Would you buy a Lexus from a PI?

Joneses

Would you buy a Lexus from a PI?  

38 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't eat sushi.

Yupe .... Lexus are for those-know-a-little-bit-but-willing-to-pay-a-lot-more people. In Japan, same car is just called Toyota. Many PIs bring in cars like Toyota Harrier, Mark X etc which are "Lexus" equivalent models in JP market.

Similar analogy - you can pay $20 to eat chicken rice in 5-star hotel. Or go 5-star Hainanese Chicken Rice Restaurant and pay $5 to eat chicken rice.

↡ Advertisement

lets take the march reg. SC430 for example, for a coe of $12.5k, the total cost, based on OMV of S$62.7k, is S$160k.. the listed selling price at BM? S$258k.

But if PI selling at S$25k markup i.e. sell at S$185k, will you bite?

[shocked] That sure is tempting to buy from a PI should they really are able to bring in Lexus [nod][;)]

Do you know the E200's omv is about 40-50k, yet is sold by C&C for 200k?

Same goes for the 3 series, hence the huge discounts possible from the list price of 150k to about 120-130k region

The markup for luxury cars here is incredible

Neutral Newbie

yup.. list price for lux marques are not very indicative because usually can get massive cash discounts, freebies and extra trade-in value.. but must [furious]

Neutral Newbie

if i am not wrong, it is officially launched in japan no? maybe i am mistakened [laugh]

Neutral Newbie
Now that Lexus has been selling in Japan for some time, will the PIs ever bring in a Lexus model? [:/]

If they do, will you buy from them? [gossip]

Stupid Poll .....what has eating sushi got to do with the issue at hand? So if the question is that of PIs bringing in a Tata vehicle, would it be "I don't eat dosai"?

Or PI bringing in a Cherry .."I don't eat pau"?

Or PI bringing in a Proton ..."I don't eat nasi lemak"?

Or PI bringing in a Lincoln ...."I don't eat steaks"?

Duh .....

Turbocharged

OT..

Saw the new IS yesterday. Touched and felt it in the flesh.

Verdict --> It sucks. No offense to Lexus drivers. My opinion only and you know opinions being a biatch and etc. I didn't even bother to test drive it.