Reviaval of SEAT brand ??

Mel4fun

Neutral Newbie
Saw in the Car buyers guide - Advance Auto talking about revival of SEAT brand.

Hmm.......faithful owners....maybe your wait is over soon.... sly.gif

When it becomes official then can talk....... [sunny]

Had enough of anxiety attacks whenever there's talk of new Seat agent.... [laugh]

Anyway, don't mind the new Leon though...... [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Somehow, it's surprising that u can get any car brand in Cheena except Seat! But u can see Tody Mk1 and Cordy around here re-badged as Chery. [hur]

Saw in the Car buyers guide - Advance Auto talking about revival of SEAT brand.

Hmm.......faithful owners....maybe your wait is over soon.... sly.gif

Was passing by Leng Kee today and decided to pop in to Advance to take a look, thinking they may be selling their C4 at buy 1 get 1 free promotion. [laugh] True enuf, they hv just lelong their last showroom C4 at just $69k [:/] Now left with 14 C5s and a handful of C3s, all selling at "never-before" prices.

Do I sound like hijacking this thread?.....wait!

The only SE left in the showroom said they r "almost there" with the Seat dealership!!

And guess who takes over Citroen?? The answer is shocking...

Cycle & Carriage [sly]

(edited)
I miss my tody!!!!

I like your photos of the SEAT Toledo. Almost bought one from Barcelona Motors and they closed down and there was no distributor for SEAT anymore.

I have bought a Nissan Sylphy and am amazed at how the rear/trunk is almost the same! Both cars have a high bootline with a short boot lid.

Glad to see that SEAT will make it back to Singapore.

post-22-1153457686_thumb.jpg

Edited by Clement

Neutral Newbie

No offence bro ..... no matter how similar ....they are NEVER the same !

You have to own one to know. ...... smile.gif

What I am saying is that the rear and boot design are quite similar. I am in no way implying that the Sylphy and Toledo are similar in terms of the driving experience. I have driven the Toldeo before, it's an exceptional car in terms of handling and road holding. Of course, no Jap car can compare to it. No offence intended.

hiya clement,

sorry, but i fail to see where the rear quarters and the boot design is similar. The toledo has a one piece rear light cluster, similar to the toledo mk I, however, the Sylphy has a 2 piece, similar to the Altis

the rear window shape of the toledo is also different and is rounded, compared to the Sylphy which has edges and follows after the Cefiro.

The rear bumper is also different in both

which areas are they similar in? perhaps you can point it out so we can understand better.

thanks, bro

Neutral Newbie

Same thing I ask myself whenever I see a Tody on the road.

What the heck was I thinking when I wanted to sell off. hur.gif ....now everytime will start to take reference (comparision) with the Tody. unimpressed.gif

Only can blame myself ... butt itchy tongue.gif

Especially when you get to see your ex-ride .......it really make me feel sucky how the Tody actually handles better then my current ride. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Neutral Newbie

Hi Clement,

I think I got what you meant.

If you are refering to the size of the boot ... yeah. Loads of car having big boot nowadays, which is thumbsup.gif for family oriented owners.

Nevertheless, I cannot make any reference to the similarity among the two car....but again, I've never own the Sylphy so cannot comment on other aspect.

smile.gif

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, Haha. Well, guess first love will always remain as first love even though you have moved on...:) Pretty much like remembering your first g/f, will never forget LOL.

Neutral Newbie

Yeah .... although the Tody is not the first, it is definitely one of the better ones !

Wifey also take reference to the Tody whenever we are comparison to some of the features offered on the rides in the market.

She would say : "...but the Toledo already has that feature, right ? "....

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif