Engine Vibrate at idle on drive mode

Ben50

i dun drivel diesel i wun really know but ur kangoo pretty new right? should not b too serious lah. but one thing i know is not to try focus too much on the problem as it will magnifest pyschologically. ie it will grow on u.

also try to keep steady speed driving is important. sudden stop will result in excessive gas buildup in the crankcase also. this may cause juttering. same as in too high or too low.

and very impt watever u pop into the ride, check the exhaust. u duwan have white smoke also.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

There you go:

The purpose of the exhaust pipe is to discharge CO2. It is a colourless and harmless gas. On cold mornings, you might see white smoke when starting your vehicle. This is normal condensation of moisture in the pipes. However, if you see coloured smoke (white, black, blue) coming out even after the engine has heated up, its time to do some checking of your car.

Black Smoke

Black smoke is caused by excess petrol that has entered the cylinders, and cannot be burnt completely.

Black smoke will:

1. Reduce the fuel economy of your car

2. Reduce engine performance

3. Cause a foul ordor

The usual causes of black smoke are:

my honda civic 2006 - 17000KM .. started to vibrate recently when on idle mode and while waiting at red light. can feel the seat vibrate...wat could be the problem? im sending to Kah Motor soon...

got to make sure if it is really the engine vibrating cos for my case i found out it was my faulty aircon compresssor causing the vibes. turn on and off your aircon to determine. otherwise, it could sometimes be a lengthy affair trying to determine the cause.

yeah i think my honda is vibrating due to air con...but aircon is still working cold le...

My ride also start to vibrate recently when stop at Red light.

Mine is kind of strange, initally won't feel much vibration, but if the red light is longer and need to stop for longer period, then i will free the vibration getting stronger.

I don't have this problem until recently i went back to agent to reset ECU because the engine check light come out.

could it be ECU reset that cause this problem?

will the vibration go away after ECU learn and adjust after the reset?

my ride is only 7000 km mileage.

when u drive. do u hear like "chain dragging on the road" sound?

Yes, wat RON are u using and u driving wat car?

Some suspect:

- wrong RON

- Filter clogged

- O2 Sensor/connector off

- Spark Plug not positioned or installed properly

Rgds

no, i do not hear like "chain dragging on the road" sound.

just tat i felt the vibration in the steering wheel and sometimes the car seat,

not really heavy vibraiton, just mild one.

my ride is a Latio.

i am on RON 95.

like wat u say, i also suspect the spark plug not position correctly,

so do you think i can wait until end Nov during my 10K servicing to report?

or should i pay the TCM a visit ***n?

I'm not sure how much vibration you are sensing. One of the best way is to seat on another Latio similar to yours and compare.

Improperly seated plugs and plug chambers not sealed properly can lead to severe vibration as well. This is simple to resolve, just take all plugs out and reseat them, and seal them up tight and proper.

Check the wires to the O2 sensors too on the intake. These might be loose and irregular connections that will cause your mixture to be too lean/Rich...

Rgds

Hi,

My ride same with bro sword28, same vibration on middle console and steering column. after my 10k servicing. Also can hear the "chain dragging on the road" in cold weather and low speed. Using RON 95 too, 10w30 M1 oil.

Reported to TC during my 20k and 30k servicing, 30k servicing think they tuned my idle rpm higher, resetted my ECU, and did something to engine mount (notice the screws been changed). After a while, the vibration returns, but this time round the vibration is much lesser...

What do U suggest? Should I go back to TC this afternoon to have them ride the car with me?

Cheers.

when u drive. do u hear like "chain dragging on the road" sound?

Yes, wat RON are u using and u driving wat car?

Some suspect:

- wrong RON

- Filter clogged

- O2 Sensor/connector off

- Spark Plug not positioned or installed properly

Rgds

↡ Advertisement