• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:51 AM

Evow123
  • Evow123
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

50,000 units in 8 months

[*]More than 50,000 new S-Class sedans delivered to customers worldwide since market launch in September 2005

[*]US and Germany top performing sales markets for the luxury sedan

[*]S-Class is also the world market leader among diesel-powered luxury sedans

Only eight months after the European premiere of the new S-Class, sales of the sedan have
topped 50,000 units. “The new S-Class has been met with great response worldwide, and our
flagship vehicle claimed its position as the world’s best-selling luxury sedan immediately
following its market launch in September 2005,” says Dr. Klaus Maier, member of the
Mercedes Car Group Management Board responsible for Sales and Marketing. “The car’s
innovations in particular have been groundbreaking for the automotive industry, and they are
the primary reason why the S-Class has maintained a unique status within the luxury segment
for decades.” The vehicle’s innovations include several new safety features, such as Brake
Assist PLUS with radar sensors, the anticipatory occupant protection system PRE-SAFE with
an expanded range of functions, and a night-vision assistant equipped with infrared
technology.

The new S-Class got off to a particularly successful start in its home market of Germany. In the
first five months of 2006, the number of customers who opted to buy the top-of-the-line
Mercedes-Benz model exceeded the combined total of those who purchased the two
competing German cars. The new Mercedes-Benz flagship model has been available in the
US, its main sales market, since February. S-Class sales have been far stronger there than
the figures posted for its German and Asian competitors. Only one month after the market
introduction of the Diesel-variants in February, the S Class had regained its internationally
leading position in the market for diesel-powered luxury sedans.

The most popular S-Class engine variant is the S 500, which has been the choice of more
than 40 percent of all customers since the vehicle was introduced.

Edited by Evow123, 21 June 2006 - 12:13 PM.

///AMG EL ILLUMINATED Stainless Steel Door Sills, Gear Knob, Door Pins, Neck Pillows & Seat Belt Pads
http://www.sgmerc.com

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:57 AM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

woow impressive sales ! What made the S-class so attractive....which feature sells?
===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:10 PM

Slee
  • Slee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

was not attracted initially but it grew on me and I think it really looks very handsome and opulent ...

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:47 PM

Jolie888
  • Jolie888
    Banned

I will put my money on the new Mercedes Benz S Class. thumbsup.gif
Definitely better than the Thai-assembled BMW 7-Series we get here. thumbsdown.gif

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:39 PM

Gary84
  • Premium member
    Gary84
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

huh?!....the BMW 7 series is manufactured in Thai???

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:46 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

huh?!....the BMW 7 series is manufactured in Thai???
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:49 PM

Miketow
  • Miketow
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hiyah, new model mah...of course sales must beat that of its chief competitor, the 7!

If after billions of dollars of redevelopment - the new S Class sales cannot beat an aging 7 Series in sales in the first months, lagi mati man. thumbsdown.gif

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:00 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Every 3 to 3.5 years, a new merc s class and bMW 7 series will emerge alternatively. maybe Merc and BMW pakart one. When the next 7 series arrives, am sure the will achieve similar sales nos.

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:10 PM

Miketow
  • Miketow
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yah they will take turns to lead the sales charts - they will also copy each other's design DNA to ensure success.

Look at the backside of the new S-Class - copy the one element that looked ugly on the 7 series (other then the headlights). Same backside style - Mercedes just made it look even uglier. laugh.gif

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:14 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

yeah now BMW want to be the pioneer again in so many ways they have, this time they intend to fit their top end cars with Infra-red sensors to detect objects/pedestrains in dimly lighted areas..wahh..machiam like SAF 21 laugh.gif if they do go ahead, am sure one fine day mercedes or even lexus wld have the same.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:27 PM

Odyssey02
  • Odyssey02
    5th Gear
    Author Image

ugly meh? i actually find the S-class' rear very bold and striking. maybe its a bias-ed viewpoint. laugh.gif

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:40 PM

Jonnybravo
  • Jonnybravo
    Banned

The new S-Class already has this feature in the car. The BMW is just gonna implement it in ALL the models of their cars.

and i do believe, they are made from the same company.

Jon

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:01 AM

Vblaster_w211
  • Vblaster_w211
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Actually, the rear of S looks way better than the 7. No way it's uglier than the 7's thumbsdown.gif

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:13 AM

Evow123
  • Evow123
    1st Gear
    Author Image

yo bro,

coming down for our meetup?? this sunday?? gossip.gif
///AMG EL ILLUMINATED Stainless Steel Door Sills, Gear Knob, Door Pins, Neck Pillows & Seat Belt Pads
http://www.sgmerc.com

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:41 AM

Sturtles
  • Premium member
    Sturtles
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Its down to personal preference i guess, but I do like the FL 7 series.. Its got a lot more presence than the new s class.. the s class... hmm... looks like a maybach... very un-eyecatching

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:38 AM

Cklasse
  • Premium member
    Cklasse
    4th Gear
    Author Image

The new S-class rear gets its inspiration from the Maybach....there is some resemblance.
I think this new model has successfully regain it's king of the road status, it looks big and luxury.
I didn't like it from the picture but the real car looks good on the road, it's the same with the CLS.

