VW Jetta

Koolaba

follow this criteria never wrong:

buy 2nd hand car never consider conti car, especially those warranty expired

Please don't spread fears leh.

How well do you know a conti especially one without warranty.

More important is how the car is thoroughly checked before purchase.

Jap or korea car is also cumbersome if bought one that is without proper maintenance.

French or Germans spare parts at times are cheaper than you think so.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I just saw a SLL plate Passat breakdown today at junction. Volks err... scary

Don't spread fears... Maybe driver forgot to fill petrol leh?....

• Praise 2

hi all, thinking about getting a jetta 2nd hand, but as i read more i see quite a bit of comments about engine running after turning off, gear box issues. my friend also say dont know why the headlights cannot off. any comments from jetta drivers? thanks!

Let me share my experience on my 4 years old Jetta.

1. Noise from belt. End up change belt and tensioner and water pump.

2. Steering wheel lock appear in display. Unable to off engine.

3. Spanner sign appear. Changed some component.

4. Gear clutch replace due to gear 2 complain.

5. Water pump replaced again as engine sounds like diesel car.

6. Central locking malfunction.

7. Signal speaker malfunction.

8. Roof upholstery give way due to poor gum.

9. Brake noise but fault unfound.

After all this happening on replace and repair, the car now drive like X1. However u will start to lose confident on this car.

• Praise 1

My Volksvagen Jetta 1.4 TSI just passed its 3rd year and the ABS, ESP and brake lights all came on at the same time. The service centre says the ABS pump needs to be replaced.

The cause of ABS pump damage is due to normal wear & tear ( 50K mileage )

Cost of pump plus labour - about $3000.

Does anyone know where to get a cheaper ABS pump for Jetta?

Thank you.

Although this is a very old question, I thought is still good to share here.

I have changed the ABS sensor at $170/- outside. The fault is eliminated.

• Praise 1

Don't spread fears... Maybe driver forgot to fill petrol leh?....ðð

When drivers are not familiar with new cars, there is a tendency that they will bump into a situation that the car can't move. In VW case, there is a need to step the brake before one shift from neutral to D.

I personally came across a lady madza owner couldn't start her new car in a carpark. She approached me for assistance. Guess what, she didn't step the brake in order to start.

Turbocharged

When drivers are not familiar with new cars, there is a tendency that they will bump into a situation that the car can't move. In VW case, there is a need to step the brake before one shift from neutral to D.

I personally came across a lady madza owner couldn't start her new car in a carpark. She approached me for assistance. Guess what, she didn't step the brake in order to start.

Huh? What has that got to do with new car or old car or any auto gb car familiar or not? All auto car need to step on brake to change from p to d..if she didn't know that, how she passed her licence?.

maybe she's driving manual previously. [laugh]

For manual, it's either clutch in or step on brake. Maybe she's used to clutch in.

Huh? What has that got to do with new car or old car or any auto gb car familiar or not? All auto car need to step on brake to change from p to d..if she didn't know that, how she passed her licence?.

• Praise 1

Let me share my experience on my 4 years old Jetta.

1. Noise from belt. End up change belt and tensioner and water pump.

2. Steering wheel lock appear in display. Unable to off engine.

3. Spanner sign appear. Changed some component.

4. Gear clutch replace due to gear 2 complain.

5. Water pump replaced again as engine sounds like diesel car.

6. Central locking malfunction.

7. Signal speaker malfunction.

8. Roof upholstery give way due to poor gum.

9. Brake noise but fault unfound.

After all this happening on replace and repair, the car now drive like X1. However u will start to lose confident on this car.

My kia caren 9yrs with 150K mileage still have not change anything except brake pad.Not even a single belt.

Save me a lot of money on maintenance.

4yrs old car why need to change so many things.How much is your mileage? 

My kia caren 9yrs with 150K mileage still have not change anything except brake pad.Not even a single belt.

Save me a lot of money on maintenance.

4yrs old car why need to change so many things.How much is your mileage?

Mileage then was about 70k. Agree. I was annoyed that water pump need to change twice within short span.

Mileage then was about 70k. Agree. I was annoyed that water pump need to change twice within short span.

Seems like the parts are not lasting.In long run the maintenance will be higher than usual.

Seems like the parts are not lasting.In long run the maintenance will be higher than usual.

For those who are still driving Jetta, u may get yr parts from Batu Pahat VW service center. U may even book yr servicing there.

Malaysia Jetta are all assemble in country. Near identical. If indent to drive for long, keep in mind of this, at least wear and tear could be replaced cheaper and faster.

For consider only!

Neutral Newbie

For those who are still driving Jetta, u may get yr parts from Batu Pahat VW service center. U may even book yr servicing there.

Malaysia Jetta are all assemble in country. Near identical. If indent to drive for long, keep in mind of this, at least wear and tear could be replaced cheaper and faster.

For consider only!

Hi hi ....

Just wondering if your Jetta doors have the "kek kek" sound when turning , going up MSCP n if you managed to solve this issue?

Hi hi ....

Just wondering if your Jetta doors have the "kek kek" sound when turning , going up MSCP n if you managed to solve this issue?

all VW have cos the door lining.  solution is to re- apply the conditioner by VCS every time u service there, or get the solution from their after sales centre

Neutral Newbie

Anyone had experienced your Jetta radio system not working (blank black screen)? Any ideas how to resolve?

I have a 2013 Jetta with RNS510 radio. Recently sent to VCS for 60k servicing and radio was working, but after servicing the radio was broken.

Return to VCS the next day, and was told a replacement will cost me upwards of 5 grand! Imagine paying close to 1k for the servicing and now have to fork out additional fees!

I checked on the Internet, and noted this is a common vw problem, so wanted to share my experience (very bad one) and hopefully seek ideas from anyone who experienced this before?

Edited by Yopn23

Neutral Newbie

Hello, I just bought a 2nd hand jetta 1.4. Can I check what's the rough price to change the engine mount? And any reliable workshop to recommend?