PROBATIONARY DRIVER LICENSE STICKER??

Jeffrey

My daughter just got her driver's license and want to drive my car. She needs to put a probationary driver license plate on the front and back of the car screens. We looked around and the only plates we found are those with velcro stickers; problem with this is that if I adhere the velcro stickers to the screens, it will be difficult to eventually remove these without pulling off the V-Kool solar film installed on my car. So, I have been hunting around to find these plates in plastic sticker form but in vain. Can anyone please help? Do you know of any accessory shop that I can pick up these stickers?

↡ Advertisement

simple.. do what i did.. just slot at the bottom corner of ur windscreen.. no stickers needed.. after driving, just remove and put in glove compartment.. [:)][:)]

Forgot to mention that my car is a SUV, so can leave plastic plate at front screen, but cannot do so on back screen (no shelf). If no one can help me find a plastic sticker type plate, then I will try some of the make shift solutions recommended above. Many thanks.

My daughter just got her driver's license and want to drive my car. She needs to put a probationary driver license plate on the front and back of the car screens. We looked around and the only plates we found are those with velcro stickers; problem with this is that if I adhere the velcro stickers to the screens, it will be difficult to eventually remove these without pulling off the V-Kool solar film installed on my car. So, I have been hunting around to find these plates in plastic sticker form but in vain. Can anyone please help? Do you know of any accessory shop that I can pick up these stickers?

User Blu-Tack! Thats wat i use! easy to remove [thumbsup]

I stucked by P-plate on my V-kool-ed window.

Trust me, it can be removed safely without pulling off your solar film.

If you want to ensure that, use a dental floss and slowly floss out the p-plate. [:)]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I've used small suction plastic to hold my P-plate for 1 year and it never drop off. I remove the hook. Just use the rubber to hold the p-plate.

Can get at DIY hardware shop. It's those transparent type. Small and nice.

Edited by Qooo

(edited)

i used to jus put it at the bottom of the back wind screen.

drive by lot of road blocks...nothing happened....

but if u driving those 8 seaters cars.....use blue-tac best...

i used them on my dad's car

Edited by Thug

As a temporary measure, I just pushed-fit the plates into the corners of the front and back glass shields. Seems to hold quite well; only problem is that they are not high enough, but can live with it in the meantime.

Thanks to all for the help - this is a very helpful forum indeed!

Thanks, printing my own was considered but since my printer is not that good, and I don't have any glossy paper handy, I sort of put this option aside.

As suggested by one of the forumers here, I have now moved to using small plastic suckers to hold the plates on the front and back. Gets the job done, although not very elegantly.

Still don't understand why no emblem/sticker company is selling a Probationary Driver License Sticker. There must be quite a good demand for these - considering the large number of new drivers getting onto the roads every month!

Neutral Newbie

Maybe you can take out the three triangles and stick them together on a piece of paper. Then go and buy those big piece of plastic (those type that you put your road tax disc) and paste it on lor. But I dun know where you can get those plastic lar. Can ask around.

Your P plates got lobang at the corner, go to those mom,pop shops, selling pots and pans, and look for suction cups that will fit into that lobang, with a small snub at the end ones, I got these for my son's P plates, stick on when need to use, and easy to remove. wink.gif(Add sliva if no water la, ayiah!) No stains, no mess, no residue. smile.gif

Hammy,

When I bought the new pair of 3M Probationary License plates, I noticed that they were actually luminous coloured sheets cut into triangles and glued onto a plastic plate. So, I had the same thought as you suggested - remove the triangles and paste onto a piece of paper board, and then use a large enough plastic film to hold onto the screens. So, I went looking for a large enough plastic film ..... but could not find one! I went back to V-Kool that did up my car and asked whether they could give me a large enough V-Kool sheet to be used as a plastic film; they told me that if I did that, when I peel off the film, it will pull out the V-Kool film on the screens as well!! So, I gave up this approach.

That led me to use the rubber sucker option.

It is really amazing - just a small little problem that could easily be resolved with simple printed stickers - but none can be found!

↡ Advertisement