Joneses

Would you buy a Lexus from a PI?  

38 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't eat sushi.

Neutral Newbie

Now that Lexus has been selling in Japan for some time, will the PIs ever bring in a Lexus model? [:/]

If they do, will you buy from them? [gossip]

↡ Advertisement

Other than the normal servicing and oil change, PIs can't even support the proper maintenance of a Toyota, not to mention the Lexus.

Wait until you encounter an ECU or engine-internal related problem, you are on your own.

And if you crash a Toyota model that is not carried by Borneo Motor, then good luck to you. Indenting the spare body panel will take long long.

i personally do not trust PI's for their aftersales service, especially recalls etc. furthermore, since you have the money to buy a lexus, might as well buy it from BM with their big difference in treatment compared to toyota.

No way.. too risky, if u can afford cars in these ranges.. there is no need to skimp on that few thousand for risky after sale service

Neutral Newbie

There used to be PI models, weren't there? The Altezza, Windom, Soarer, Harrier... But seriously, if i were to get one, i'll get it from the distributor for peace of mind... [thumbsup]

eddie (90085584)

>> There used to be PI models, weren't there? The Altezza, Windom, Soarer, Harrier... But seriously, if i were to get one, i'll get it from the distributor for peace of mind... Thumbs Up >>

Those were sold under toyata :D

Lexus only sell their cars to authorised distributors... not any TD or H can import lexus wor... that's part of the lexus philosophy [inlove]

Neutral Newbie
Now that Lexus has been selling in Japan for some time, will the PIs ever bring in a Lexus model? [:/]

Many dudes who wanna "own" a lexus but no money will go with PI simple

Don't think any PI will import Lexus. Its price in Japan is very high. Not like the old day re-badged Toyota. The Lexus sold by BM is relatively cheap in Singapore. Don't think there is any margin for PI to bring in Lexus.

Turbocharged

if i can afford a lexus, no way i will risk my head on a chopping board....no point saving tens of grands to get screwed.... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

now this makes sense.. [idea]

i guess toyota parent is doing all the lexus distribution, customer service and maintanence in Japan so that it can swallow all the extra luxury markups, unlike their toyota badged cousins which i am told has a huge, complicated, multi-tiered network of distributers to cater to mass market

If i could afford to get a Lexus, definately the local agent will get to earn my $ [:p] My point of view is similar to those which most of the bros here have mentioned [nod] Sekali we are unlucky enough to kenna some major technical issue which i think the PIs would not be able to assist much on it other than the normal wear & tear stuff which they could handle [:p]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

lets take the march reg. SC430 for example, for a coe of $12.5k, the total cost, based on OMV of S$62.7k, is S$160k.. the listed selling price at BM? S$258k. [dizzy]

But if PI selling at S$25k markup i.e. sell at S$185k, will you bite?

i must admit the S$258k is only the listed price.. with tough negotiating [furious] , you can probably get $10-15k price reduction plus another $5k worth of freebies thrown in and an additional overtrade of another S$5k for your old car body. [thumbsup]

add: but this is all wishful thinking as it has been pointed out that lexus cannot be bought at distributor price in japan [angel]

Edited by Joneses

until the Lexus brand is officially launched in Japan, you can't find any original Lexus from Japan (all Lexus models are for export markets to dealers only) ... unless the local PIs rebadge it themselves...

else, it'll be JDM equivalents like Celsior, Windom, Harrier etc...

if any PI were to bring it in, most likely it'll be richburg that will have the sales and service support...

just an opinion....

↡ Advertisement