TOYO PROXES T1R

Ken79

Aiya ABBA,

Why so kancheong and worked up over tyre debate. if u find yr tyre good, stick to it. But others may find other tyres better, for whatever reasons...such as different car from yours or different driving habits and preference. I also got friedns who claim PS2 is best, others who claimed TOYO better(despite those review results), and others who only swear by Dunlop, or Bridgestone.

At the end of the day, u like it and felt right on yr car thats most important. Just like humans buying shoes, my friend always buy bailey expensive shoes nia whereas for poor beng like me I only buy bata shoes(BATA = Buy And Throw Away)

Edited by Ahbengdriver

Neutral Newbie

haha, thanks bro but it doesn't affect my blood pressure. In fact I enjoy a very good laugh that ppl actually brag about such a normal and pay thru their nose for it thinking that it's heaven sent by god [dizzy]

A soft sidewall tyre with comfy characteristics positioned as a UHPT, heh heh heh. Who'll buy that [shocked] No wonder "never placed higher than eighth in any test, and in two dry tests, the autocross and the skidpad, the Toyo finished last, trailing the top finishers by significant margins. " [thumbsdown]

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/10252...read-page6.html

If anyone has used Toyo ViMode and T1R before they'll know in a blind test there's nothing much to tell them apart. Whao !! and Toyo charges a high premium for T1R, an arm and a leg. [lipsrsealed] ViMode only cost S$150 in JB (after conversion), just guess how over price they R [lipsrsealed]

Have you considered the fact, that has been repeated ad nauseam in this tread, people might actually not want a UHPT because it is noisy and uncomfortable.

I have used the ViMode before. The T1-R is a much better tire in terms of grip and noise. I think the T1-R is a cheap tire compared to the PS2, which it is very similar to.

I don't know any UHPT that has a Threadwear of >200. Even the Bridgestome RE050A is Threadwear 140. The T1-R is not an UHPT!

Ultimately, I have little faith in a tire that claims to be designed for Sepang and then splits apart on Sepang. Federal has been reviewed by my group of track nut friends to be very lousy tires. At first we went with an opened and excited mind to purchase and try out the new alternative tire. It was such a disappointment to see it perform poorly to the point of catastropic failure. We were lucky that the two cars were not damaged.

I will track the T1-R in December and see how it holds out.

Neutral Newbie

Do let us all noe how T1R struggles to hold a 500bHp+ Evo on Sepang when it T1R can even hold a standard Evo on the streets. [dead]

T1R is quieter than Sports Maxx. I highly recommend this tyre if your profile fits me, i.e. enthusiastic street driver with occassional track (not hardcore trackie).

The rubber compound is definitely of the soft type. After driving and properly heated up, I could see and feel it's stickiness.

Just went through some wet driving today when it rained. Handling and traction is spot on.

Many favourable user comments here:

http://www.1010tires.com/tirereviews/Toyo_...re_reviews.html

Edited by Vblaster_w211

did not want to comment cuz duno much abt tires.

and i read with interest abt the good and bad tires and i think it is benefical for someone like me that know nuts abt it.

but as the thread goes on, i realised that u r just insisting your own opinion on others and keep repeating it.

IMHO

It becomes obvious when one pushes too much in one direction, doesn't it? [;)]

Price depends on the profile. I'll give a range.

Expect to pay less than $200 for 215/45R17 and $200+ for 225/45R17. I got them from Yap Bro at Paya Ubi.

Neutral Newbie

"never placed higher than eighth in any test, and in two dry tests, the autocross and the skidpad, the Toyo finished last, trailing the top finishers by significant margins. "

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/10252...read-page6.html

Bro,

I dun work for Car N Driver; Car n Driver does independant testing. so It's not my opinion.

I was con by Y** bro and blew >$800on a set of CRAP rubbers. Sold it after 2000km and loss $300. That's a lot for 2 wks of use

the general public shld know not to listen to a selected few and get con. Not sure how they may be connected to T*Y* of Y*P bro

There are lots of rubbers avail with better perf for the same cost or even less than T1R

yes u may feel that u been conned, etc but u muz understand that different people has different expectations of their tires. it may not to live up to your expectations but it may do for some and vice versa.

ok lets see, even if i dun listen to them, my gf's bro which is a MY living in MY is also currently Toyo tires and he swears by it too.

IMHO, a tire does not have to be UHP tires to cost alot, as long as it gives the driver what they want, i think this will more than substantiate the high cost. dun u think so? even for just that slightly more quietness and comfort, there are alot that is willing to pay more and of cuz there is also the 'face' problem [sweatdrop]

I was con by Y** bro and blew >$800on a set of CRAP rubbers. Sold it after 2000km and loss $300. That's a lot for 2 wks of use

the general public shld know not to listen to a selected few and get con. Not sure how they may be connected to T*Y* of Y*P bro

Be careful of what you're trying to insinuate here.

It seems YOU are the "select few dead against this tyre, while more of us are for it as it suits our purpose. So by your insinuation, a good percentile of IntegraSG members are "connected to Toyo of Yap Bro!"

Edited by Vblaster_w211

IMO, Hankook tires are overpriced. i was quoted $105 for 15" V8. for goodness, its only V8 and so much expensive! in the end settle for ST115.

Hankook is a korean tire and shld be priced similarly to kumho

Neutral Newbie

Big deal a few Integra drivers find them gd [dizzy]

A wider marque of car owners find T1R not up to par. Nothiung to scream abt, worst still it cost so much pretending to be a perf tyre when it's only a gd normal street tyre. It may suit the needs of some but it's still not worth the $$ neither shld it be in UHPT category.

Neutral Newbie

So Lexus shld be similarly priced as Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsu ... [dizzy]

BS, shld be priced with Falk [dizzy]

U know why ST115 is cheap, cos Falk is the tiniest tyre mfg in Jpn. [:/]

Hankook is largest Korean Mfg, it has better Pdts than Kumho. Hankook performance is on par with many Jap & EU tyres and even beats some of them. [flowerface]

Not so lah, my friend got the hankook V8. in less than 2 weeks, his car skidded and collide with a car. he was not travelling fast. i was the one who asked him to try hankook, now feeling a bit paiseh.

So far my ST115 still good in terms of grip compared to his V8, and its cheaper. so i dun care whether the mfg is big or not as long as the tire is good

Neutral Newbie

many reasons why skid; lift off oversteer, basically >90% of the time it is bec going too fast. To claim Insur, no sane person would say he was going fast [laugh]

↡ Advertisement