• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
248 replies to this topic | 18 praises

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:32 PM

Ken79
  • Ken79
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone here can advise on the above tires? I was introduced by the salesman when I was
looking to change my tires.The side of my front tires already Botak so think it is time to change a new set. I was quoted $115 per piece for 15" and the salesman told me I will not regret getting it. I better seek some gurus here to advise before I buy. Please advise if you have use this model before. confused.gif

Edited by Laserjet, 09 July 2014 - 03:35 PM.

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:58 PM

Nine_eleven
  • Premium member
    Nine_eleven
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

T1R IS a very reputable tire...

but as for the price, i can't comment coz i dunno the market price...

perhaps other bros here can contribute

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:07 PM

Ken79
  • Ken79
    Clutched
    Author Image

Thanks bro, btw here is the link for those who wanted to know more.

http://www.toyojapan.../proxes_t1r.pdf

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:38 PM

Clio
  • Clio
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

anybody ever switch from AD07 to T1R?
any review or comparison?

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:53 PM

Dexlee
  • Dexlee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

yes, u won't regret it. I am presently using this tire and the grip is super i would say. T1R is a performance tire, not those comfort type. FYI, the Fast&Furious Tokyo drift is also using TOYO tires.

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:04 PM

Ken79
  • Ken79
    Clutched
    Author Image

In term of the noise level,how will you rate it from 1 - 10?
I'm using Falken 512 at present and the noise is unbearable after 30K.. sweatdrop.gif

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:08 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Bah, the fast and the furious is like initial D. Full of BS!!

They're using Toyo as toyo is the major sponsor in most drift events and its trying to market its tyres as drift tyres (have u seen the red and blue smoke tyres?) As such it happily bid heaps to sponsor the movie.

that being said, the T1R is a very good tyre. grip wise its better than the F1's and close to the AD07's in the dry. Wet grip is above average as compared to all the other tyres in its league. Price wise its still very cheap in most places except Aust and the US where they have happily marked its price up.

My only issue with it is that when it gives up, it does so without any warning. Its predictable in this and fine for people who do know its limits, but not good for the average driver as they won't know when the car will lose traction and skid.

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:21 PM

Dexlee
  • Dexlee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

bro, I am confused by ur last paragraph on u are worry that the tire gives up without any warning. What do u mean by "gives up without warning"? Punctured or skid? what kind of tire will give u warning when it about to puncture or skid?

Normally, ppl would change tire every 40000km or 2 yrs or by observing the tread left(depending on how u drive also), not waiting till the car start to skid and lose traction then they go change it.
drivingcar.gif

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:23 PM

Dexlee
  • Dexlee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I have not reach 30000km on this tire yet but as far as i know for performance tire, the noise level will definitely be higher than those comfort and silence type. U can't have the best of both world right.

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:26 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

it means that when you're taking a corner very fast, you cant feel the tyre starting to give way or hear screetching till a split second before it totally loses traction.

basically you feel you have full traction one minute and the next your car is either understeering or oversteering without warning. But of course this is pushing the car. v.good for drift though, makes it easier to get good angles.

"I drift not because it is a quicker way around a corner, but it is the most exciting way"
- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:39 PM

Chongsv
  • Chongsv
    Clutched
    Author Image

ken79,

T1-R is a gripy tyre,wet and try..noise is much better than 512..u won't regret..

JB selling about RM240 to RM260 for this model (195/55R15)

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:05 PM

Ken79
  • Ken79
    Clutched
    Author Image

Chongsv,

Thanks alot. Will be getting it this weekend and post my review here after trying out few days. drivingcar.gif

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:41 PM

Teddi
  • Teddi
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I am using 205/55/R16 T1R for 10 months and had clocked 18K. Here is my feedback:

1. Better in all areas as compared to G3 & SP9000
2. Quieter than F1 for sure but F1 wins in Wet & Wet braking distance
3. Tyre is progressive. Gives good feedback to the driver, but I notice after 15K of use
its progressive nature decreases.

