Chery QQ reviews ONLY

Glyuen

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

reason being very simple... there are accidents in foreign countries involving QQ... QQ were really wrecked... there was even a case where a motorbike crashed into QQ.. motorbike still okie.. but QQ was a mess of wrecked metal...

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

there are crashs tests performed to validate according to the NCAP standard but this was not validated yet... www have the crash photos...

pretty scary stuff if you were to ask me....

Edited by Fcuk
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Review by Qq2006:

Dear ALL, FYI I am 1 of the 13 QQ cars' owner (this weekend another 30+ QQs going onto Singapore roads) till date; gotten my QQ on last Wed. 19 July. I saw the scary pictures & the chained discussion. Just wanna share my 2-cents worth:

1) Safety - Scholar all small (1,000cc or below) and budget (cost below S$35K) cars are equally fragile on the road. You just have to practise defensive driving, don't speed or try to play daytona on the roads, you are quite safe.

2) Quality - Unsure I was not quite happy with the QC std (apparently China car maker has bigger car tolerance for it's QC std. than Japan/Korea cars), especially when you look at the fine details like the bigger gaps on joints, the doors latch are not so fitting...etc.

3) Power - Thumbs Down forget about power for 812cc engine. It's definitely no match with Kelisa (I tested drive it b4, the best among the 3 cars) and Kia Picanto.

4) Fuel Consumption - Thumbs Up yet to really measure the fuel consumption for full tank. Will update you all later once I used up full tank (just top up full tank yesterday). Believe it is the most fuel economical as compared to Kelissa & Picanto.

5) Internal Fittings - It has the 1.6 litre cars' fittings, like all powered windows and SONY MP3 player.

6) Outlook - Flowerface The most appealing outlook car as compared to Kelissa & Picanto.

7) Low maintenance - about S$60~70 for normal servicing.

Sunny Recommendation: In Love Buy QQ if you rate the following as most important to you:

1) Fuel Economical - Brouchure stated 1 litre = 24km; I update u once I use up 1 full tank (35 litres full tank).

2) Eye-capturing appearance - FYI I received a lot of attention on roads and ad-hoc strangers' enquiries about it; some were attracted by the outlook and asked me what car model was that.

3) Free good-to-have kits - body kit, 13" sports rims & rear window's spoiler.

4) Low maintenance cost.

Rifle In other word, if you want power, go for Kelisa! If you want overall good looking & quality small budget car, go for Kia Picanto!

Hi Barcode,

Sweat Drop Hee hee......pai-sei to confess that I have yet to take pictures for my new babe because I have been out of town over the weekends. But its a good idea....I will conside taking photos. BTW how to put pics in Showroom section huh? p/s: I just registered with mycarforum today leh!

Unsure Perhaps I have been driving 1.6 litre cars all the while (my 1st family car is Hyundai Elantra 1.6 manual (driven for 6 yrs), 2nd family car (still driving now, 2yrs old) is Toyota Altis 1.6 auto), so I am a bit disappointed with the lack of power especially pick-up from 1st & 2nd gears.

Tongue But we are all matured adults and I know my priorities (as stated in my Recommendation section of my previous posting), so should not complain.

Oh just 1 thing forgotten to share about the setback of QQ Thumbs Down - it's pretty noisy when driving - the noise was from the air-con (not the engine). At times I even hear the paper blowing kind of whistling sound, quite irritating. But the QQ veteran mechanic uncle (retired from Borneo Motor)told me it's from the air-con and common among 1 litre car. Any comment from those 1 litre car owners?

I went to test drive QQ yesterday and amid all the bad vibes about it, I came out pleasantly surprised.

First the exterior is pretty cute and it looks quite solid. When I rest on the QQ, the metal did not dent at all. And the spolier and body kit that comes free with it makes the car looks more 'fierce'.

The interior is pretty decent and I like the green glow of the speedometer. The white finishing is pretty good and make the interior looks bigger. Somemore now got free leather seats so the comfort level is decent. The back seating is spacious for a car this size and I like the fact that the back seat is 60:40 ratio which gives me more options.

Next is the performance. I agree with most of the reviews that the clutch is non responsive and the brake needs strong legs to apply. Sort of remind me of the GP cars and Minibuses in the army days. Handling is pretty good and acceleration is stuill okay considering it only 800cc.

The most important selling point of QQ has to be the additional stuff that comes in the standard deal. They throw in free fog lights, sports rim, leather seats and central lock. Unlike picanto who requires extra $3k for the above mentioned. And there's the 2.88% interest rate and rather inexpensive insurance by China Insurance.

For me who just needs a OPC car to bring me around and budget is my main priority, this will tip the scales in favour of QQ due to the package and FC. Moreover the SE is very friendly unlike kia's ones who are more interested in getting off from work(but that's another story)

This is my 2 cents take on Chery QQ.

