Shell Helix Ultra comparable to Redline/M1/Texas/Blue/X-Rev?

Chewy

Neutral Newbie

Coz 20W50 is the Cheapest mineral oil but then they can still charges @ a premium price for this package

Neutral Newbie

Enuff man!

Where to get redline?

which servicing outlet is cheap and good???

Neutral Newbie

hi,

i notice my car do consumpt abit of the engine oil...about 200-300ml after 5K km..

i dont have this problem when i was using mobil 1 Gold 0W40..

it is the oil i am using now is not suitable for my car?

currently i am using Royal purple 10W40

no leak was found..not funny smoke as well..

Neutral Newbie

this is the 3rd oil change..i used this oil (RP) for about 25k km already...

btw, will switch to redline 5W30 in next oil change..i heard this oil is even worst in term of oil consumption..

Well, i've tried the following brands and honestly, almost all feel similar one way or another. I change oil every 8k. High rev occasionally to about 7k rpm but usually only to 5k.

Delphi 10W50 - This is one of the better ones i've used. Smooth and quiet engine. Not too expensive also. If i'm not wrong the oil still can find but the company closed down? I really dunno

Shell Helix Ultra - Not too bad but feels normal after a few K...engines starts to vibrate at high revs

Castrol RS 5W50 - I used the old formula and it was good. Similar to Delphi. Then i changed to their new formula (now all new formula) and somehow the standard dropped. Only 5k milage and the engine vibrates alot at high revs...Time for oil change next week...

Texas Titanium Plus - Not yet use but next week i'll be changing to this one... It's $200+ for 4L but they claim ALOT from this oil. Also got reviews from other cars using this and they say it's VERY good....Hehe, i try then see how, if not i go bang table and get refund.

Honestly, i'm not oil guru la but i think any synthetic oil should be good enough if you do regular changes...not necessary to get such good one right? They're basically the same grade and specs...unless the newer ones that claim alot of things la....Like Rev-X and Texas...but no hard trying out...theni can give personal review and see how..

200 bucks?!! If got money might as well spend on the proven Motul 300V double ester series.

Even the SAAB original oil and Opel original oil don't cost this much.

Well...i calculated...

regular oil avg SGD75, change oil every 8k, plus additives another $30 total $105 every 8k...(This is what i pay)

With Texas Plus, (just change today), only need to change every 20k and no need anymore additives. So it works out to be almost the same...performance wise, it's still running in now so i can't comment much. But initial feel is it's ALOT smooother and car more power...I need to "burn" it in further to monitor the oil...and see if it does indeed do what it claims. Can always bang table mah...they promised me it wil deliver or else i can ask for refund :) so try lor...

↡ Advertisement