Engine Vibrate at idle on drive mode

Ben50

most likely cause is Engine mounting, esp if the steering is also vibrating badly.

next possible cause is EGR fault. this 1 and the rest above mentioned can b traced thru Diagnostic.

another cause is engine oil breakdown or use of very low viscosity oil which is not suitable for cars >60,000km eg 0W20.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Bro, my Pinic is already at 80KM...0W/30 will be too thin for my car engine right??

Neutral Newbie

Was driving a Kangoo.

Does engine mounting experience vibration ONLY at Sationary Position ?

My Kangoo has a mild vibration when starting the engine or sometime at stationary position.

But since i bring my kangoo to service at CAS, changing brake pad, brake shoe, changing to synthetic oil from mineral oil.... Found the vibration is stronger than usual and it EVEN vibrate or rather the engine seem to 'push' the vehicle forward...

Does mixing of mineral oil and synthetic oil has any avast effect on a vehicle ?

Does engine mounting also causes a vechicle to vibrate(pushing forward) even when a vehicle is moving ?

Neutral Newbie

Sorry bro, I really do not know the answers.

Any bro can help Fnscasey???

nope... most likely is oil pressure but

you should not mix mineral and synthetic ( i think if you do oil change is ok)

Neutral Newbie

So mineral and synthetic should not be mixed ?

Went to C#S for their service package and it comes with Fully synthetic oil change of 4L.

So the mechanic will not drain away the mineral oil and just top up with the synthetic oil !

I thought they will at least inform or suggested to have an oil change to use synthetic oil... How would i know if mineral oil and synthetic oil can be mixed ?

Neutral Newbie

Went down to a workshop recommended by ppl.... Told him my problem ( engine seem like pulling and pushing my car)

Test drive my kangoo for a few round, say that it is not engine mounting but mainly the injector is clog and so when u are driving the diesel cannot flow smoothly causes the 'pull ans push' problem.

Ask me to buy those STP addivities to clean it...... But will take 1-2 weeks to slove my problem...

How true is this ?

↡ Advertisement