• Praise 1

a very well written review. but this sounds like a post from an SE. OUt of 6 paragraphs, only one small paragraph is about the car's driving characteristics and test drive.

The rest is always about features and looks...

Anyway, since you have posted a detailed review. Ppl will be discerning enough to distingiush. Don't think your review will carry much weight. Being a new member with only 2 posts and BOTH are long posts singing QQ's praises.

Owners have feedbacked that the FC is about 13km/l. About the same as an Altis, a far cry for the advertised 24km/l.

Well, dun get me wrong, i'm not here to bash QQ. above are all facts.

• Praise 1

I knew someone will say that I sound like a SE. This is the first time I went for test drive and honestly I don't know what to take note of except for the features that I'm interested in.

As I don't own the car yet, this review is solely based on first impressions.

Anyway, I appreciate your comments .

• Praise 1

No worries. it just raises my suspicion that your first 2 posts in MCF are on QQ.

Jus hope that MCF wun see a surge of "reviews" by newly registered forumners on a certain product.

having said that, welcome to MCF and participate in other topics.

Chery QQ SE... pls give us a break.... we are tired of this le.... [thumbsdown] alot of clones have been set up just to post a few posts about Chery QQ.. then disappeared... [thumbsdown]

you are mentioning kia SEs? for what? what's the point u are trying to prove? u are a chery QQ SE.. recently there has been an influx of many newbies, registered just to post some good reviews of Chery QQ or simply to make an impact, then vanished... (or many that single one cloning) and we are tired of all this stunts...

let the consumers be the judge.. [thumbsup]

Edited by Weixiang_06
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I'm sorry to say this:

Mr WeiXiang, I think you should also give us a break, we are also very very tired of this arguments/accusing le. [thumbsdown]

Whether he's a real buyer or Chery SE, let the consumers be the judge... [nod]

• Praise 1

Thanks for the defense. At least there is someone with a sense of reasoning.

For the last time I'm just trying to give my honest opinion and if you want to judge me by this way, so be it.

I'm not angry or pissed by you cos you are just being yourself.

Next time try to bring your negative energy elsewhere.

a very well written review. but this sounds like a post from an SE. OUt of 6 paragraphs, only one small paragraph is about the car's driving characteristics and test drive.

The rest is always about features and looks...

Anyway, since you have posted a detailed review. Ppl will be discerning enough to distingiush. Don't think your review will carry much weight. Being a new member with only 2 posts and BOTH are long posts singing QQ's praises.

Owners have feedbacked that the FC is about 13km/l. About the same as an Altis, a far cry for the advertised 24km/l.

Well, dun get me wrong, i'm not here to bash QQ. above are all facts.

if i remember correctly, the latest few QQ advertisement in the paper no longer show 24km/l, so i suspect there are really some QQ SE here post as a buyer & accidently read the 13km/l fact... feed back to management and they decided to take it out from advertisement???

maybe they scare kana sue lah for mis-representation

• Praise 1

i think china made cars need to catch up on quality and reliabilites first then people will start to pay attention to their cars. just look at Proton and Hyundai. [wave]

• Praise 1

I've got a fren who own a Chery QQ but the back of the car windscreen was damaged & need to change the whole windscreen of the glass. Anybody knw toughly how much the price to change for the whole back of the windscreen?

• Praise 1

I went to test drive QQ yesterday and amid all the bad vibes about it, I came out pleasantly surprised.

First the exterior is pretty cute and it looks quite solid. When I rest on the QQ, the metal did not dent at all. And the spolier and body kit that comes free with it makes the car looks more 'fierce'.

The interior is pretty decent and I like the green glow of the speedometer. The white finishing is pretty good and make the interior looks bigger. Somemore now got free leather seats so the comfort level is decent. The back seating is spacious for a car this size and I like the fact that the back seat is 60:40 ratio which gives me more options.

Next is the performance. I agree with most of the reviews that the clutch is non responsive and the brake needs strong legs to apply. Sort of remind me of the GP cars and Minibuses in the army days. Handling is pretty good and acceleration is stuill okay considering it only 800cc.

The most important selling point of QQ has to be the additional stuff that comes in the standard deal. They throw in free fog lights, sports rim, leather seats and central lock. Unlike picanto who requires extra $3k for the above mentioned. And there's the 2.88% interest rate and rather inexpensive insurance by China Insurance.

For me who just needs a OPC car to bring me around and budget is my main priority, this will tip the scales in favour of QQ due to the package and FC. Moreover the SE is very friendly unlike kia's ones who are more interested in getting off from work(but that's another story)

This is my 2 cents take on Chery QQ.

Yeah,

I also agree that the quality is not too bad for the price of the car. It's a good bargain in its own way!

[thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Check your incurance company. It might be cover and can claim without affecting the NCD.

I had claim my rear wind screen once earlier this year after it was break by a reverse lorry and this does not affect my NCD.

↡ Advertisement