Tyre Shine

Ahbengdriver

Was not sure which subforum to post but anyway decide to post it here. I believe this has been discussed at length previously but I would like seek some advices.

Recently, my 'appertite' for detailing expanded [cool] and now I do a bi-weekly application of tyre shine. I ve tried 2 different tyre shine by Meguiar. One which is like a thickish cream and another which is the typical greasy clear liquid type. The clear type gives a better wet look but takes an awful long time to dry off. in fact it doesnt seem to drive off properly, resulting in spin off on the car body. The 'drier' cream type does not seem to spin off and dirty the car body but is less shinny, suppose to give a more natural look than wet look.

i know some people have mentioned they even use SAF Kiwi, but this also melts under hot conditions right? So bros, how to u apply a nice black tone to yr tyre which is long lasting and yet easy to manage.

↡ Advertisement

oh ! after u spread it using the sponge...do you u a cloth or somethg else to pipe it off or just basically leave the gel on the tyre?

Hypersonic

Same here, good stuff...smells good too. Juz use a sponge to apply on the tires, that's it. No need to wipe it off.

Thank you to all brudders for the quickie response. Like they say, if u go to hawker centre n see everyone queue up n wait long long at one stall, that stall's food has to be good [laugh] Since every brudder recco the endurance gel, I am going down to carrefour now to get one can [;)]

Formula 1 Black Gold is the liquid type.

If you cannot be bothered, just spray on and walk off for some rest and relax. So you got to do the tires last.

If it is too wasteful to spray, it can be applied with applicator sponge.

You apply at the groove and fine lines [sweatdrop]

U only apply at the side not on the point where your tyres contact wif road.

First is dangerous, U may just kiss some butt

(edited)

Bro, jus apply slightly more & rub harder with the sponge on the fine lines & groove will do [nod]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Hypersonic

I tink he meant those fine groove on the sidewall. My yokohama tyres got such groove on the sidewall.