Chery QQ reviews ONLY

Glyuen

Neutral Newbie

thats day i saw a QQ the headlights cover like tio burn like that... [jawdrop]

I think the headlight cover using plastic? anyone can comfirm ma.. Maybe is yellowish when u saw.. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

I think the headlight cover using plastic? anyone can comfirm ma.. Maybe is yellowish when u saw.. [sweatdrop]

burnt as in chao ta. all crumpled and signs of black...

• Praise 1

Hi Rich. i frm SCCforum! Remember? didnt know u came here as well. see u tml at kallang for the meetup!

and my QQ brakes are like perfect? lol.

engine also quiet. mine is the third and latest batch.

Neutral Newbie

[flowerface]

rich Sg : I suggest you consider to add a BRAKE BOOSTER to the car which will lighten pedal forces and increase stopping capability

Several of the SCC Forum car owners have done it and is quite pleased

Please see my suggestion to you at SCC forum

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

[flowerface][drivingcar]

to be fair one must compare apples with apples - both the GETZ and Picanto you have mentioned many a times in this thread are 1100 cc and the Kelissa / Kenari are 1000 cc - the greatest number of QQ sold are the 812 cc be that be AMT or Manual - so there are 300 cc difference between these and the QQ - not very much in larger CC cars but in reality in small cc cars almost 30%

The QQ is made from the plans off the Daewoo Matiz ( sold here at Stars Auto way back in the late 1980s ) and subsequently renamed Daewoo D Arts ( maybe too close to MATI ? ) - the D arts was a GM world small car project as Daewoo and GM was join venture but when Daewoo went bust and was sold to GM - the Koreans took the plans etc and went to Chery and set up shop whilst GM remodeled the design and came out with the SPARK - the Daewoo name was replaced as CHEVY ( chevrolet ) for the international market - in price the Spark is about $7000 more expensive to acquire- but made cars to same capacity and size

Various reasons were given by QQ owners as to why they bought - hey their choice some like the room , some like the gadgets ( lots for that price ) but not care so much as to the performance or reliabilty - true many aft market fitments can be added to make the car go faster but with such a small engine would the additional strain these mod parts make the car demise earlier ?

What a lot of potential owners not know is that Chery cars are expensive to maintain and lacks quality control and has poor parts made with low quality materials - so basically it is the luck of the draw if you get a lemon or not ( and by the way not is very rare ) . The car is cheap - so in order to maintain a constant profit margin you need to use low quality part / pay low and almost not care what comes out of your production line. Coupled with the local agent who works on " pay me now or pay me later " principle - well now the spares prices / labour cost and services charges are really damn high - imagine T11 oil filter - $25 ++ / air filter $52 ++ etc, now here comes the big one- replacement bonnet quoted at $9000 ? labour cost per man hour $55

warranty 3 years or 100000 kms ?- well that depends how they choose to interpret and decide if they will do the rework under warranty - a QQ with auto gear box leak ( car around a year ) was warranty denied and asked to pay $10000 for a replacement - eventaully bargain down to around $3000 and even then a few months later that gera box was back at vertex with defect and so warranty work

The repairs are normally - do the minimum and off you go only to find that hey it is back after a short while and we start that again - so if chargeable repairs here we are more money to the agents .

Outside for now no spare parts dealers stocking QQ and I dare say MIC car parts - I wonder how owners of GEELY / DONGFENG / CHANA / WU Ling are doing - is it the same wala wala with their agenst ? - so we are like lamb to the slaughter for now - hopefully shortly there after there will be outside parallel import of parts as cars expire the 3 years warranty

why did I ( so dumb ? ) buy a Chery - well I wanted to try something different but at that time I know not the way that the agents work to shall we say " killing me slowly " with the prices - So for the benefit of those contemplating any Chery - your capital outlay now is low but once you add up your total in a few years down the road you would have spent same as the someone who bought a more expensive car up front . Also be aware that you will have to invest a lot in time ( which is money ) to go back and forth to Vertex to have things put right - so all that adds up

So bottom line - it is what you can bear and if you want a QQ - so be it go for it - good luck - live long and be happy - but if you cannot put up with these shall we say inconvieniences and vehicle unreliability - reconsider your options - as I said the other similar looking and almost identical twin costs around $7000 more

[flowerface][drivingcar][lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie

Yes - you are right - the Chery head lights have clear plastic lens - and so I think does all the other Chery models - they will " craze " - particularly the QQ which I have seen seems more pronounced - darn expensive to buy replacement and you cannot use chemical to clean it .

