda civic vti, nissan vip, subaru viki, mitishibitsu mitec, alfa 147, lexus 2.0, oh the worst is fiat stilo - 7 years scrape the car completely beyond repair..

U must not be stingy of not updating here everytime your jetta go see doc ya.

If your jetta really so healthy like what u mention than u are giving a lots of us good hope.

6 months.....what mileage ?

6,000 km now...

Yea - sure will update here if any hiccup to share with all - I know how bad it is with my fiat stilo experience of 6 months - 7 times repair... worst than our mrt

(edited)

in U.S ppl like big cc NA engine car, so the power output is not so sharply, but euro and asia mostly are small cc TC engine, due to fuel price issue

2.5L jetta power maybe less than our 1.6 TC jetta 180bhp, so you felt sluggish [:p]

Edited by Quantum

LOL, probably suspension is tuned on the soft side for North America market and reckon the rear suspension is torsion beam instead of independent multilink.

(edited)

2015 Jetta facelift.... Rear look like A6, revamp interior... But looks like same DSG...

Edited by Amazon777
↡ Advertisement