Superman Track

Hyun

Neutral Newbie

WTF (wat the freq) is the superman track? that 20 hz flutter at 1 min 09 secs onwards, it's an orchestral piece right, WTF is generating that flutter? a bird? a plane? got bird in recording studio one meh?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

aiyoh saya where got wang to buy Rich kunzel's cd ... it's the ice car one lah hehe.

Neutral Newbie

IASCA CD u mean [laugh]

at the so called "climax", you should be able to hear the low freqs travel from rear to front, machiam like a runaway train... heheh!

In any case, Erich Kunzel's Telarc CDs are not really ex...at only $20 per pcs for new ones or about half the price in the Yahoo auction...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Bro Hyun,

IASCA Track 6: Superman: The Planet Krypton (Telearc CD #80146 - 1987)

Instrument used is the Baldwin Multi- Waveform Organ

According to the IASCA booklet page 4, I believe it is the low freq pedal note that is blasting, away down to 18 Hz.

The ending crescendo ends with a short piece of low freq combination of tympani, string bass and organ that bro wahliao said like a runaway train!.

Edited by Bobcatsysop

Neutral Newbie

ice car, slice car, ice cream man, sama sama lah.

but when u turn the volume to a decently dramatic crescendo at the end, at this playback volume, what kind of volume r u expecting for the 1 min 09 seconds starting of the 18hz organ pedal? just palpable tension? or a bit obvious? i ask this so that i know what sub gain to set to match the fronts. is it mentioned in that booklet?

Neutral Newbie

>>but when u turn the volume to a decently dramatic crescendo at the end, at this playback volume, what kind of volume r u expecting for the 1 min 09 seconds starting of the 18hz organ pedal? just palpable tension? or a bit obvious? i ask this so that i know what sub gain to set to match the fronts. is it mentioned in that booklet? >>

Its a presurizzing effect that you feel coming from back to the front, as though you are in a pressure cooker [sweatdrop]

If the lower freq is indeed from within the orchestra's concert hall, the effect that was discussed should have come from the front stage instead as all instruments in the orchestra are lined-up at the stage. This is the case for the organ as well. One other good track from Telarc is the Opera of the Phantom theme, anyone interested I can bring on the meetup for you to experience the WOW effect from the organ...astonishing...wink.gif

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

yayaya i wanna wow leh. that organ also got bird huh ....

yup it's that pressure-tension kind of non-audible effect. but question again is, how much do u want to feel that effect? cos if i turn up the gain, i'll get more effect. if i reduce, i'll get less. i'm trying to determine what is the suitable level with respect to the rest of the music (trying to adjust frequency response). as for how to achieve frontstage 20hz, wah that one have to wow in your car on tuesday liaoz....

Edited by Hyun

Unless you have been to a real concert, its pretty difficult to determine what is the most realistic effect (both hearing and feeling)...you have encountered 20Hz from my system's front stage meh? wink.gif

For me , i tink tats the supporters must be aevry active than u can feel the energy in yr heart ,bro!!thumbsup.gif

Wa chim sia...I didn't quite understand your first msg to me neh...can explain? Aiyah...Clarion pretty slow one...just like Canon to Nikon camera...so by the time they come with "D3", I may have given up hope on ICE...

Neutral Newbie

i.e. when u play at a nice dramatic volume, when that organ starts its tone at 1 min 09 seconds, u expect to only detect a hum faintly (minimal response), or do u expect something a bit more obvious, or do u expect something rather obvious that someone who doesn't know audio also can tell got bird flapping?

↡ Advertisement