Seem to recall that this was happenning to the early generation of the frog eye Mercedes Benz also - but now there seems no more repeats by MB but for Chery same old continues

[bounce1][sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Think with every car there are bound to be lemons... just a matter of a lot or v rare. There are probably many happy (and lucky) QQ owners out there too... [laugh]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Think with every car there are bound to be lemons... just a matter of a lot or v rare. There are probably many happy (and lucky) QQ owners out there too... [laugh]

[flowerface]

sure my man - I do agree every brand bound to have a few lemons ( I recall reading in the papers about a BMW owner that sued to try to get her money back ) but seems LEMONS are more common here than NON lemons - I have been down to Vertex a few times and seem to see lots of LEMON owners bringing back their LEMONS to be fixed .

Also over pricing of parts and labour plus many a times nil stock - is a totally disppointing experrience

My case waited 1.5 months for them to get a gear box oil seal to fix a leak - never mind how the wala wala sounded like when I first told them there is oil leak from gear box or engine at the clutch bell housing - I have learnt to accept these things but once warranty expires - oh oh !

[shakehead]

Neutral Newbie

[flowerface][drivingcar]

to be fair one must compare apples with apples - both the GETZ and Picanto you have mentioned many a times in this thread are 1100 cc and the Kelissa / Kenari are 1000 cc - the greatest number of QQ sold are the 812 cc be that be AMT or Manual - so there are 300 cc difference between these and the QQ - not very much in larger CC cars but in reality in small cc cars almost 30%

The QQ is made from the plans off the Daewoo Matiz ( sold here at Stars Auto way back in the late 1980s ) and subsequently renamed Daewoo D Arts ( maybe too close to MATI ? ) - the D arts was a GM world small car project as Daewoo and GM was join venture but when Daewoo went bust and was sold to GM - the Koreans took the plans etc and went to Chery and set up shop whilst GM remodeled the design and came out with the SPARK - the Daewoo name was replaced as CHEVY ( chevrolet ) for the international market - in price the Spark is about $7000 more expensive to acquire- but made cars to same capacity and size

Various reasons were given by QQ owners as to why they bought - hey their choice some like the room , some like the gadgets ( lots for that price ) but not care so much as to the performance or reliabilty - true many aft market fitments can be added to make the car go faster but with such a small engine would the additional strain these mod parts make the car demise earlier ?

What a lot of potential owners not know is that Chery cars are expensive to maintain and lacks quality control and has poor parts made with low quality materials - so basically it is the luck of the draw if you get a lemon or not ( and by the way not is very rare ) . The car is cheap - so in order to maintain a constant profit margin you need to use low quality part / pay low and almost not care what comes out of your production line. Coupled with the local agent who works on " pay me now or pay me later " principle - well now the spares prices / labour cost and services charges are really damn high - imagine T11 oil filter - $25 ++ / air filter $52 ++ etc, now here comes the big one- replacement bonnet quoted at $9000 ? labour cost per man hour $55

warranty 3 years or 100000 kms ?- well that depends how they choose to interpret and decide if they will do the rework under warranty - a QQ with auto gear box leak ( car around a year ) was warranty denied and asked to pay $10000 for a replacement - eventaully bargain down to around $3000 and even then a few months later that gera box was back at vertex with defect and so warranty work

The repairs are normally - do the minimum and off you go only to find that hey it is back after a short while and we start that again - so if chargeable repairs here we are more money to the agents .

