Anyone going Sepang?

GDIzen

Neutral Newbie

There were several stretches where the downpour was quite heavy. I had a hairy moment when I was trying to overtake this big tanker at about 80km/h. He went throught a BIG puddle when I was at his rear quarter. Kenna splashed for almost 3 to 4 seconds... and all this while I was completely unsighted. When the "windscreen wash" ended I was straddling the two lanes and just 2 metres from his backside. Meanwhile, another Malaysian car was just behind me. That was close! Really glad I didn't contribute to the statistics [lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie

Lucky for you. Was driving 160-170 before hitting the brakes to slow down to 70, it was so heavy till I can only see the car in front of me only and all the hazard lights were on. Tested my tyres and they are quite good (ES100), whacked up to 180 in drizzle [thumbsup][thumbsup][:p]

Neutral Newbie

Wah you good [thumbsup][thumbsup]

In the drizzle I only went up to 150.. when I had somebody to clear the way ahead for me. Once it was a Ferarri Mondial... I didn't want to turn on high beam with cars in front so following somebody at a safe distance was still the most comfortable way without driving beyond what I can see..

Neutral Newbie

I just took the chance and slowly braked.. At least I won't run into the big guy and hopefully the guy behind me can see me braking and avoid me.

Neutral Newbie

Thats the best strategy [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Not only he clear the way for you but you can follow his tracks which will be drier [thumbsup]

Good thing I was on full load so gave me more stability [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Haha.. it was one hour before I got out of the carpark... and another 30minutes before I got out of the carpark driveway. Was almost 7 by the time we were on the NS highway [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Yah man.. I came out of the PC2 carpark only to be detoured away from the exit road. I thought it was the same as last year when they diverted cars from my area towards the kargo complex and we u-turn back to exit. But when we headed to the circle at the end of the road the way back was blocked off! Meanwhile all the cars there were just circulating around aimlessly with no where to go... What a joke.. I was following Malaysian cars thinking they knew the way.. but others were following me too. Finally, they opened up the road and we managed to head out...

Maybe next year I'll park along the road.. and cycle in [sly]

Btw where were you seated? I was at C2... thinking of trying K1 next year but C2 views are still great.

Neutral Newbie

Was at grandstand luckily [:p] Weather damn bloody hot man [thumbsdown]

When they held their 1st F1 GP, curse and swear at the traffic and carpark man!

Also hot like hell !!!!! Just don't understand the land so big and yet the infrastructure [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead][thumbsdown]

Neutral Newbie

The roads could probably do with some better traffic management...

There were so many cars going in w/o the necessary parking labels. They should've weeded them out way before instead of letting them even get near the carparks..

Edited by Yttrium

Neutral Newbie

They might be trying to buy carpark label lor. Actually they should set up booths like toll booths to allow cars with carpark labels to enter and those without and purchase at the booths. They should really look into better traffic infrastructure man [nod]

Neutral Newbie
There were several stretches where the downpour was quite heavy. I had a hairy moment when I was trying to overtake this big tanker at about 80km/h. He went throught a BIG puddle when I was at his rear quarter. Kenna splashed for almost 3 to 4 seconds... and all this while I was completely unsighted. When the "windscreen wash" ended I was straddling the two lanes and just 2 metres from his backside. Meanwhile, another Malaysian car was just behind me. That was close! Really glad I didn't contribute to the statistics lipsrsealed.gif

sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif what a close shave!