The only complaint for me on T1R is a longer wet braking distance as compared to F1 GSD3.

I chose T1R over F1 GSD3 are:
- a stiffer side wall, good for corners
- slightly lower price
- Quieter

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:55 PM

King
  • King
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Bah, the fast and the furious is like initial D. Full of BS!!

They're using Toyo as toyo is the major sponsor in most drift events and its trying to market its tyres as drift tyres (have u seen the red and blue smoke tyres?) As such it happily bid heaps to sponsor the movie.

that being said, the T1R is a very good tyre. grip wise its better than the F1's and close to the AD07's in the dry. Wet grip is above average as compared to all the other tyres in its league. Price wise its still very cheap in most places except Aust and the US where they have happily marked its price up.

My only issue with it is that when it gives up, it does so without any warning. Its predictable in this and fine for people who do know its limits, but not good for the average driver as they won't know when the car will lose traction and skid.

that meant is not a progressive tyres..when it break traction, it just break without warning like AD07...
I accept the facts that a lot of drivers are
LAZY
LOUSY
and
Stupid!

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:39 PM

Elfenstar
  • Premium member
    Elfenstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yup, pretty much. I would like to comment more on why i think the AD07's are better but they were in a 195 and 205/60 profile and the proxes were a 225 and 225/45 profile.

- Keiichi Tsuchiya

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:26 AM

King
  • King
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i saw the new RT615...profile 205/50/15R sly.gif
my front i use thios tyres, my rear i use 195/55/15R AD07 sly.gif
I accept the facts that a lot of drivers are
LAZY
LOUSY
and
Stupid!

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:30 AM

Gary84
  • Premium member
    Gary84
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

yah used to be on 326, and its already very noisy and i heard 512 is even worse than that... sweatdrop.gif

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:30 AM

Gary84
  • Premium member
    Gary84
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

RT 615.... thumbsup.gif

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:32 AM

Gary84
  • Premium member
    Gary84
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Call up Robert of Hong Tyres and ask...he has got reasonable prices for his tyres...64660027

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:28 PM

Octopus
  • Premium member
    Octopus
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Anyone here can advise on the above tires? I was introduced by the salesman when I was
looking to change my tires.The side of my front tires already Botak so think it is time to change a new set. I was quoted $115 per piece for 15" and the salesman told me I will not regret getting it. I better seek some gurus here to advise before I buy. Please advise if you have use this model before.

Bro, here's a tyre review dated year 2005, which was posted by another MCF bro sometime back...
http://www.caranddri...rticle_id=10252
Among the review were the following tyres being tested...
a) BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD
b) Bridgestone Potenza RE050A
c) Continental ContiSportContact 2
d) Dunlop SP Sport Maxx
e) Goodyear Eagle F1
f) Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212
g) Kumho Ecsta MX
h) Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
i) Pirelli P Zero Rosso Asimmetrico
j) Toyo Proxes T1R
k) Yokohama Advan Neova AD07

Toyo Proxes T1R was ranked 8th placed in this review...
http://www.caranddri...read-page6.html

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Toyo Proxes T1R

Toyo Proxes T1R  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Galantspeedz  |  2Fast2Furious

Good all rounder tyre

Used it for 2 cars, 3 sets... handles well especially during rainy days or while driving through puddles. Feel is a good mix of dry and wet grip. Drive at high speeds for sustained period of time with no problems. However tyres need fr... » Read More

Toyo Proxes T1R

Toyo Proxes T1R  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Achtung  |  Turbocharged

Best bang for the buck 20" tyres

Was looking to replaced my Goodyear tyres. Went to AL Tyres at Paya Lebar and bought a set of 4 brand new Toyo T1R with size 255/30/20 at mid S$3*0 each. Most other brands, with the exception of Indonesian and Korean made tyres, are selling i... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : TOYO PROXES

Quick Reply

Tags: toyo, proxes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users