Cannot open car door!

Spherex

What car seems so high tech?

normal jap sedan

i google online and found several threads of such cases.

Cars that are parked near to telco or radio station with high frequency transmission will interfer with our car remote control

next week, i will go there and test again.

↡ Advertisement

for me, I will smash the window to save my kid.

compare to a life, car window is absolutely no value

I would not smash the window if it's my MIL.

I would just ask her to unlock from the inside.

:D

car batt going flat soon?

no, car battery level is high (around 10 months old amaron bat). i went to ws to check after the incident.

so now i suspect is the signal interference around the area.

Did anyone ever experience not able to open the car door due to signal interference from nearby building?

Twice (within 2 weeks), I parked same stretch of lot at Blk 31 Kelantan Road, MSCP (DSC Clinic). 
Facing Kim Hoe Centre, Ah Boy bike shop (along Kelantan Lane)

The car remote not able to sense the signal from the vehicle (remote kept on blinking red light).
At first, I thot the remote battery low (But I just changed  1-2 weeks ago).

Walk to Mustafa, bought a new battery for the remote. Still cannot open.
Have to use the car key (in the remote) to unlock the door.
Took me about 8 tries (to start engine) for the remote to sense the car system signal.

I experienced this once in Australia when we went up to a mountain and there is a huge radio antenna there. The car rental company also pre-warned us that the alarm don't work up there so don't be surprised. But for your situation, that stretch got strong radio signal meh??

Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 1

Had same problem once a blue moon. The most recent occurrence, I got panicked for awhile as it was raining heavily and I was carrying my baby. Then my wife(who knows nuts about cars) asked: why don't you use the key and open, like how we enter our house?

I felt so dumb for awhile.

i remember i saw a small satelite dish around that area. i will survey the area again and paotoh to the authority if any. 

i always park at this MSCP whenever i go to this area for food. If i park my car facing those Blk 28 or 29, no problem at all.

Turbocharged

no, car battery level is high (around 10 months old amaron bat). i went to ws to check after the incident.

so now i suspect is the signal interference around the area.

i had the same incident as you in feb. car batt was only 2 months old. and it went flat within 3 hours (I drove to somewhere for dinner, parked and after dinner, the symptoms appeared). that's why i thought you might have encountered same as me.

Did anyone ever experience not able to open the car door due to signal interference from nearby building?

Twice (within 2 weeks), I parked same stretch of lot at Blk 31 Kelantan Road, MSCP (DSC Clinic).

Facing Kim Hoe Centre, Ah Boy bike shop (along Kelantan Lane)

The car remote not able to sense the signal from the vehicle (remote kept on blinking red light).

At first, I thot the remote battery low (But I just changed 1-2 weeks ago).

Walk to Mustafa, bought a new battery for the remote. Still cannot open.

Have to use the car key (in the remote) to unlock the door.

Took me about 8 tries (to start engine) for the remote to sense the car system signal.

I was at the same carpark this afternoon.

Not go DSC hor but went to eat black white fish soup.

No such problem. And those cars around me also swee swee.......

• Praise 1

And keep pressing the lock button so she cannot get out [laugh]  [sly]

• Praise 2

Or just pretend to hand signal say lock spoil and u going to find locksmith and ask her to sit and wait inside while u go for a cup of coffee
  • Praise 1

i remember i saw a small satelite dish around that area. i will survey the area again and paotoh to the authority if any.

i always park at this MSCP whenever i go to this area for food. If i park my car facing those Blk 28 or 29, no problem at all.

you can park at beauty world or bukit timah hill view. There couple of huge disk there.

as a matter of sharing I heard those staying at hillview have problem with their TV digital antenna reception. I heard it from Harvey Norman sales.

Or just pretend to hand signal say lock spoil and u going to find locksmith and ask her to sit and wait inside while u go for a cup of coffee ððð

get a piece of cloth and stuff it into the exhaust.
  • Praise 1

you can park at beauty world or bukit timah hill view. There couple of huge disk there.

as a matter of sharing I heard those staying at hillview have problem with their TV digital antenna reception. I heard it from Harvey Norman sales.

Later I will detour and drive to the same carpark to test again and show it to my family members. that this area got signal interference. Not my car spoilt.

Cos they kept giving me excuse, dangerous to drive to Malaysia and Thailand blah blah blah.....

Later I will detour and drive to the same carpark to test again and show it to my family members. that this area got signal interference. Not my car spoilt.

Cos they kept giving me excuse, dangerous to drive to Malaysia and Thailand blah blah blah.....

do you has the spare remote key? test both and show them is the signal.

Just one more possibility for you to consider. 

The remote battery contacts might be loose. Happened to my lexus remote when I changed to brand new renata button battery just a few days ago. Did a quick fix with some tape to hold the contact tighter and problem resolved. 

Also try with your spare remote. 

Or just pretend to hand signal say lock spoil and u going to find locksmith and ask her to sit and wait inside while u go for a cup of coffee

• Praise 1

And keep pressing the lock button so she cannot get out [laugh]  [sly]

Must practice some acting skills.

Keep pressing lock put pretend its the unlock button spoilt.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Update

I just went to the MSCP around 10.45pm.

A) The stretch of lots facing Ah Boy bike shop (along Kelantan Lane) cannot detect any signal using the  remote control. Cannot lock the car door. I shifted 3 different lots.

B) I  drove the car to the opposite lots facing Blk 28 & 29, can detect signal. No problem locking/unlocking the car door.

C) I drove down the MSCP and parked beside Ah boy bike shop. Also cannot detect any signal using the remote control. Cannot lock the car door.

Anyone who goes to this area, can give it a try. Really strange. 

At least now i am relieved, there is nothing wrong with the car. It is some mysterious signal jamming in that area. Maybe car jacker hanging around there.

Must practice some acting skills.

Keep pressing lock put pretend its the unlock button spoilt. [thumbsup]

I think just ask her sit behind and activate the child proof lock
↡ Advertisement