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:38 PM

Sturtles
  • Premium member
    Sturtles
    6th Gear
    Author Image

A white CLS is madly beautiful... inlove.gif, but no feel for CLS of other colours thumbsdown.gif

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:57 PM

Odyssey02
  • Odyssey02
    5th Gear
    Author Image

white? in fact i like the dark beige CLS colour.

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:12 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The next S class

Hybrid-only 2020 Mercedes S-Class to herald all-electric EQ S

https://www.autocar....l-electric-eq-s

sb1_0229.jpg?itok=gZ8Au1o3

Mercedes-Benz has gone back to the drawing board with the S-Class in a bid to provide the upcoming seventh-generation model with a range of electrified powertrains, driver assistance features, technology and outright comfort to lift it beyond rivals such as the Audi A8 and BMW 7 Series.

The new Mercedes flagship, which is due in UK showrooms next year, has been developed to support two distinctly different saloon models for the first time. While standard versions are set to receive a range of plug-in hybrid drivetrains, the German car maker also plans to introduce an aerodynamically optimised pure-electric version that insiders say will serve as the flagship model for its new EQ electric vehicle sub-brand

Badged EQ S, the new model will offer a claimed range in excess of 310 miles on the latest WLTP test cycle when it goes on sale in 2022. Plug-in hybrid versions of the S-Class will feature part-time zero-emission capability for distances of up to 62 miles, together with the option of a newly developed 4Matic four-wheel drive system with fully variable apportioning of drive between the front and rear axles. 

The EQ S forms part of Mercedes’ ÂŁ9 billion programme to introduce more than 10 dedicated electric vehicles to the UK market within the next six years. In a further change, it is believed that Mercedes-Benz has decided to do away with its long tradition of offering the standard S-Class, which goes under the internal codename W223, with two different wheelbases. Nothing is official at this stage, but it is understood that the growth of the E-Class to a length of 4920mm is behind a decision to produce the new S-Class exclusively in long-wheelbase guise, with the car measuring around 5280mm in length. 

However, while the standard S-Class sits on the MRA platform, the more technically advanced four-wheel drive EQ S will be the first Mercedes-Benz model to be based on the new modular electric architecture (MEA) platform. Unlike the structures being developed to underpin smaller EQ models, it is not based on an existing platform but has been developed as dedicated EV architecture with a flat floor to house batteries.

The drivelines set to power hybrid versions of the new S-Class are based around Mercedes’ latest 3.0-litre and 2.9-litre in-line six-cylinder petrol and diesel engines and the AMG-developed 4.0-litre V8, all of which operate in combination with a disc-shaped electric motor housed within the automatic gearbox and a lithium ion battery located in the boot floor. 

The pure-electric EQ S is set to receive two electric motors – one acting on the front axle and the other driving the rear – providing permanent four-wheel drive in all variants. In the upcoming EQ C, this set-up delivers more than 400bhp and some 516lb ft, although engineers involved on the development of the EQ S suggest it will offer even greater levels of power and torque, with a planned AMG performance model earmarked to produce more than 600bhp.

Despite the differing platforms, both the standard S-Class and the EQ S are set to share the same active suspension system. A development of the existing S-Class’s AirMatic+ system, it works in combination with a 48V electrical architecture and a stereo camera that scans the road ahead to adjust the spring and damper action on each wheel, allowing it to not only counteract body lean in corners but also to better control pitch. 

Stylistically, the new S-Class is claimed to break new ground with a lineage that sources at Mercedes-Benz’s design studio contend will influence a whole new generation of models. Recent prototype spy shots preview a design that will feature distinctive tri-band LED multibeam headlights, a new interpretation of the classic Mercedes-Benz grille and door handles that retract back into the bodywork to help improve aerodynamic properties. 

It is understood that the EQ S will adopt its own distinct styling. Reflecting the packaging advantages inherent in electric vehicles, the EQ S will receive a shorter bonnet and more heavily raked windscreen than the standard version of the new S-Class, similar to that of the Mercedes CLS

sb1_0260_0.jpg?itok=YJSQ7oko

sb1_0251.jpg?itok=aB85KKWI

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Mercedes, Benz, Class, Dominates and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users