Outside for now no spare parts dealers stocking QQ and I dare say MIC car parts - I wonder how owners of GEELY / DONGFENG / CHANA / WU Ling are doing - is it the same wala wala with their agenst ? - so we are like lamb to the slaughter for now - hopefully shortly there after there will be outside parallel import of parts as cars expire the 3 years warranty

why did I ( so dumb ? ) buy a Chery - well I wanted to try something different but at that time I know not the way that the agents work to shall we say " killing me slowly " with the prices - So for the benefit of those contemplating any Chery - your capital outlay now is low but once you add up your total in a few years down the road you would have spent same as the someone who bought a more expensive car up front . Also be aware that you will have to invest a lot in time ( which is money ) to go back and forth to Vertex to have things put right - so all that adds up

So bottom line - it is what you can bear and if you want a QQ - so be it go for it - good luck - live long and be happy - but if you cannot put up with these shall we say inconvieniences and vehicle unreliability - reconsider your options - as I said the other similar looking and almost identical twin costs around $7000 more

[flowerface][drivingcar][lipsrsealed]

The opinions expressed here are strictly mine and is not here to defame anyone - I have personally talked to the person with the gearbox story and have felt this way about what I have been served with - I guess I am lucky that my car is not as big a LEMON as some others and should be grateful that fate has dealth me a better unit

Neutral Newbie

Hi!! Dave here. I agreed with wat was said abt the QQ. The workmanship is Typical CHINA. Cannot even match those of Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesiia or Korea. I feel that the factory just fit all the parts together as if they are rushing it off to go back home. Very horrible quality and the worst car I have driven in my 20 years of driving. [confused]

• Praise 1

what's craze - the lens become mad after some time? Or you mean "haze", i.e. turn cloudy. Most cars now typically use polycarbonate lens which resist the effect of the sun's UV rays better, can't imagine MIC still using cheapo plastic - age super fast somemore. B but what can u expect frm the price?

Yes - you are right - the Chery head lights have clear plastic lens - and so I think does all the other Chery models - they will " craze " - particularly the QQ which I have seen seems more pronounced - darn expensive to buy replacement and you cannot use chemical to clean it .

Seem to recall that this was happenning to the early generation of the frog eye Mercedes Benz also - but now there seems no more repeats by MB but for Chery same old continues

[bounce1][sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bros,

Read all the previews and posts, quite good and realistic. I owned a Cherry QQ (Manual) for 2 yrs, now owner of a Kia Piccanto.

To cut longs story short, and to be fair to Cherry QQ, I will state the +ve and -ve points:

+ve: Good cold air con, accessories like power window at rear, good brakes, light steering, cabin is broad.

-ve: Engine vibrates too much, pickup fails, no power, dashboard and meter spoilt and replaced, gear suddenly broke and replaced, exhaust broke and replaced (sounded like turbo leh!), and the weird thing is that everytime air con switch off, the engine like kinda splutters to death.

So, I think China has someway to go in terms of engine refinement. But overall body still acceptable la. The gaps in between doors and bonnet are too wide though.

• Praise 1

QQ is a transport for to and fro when alone ... Being a ex owner, safety is important for my family .. my ex QQ cant go up MSCP , I tell my wife go down, off my aircon go up ..no problem ..price u pay is wat u get.. than go lot 1 carpark car cant go up slope w baby and wife inside , off aircon 1st gear want to died engine liao roll back slightly not 1 time but serveral times.. go workshop no help.. install UTR charger and UTR air filter still same sell at heavy lost.. I will still buy china car as it is affordable but QC must improve .. driving 2nd hand Kia now thinking of changing to Wuling Journey

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The opinions expressed here are strictly mine and is not here to defame anyone - I have personally talked to the person with the gearbox story and have felt this way about what I have been served with - I guess I am lucky that my car is not as big a LEMON as some others and should be grateful that fate has dealth me a better unit

I am appalled that manufacturers and their agents can be downright unscrupulous in their dealings. Whatever happen to corporate governence & responsiblity. Nearly all the times, its "Your Problem" after they sell you the car. No re-course, no replacement. And in current clmante, there is nothing the consumer can do.

If all the owners of lemon cars can get a big stickers with "MINE CAR SUCKS!" pasted on their car and drive it around. I don't think its defamation because its a owner's personal opinion of his property. It will go a long way to make the dealers sit up and take notice. For me, it takes a very angry person to make that statement and I will probably avoid that particular car

↡ Advertisement