Volkswagen EOS

Koolaba

Neutral Newbie

nice one, by the way how you post picture in the forum ? i have tried many times but still unsuccessful, how to use is this ? sigtext ? [confused]

Perhaps you can consider resizing the picture?

I use the "Attachment" feature and press "Upload attachment" to get the picture uploaded.

The best person to ask should be Admin.

No idea. Cars and Cars should have the answer. Anyway, EOS is a lifestyle vehicle. You really need spare cash to get this car.

Neutral Newbie

Those are great pictures. Don't you think it looks like an Audi TT?

Who do you think would buy this car?

Who has experience driving a hard top convertible? Is the mechanism usually clumsy?

Nope, a TT looks nothing like the EOS. The TT has a sloping rear hatch, coupled with the Audi grill and headlights and looks similar to the Nuvolari concept.

This EOS has a Passat looking front and rear.

Who would buy this car? the same people who would buy the new Volvo Coupe, the Megane Coupe, the 307 CC and similar coupe/carbriolets.

Neutral Newbie

Do you like the Eos?

I guess my questions was what kinda person would buy this sort of car - in terms of profile.

The VW brand has been more low-profile lately. Do you think the brand is more premium or entry-level European?

And do conti car drivers usually switch to Jap cars (and vice versa) readily?

Naaah, don't like the Eos, bro!

VW been low profile? don't think so, with the GTI, the R32, the Passat and the Phaeton......VW is hardly low profile.

But that being said, VW is not entry level, cos they are the most costly but best made of their class (excluding executive class). VW is trying to enter the executive and luxury class, with the Phaeton, but wasn't successful. However, the new Passat blurs the line between executive sedan and family sedan.

whether whether conti drivers switch to Jap or not, is up to the drivers themselves and what they see is important to them. Some conti owners want more bang for the buck and the WRX is the way to go and vice versa........ it really depends on what the drivers want for their $$. Some want better FC, some want style and design, some want better interiors and the list go on.....

Neutral Newbie

Ya, I agree - the Eos looks so-so. I wonder what are the kind of people who would consider something like that. My friend saw it and called it a "lady's car". I wonder the ladies do feel this way about it.

Are ladies into convertibles now? I saw quite a few driving the 206cc. Those young, up-and-coming bank execs, I suppose.

What's your drive, btw?

You mentioned "best made of their class" - what is their class? Do you mean semi-prestigious? And what do you mean by "executive class"? What's the difference between "executive" and "luxury" class?

Who drives VWs? You think family-type people drive VWs? Or the yuppies? Or the people who can't afford Volvos?

ladies would probably go for it. in the uk, it'll probably be called a hairdressers' car. I know lady who drives a 206CC and we have several rides. It is a nice car, but perhaps not for family person and not for our hot humid weather..... [:/] but did love the folding roof trick and the clarion sound system [thumbsup]

oh, i drive a toledo, u?

their class, meaning like for the Passat, it is in the Family Car class, together with the Vectra, Camry and Mondeo. For the Golf, it is in the Family Hatch class, together with the Megane, the Latio Sport, the Astra....

Small Executive would refer to the Lexus IS, the BMW 3, the Merc C

Med Executive would refer to the Lexus GS/ES, BMW 5, the Merc E

Big Executive/Luxury would refer to the Lexus LS, the BMW 7, the Merc S and probably the RR Phantom

Who drive VWs? probably those who can afford to pay a huge premium for a car [:p] But i don't think it would be people who can't afford Volvos, but rather those who want a cheaper Audi. Cos Volvos and VWs are very different.

For the Polo, it'll probably for someone who can afford a bigger car, but like something small and cute, coupled with VW built quality.

For the Golf? dunno.... the Astra is probably a better option. But the GTI is different, as it has the 2.0TFSi and DSG, and it is a really good car. So these guys know what they want. The A3 sportback has the same mechanicals, but has less toys such as HIDs,etc.

who do you think drive VWs?

Neutral Newbie

I like your opinions, Fluffy. [scholar] What's a "hairdresser"? Why is that person called that?

What a coincidence - my friend sent me a survey, which was quite interesting, similar to what we were talking about, so I took part. If you are free and feel like it, go take a look: http://www.sgdev0.net/survey0604/

Anyway, I'm crazy over the open-air feel, which is why I'm even interested in the 206 in the first place.

I don't own a car, but I helped my mother decide on a Jazz only very lately through a lot of online research (a dramatic switch, considering she used to have an S40), which is why I suddenly got more interested in cars (although I've always liked the 206). I must say I'm not as passionate as you are, though, because I'm a relatively new driver.

Who drives VWs?

I'm really not sure, which is why I asked you. From my observation, it's younger people who are less flamboyant, more pragmatic (ironic, isn't it, since they're paying a premium for something they can get cheaper if they buy other brands), and understated. They're quite confident, and the "not scared people don't know they got money" kind. So they might be some young executives, and ang mohs, and the middle execs. I say this because I think the design is not flashy, and is - frankly speaking - boring.

I might be wrong. What say you?

How different are Volvo and VW owners, you think? In my opinion, the Volvo owners are quieter, and perhaps more conservative (although that might be a moot point - VWs are already quite conservative, imo).

I don't know, maybe it's advertising that decides the kind of people who buys cars. I'll feel happy being a BMW driver because I see those ads as a tribute to my success. But VW doesn't advertise that much, does it?

Is your Toledo your first car?

Edited by Bijel